Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“We’ll find out soon enough during round two with The Black Moons…” Catina said. “And, would I be wrong in thinking a Spartan III could smash an armored fist right through the visor of Athena’s ODST helmet, then rip out a handful of her electronic brain?”

“The armor is mainly aesthetic, mainly so she can some blend in with out group. The armor under that can take a huge beating.” Hermes said.

2 Likes

“Cat, you’re being more of an a*s than I am most of the time… Chill out, babe… Just calm down.” Aries smiled up at her, hugging her tightly.

1 Like

“It is what it is.” Catina replied to Aries. “Historically, Spartan III’s tend to dwell on the opposite end of the spectrum from Nuns.”

“Say. Maybe you and I could do some testing of your own robot body in a simulation or two, along with what I had already known my physical strength is capable of.” Catina said to Hermes.
“In one simulation, I could repeat pulling a railroad tie off a track with one hand…then wrap it around your midsection with your arms down, and time how long it’d take to free yourself?”
“Second, lifting a Warthog over my head is about the limit of my strength. Do that, and test your ability to tank the damage from having said Warthog dropped on you in that simulation?”

The corpses that massed on the shores of Saham began to move, lurching to life and shuffling toward the steel mountain that was the Fortress Keep.

“INCOMING KAIJU, CETUS PILOTS TO YOUR STATIONS” Blaring throughout the station was an alert which was commonplace. Sangheili darted through the hallways, rushing to their stations for the deployment of their newest machines. Due to the support of Borli, even greater technologies were accomplished. Their newest Cetus Titans were finally complete, and the carnage they would wreak through their great enemy would be catastrophic.

The Gahlogali Warriors stationed there under Captain Ventris were bored out of their minds. Twelve times these alarms went off during their garrison, and nothing had reared their heads to fight Saham. News trickled in from Borli of their brother’s glory they had been carving into the Black Moon advances for months.

Nevertheless, he and his officers stood watch over the deployment, for that is what the Kaidon had asked of him. The great doors of Saham’s primary hangar opened for the Cetus to deploy, and as they opened, his eyes widened. As the second Cetus deployed, the attack began. He watched as a swarm of rotten and bloated corpses shuffled inside out of the rain.

“Brothers-” Ventris stopped himself, as larger Sangheili of their stature entered, and opened fire at the workers of Saham. “BROTHERS! WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!” Ventris roared, and immediately began to make his way down to the massacre.

Self mutilation is what Sotuv would have called Damo’s time to himself. Movum would believe the same, however it was unclear to him what Saham would feel. It caused his hearts to ache, how his kin viewed his ancestry as technological heresies. Yet, it was all for peace. Perhaps he should have let Sotuv and Movum fight their own wars, for in not doing so, he’d driven them away. His childhood dream of peace was torn asunder. There was one thing left to do.

Damo appeared, in armor more akin to his father’s, however it was larger. No longer did he wear the blue, but now a brilliant gold with red accents. He held up his hand before Daylight. “We have much to discuss before we do this, Valiynna.” Damo said.

“Yes, Damo. My decision to send them was brash, I should have waited for you to make the order to attack, my Kaidon.” Valiynna said softly.

“Very well… Now we have to discuss their strength. What numbers have you brought?” Damo asked Leo.

1 Like

Movum took reports of their casualties. 971, 000 warriors had died in battle, they had lost half of their banshees and phantoms, a minor count of their wraiths, and a moderate amount of their ghosts, but it would be enough to hold off the invasion.

1 Like

“You have me on your side this time to be sure.”. Catina informed Damo. “One Spartan who defends this planet and lays on a beach. May this be the last time Gahlogali needs defending, and may I only have laying on a beach as something to do here.”

1 Like

“We have a station and the Dark Star. There are a decent amount of troops.” Leo said. “And the Spartans you see here.”

2 Likes

Spetz raised his hand “present”

2 Likes

Grace high fived Spetz’ hand.

“If Aries and Catina wish to get married, do so now. I have things to prepare for our allegiance, then. It will take time, so use it.” Damo said. “Valiynna, see to it.” He ordered.

Valiynna nodded. “Prepare to be wed.” Valiynna ordered Aries and Catina.

2 Likes

“Out of armor first?” Catina asked Aries. “I’d rather just wear this for battle, not on a special occasion.”

1 Like

Spetz looked at Grace weirdly and chuckled

2 Likes

Aries nodded. Gowns were supplied to them.

Sky relaxed on a column. “D*mn… Leo… They’re really doing this.” Sky chuckled.

Damo descended into the depths of the catacombs. They had been cleaned, the great tomb of his ancestors restored to its former glory. He walked into a large command chamber, where a glance above was the ocean. Damo cried at the sight when none of his subjects were around. The beauty of his home would be lost forever, and there was nothing he could do to stop it. They could only run.

“O-oh… That um… Wasn’t a high five…” Grace shyed away.

1 Like

“What was it then?” Spetz asked curiously

1 Like

is now really the best time and place for a wedding? Beth thought.

Sotuv finished wiping out the rest of the black moons forces, then they vigilantly scoured the island for any stragglers, and slaughtered them once they were caught.

1 Like

“Y-you were raising um… your h-hand.” Grace blushed harder.

A giant black obelisk erupted from the center of the island(in Sotuv)

1 Like

all of Sotuv’s forces focused their fire on the Obelisk

1 Like

It opened up and hordes of Black Moons monstrosities poured from it like a spider’s young from an egg sac.

1 Like

Catina was out of her armor and undersuit in record time, wearing the robe given to her by Borli Keep.

1 Like

they were quickly slaughtered, Sotuv had been fighting the black moons for so long they were able to kill them with ease, Sotuv’s corvette continued to bombard the obelisk until it was destroyed

1 Like