Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Celosia stood apart from the rest of daylight. Anybody with half a brain could feel the animosity towards her.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn glanced over at her for a second, not saying a word she quickly leaves for the medbay.

1 Like

“This isn’t my first rodeo.” Mariana replied to Butch, as she double checked her SMG and pistol.

1 Like

Grace smiled and gave Celosia coffee.

“No… Matter of fact, I’d like you all to stay close to me until we get to the surface.” Sky said. "Then we’ll see what happens.

Butch nodded at Mariana.

Sarah nodded and headed to get her gear.

Leo continued to stare at the ceiling for a moment. He then looked at his left arm and sighed.

2 Likes

Sky walked up beside him. “Hey, Leo.” Sky said, holding his hand.

1 Like

“Alright.” Were her finals words as she was gone from the hangar.

2 Likes

Leo was zoned out for a moment. “Oh… hey Sky…” he said a bit blankly as he was thinking. He didn’t notice she was holding his hand.

Sarah walked with Kaitlynn.

2 Likes

“Oh…didn’t think someone was gonna follow me.” Kailtynn said as she saw Sarah join her.

2 Likes

“I needed to grab my gear, I saw you going so I decided to tag along.” Sarah said.

2 Likes

“Well, I’m stopping by the medbay first. So you can go on ahead without me.”

2 Likes

“I’ll wait for you.” Sarah said with a smile.

3 Likes

Kyanna had a look of boredom on her face, it was hidden beneath her helmet but her body language made it obvious she wanted to get hurt

2 Likes

Cabis grunted as he saw Sky and Leo holding hands. He waled over to a bench and sat down on it, his back not quite comfortable.

5 Likes

Celosia skulled the drink.

2 Likes

“Thanks.” She said looking at the medbay for a second and took a deep breath, even when she saw her brother everyday it still felt like a struggle to see him. Everytime she walked through those doors she thought one of three things. How she should have shot Celosia,Take the stab for him, or she should have kept him in the cafeteria.

She shook a little, not saying a word and just focusing on the path in front of her as she walked to see Blake. Stay strong Kaitlynn he never liked seeing you cry. she thought to herself going slower towards the room he was in, trying to prolong seeing him in such a state.

As she entered the room she could see him laying in the hospital bed wires and tubes all over him, keeping him alive while he was unconscious. She saw the large scar on his stomach from where she had stabbed him. She sat down next to him in the chair and took his hand, rubbing the top of his hand with her thumb. She sighed again and looked over him, she smiled at the tattoo on his arm, the tattoo was of a skull wearing a WWII german skull giving an evil smile as flames shot up from its head of the german flag. A torn and worn banter rested under the skull with the words. Bringen Sie written into it in old English text.

“You always were proud of being German.” She softly giggled, before the smile faded from away and turned into a frown. “I know you can hear me bub, I know what you’re trying to do…please keep fighting, and please wake up soon.” She begged him, trying not to whimper. “I gotta go soon…Daylight is needed. I love you Bub, never forget that.” She stood up and made her way out of the medbay and to the armory passing Sarah, not saying a word as she couldn’t hide the depressed look from her face, how the shining of tears could be seen in her eyes, as she tried not to cry.

4 Likes

“Let’s get going.” Sky said to him, leading Leo to the Pelican as the ODSTs mounted up.

1 Like

Kyanna took her seat in the pelican and double checked she had her assault rifle loaded

2 Likes

Kailtynn got into the pelican and looked back, this would be the first time she would go alone, the only person she could put trust in was Samuel and Sarah.

3 Likes

Sarah and Samuel sat beside Kaitlynn.
“Don’t forget.” Sarah started.
“We have your back.” Samuel finished.

Leo nodded and slowly let go of her hand. He took a seat and checked his carbine.

2 Likes