Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Leo sighed. “If we get attacked we are all in trouble.” He said as he sat down.

Sarah kept running around looking for Mary with Tom.

1 Like

“you read my mind Leo” Beth said

1 Like

Tom arrived in the cafeteria and saw Mary. “MARY!” Tom shouted. He ran and picked her up. “Are.you hurt? It’s okay, Daddy’s here… Everything’s gonna be okay…”

“Daddy, Mommy!” Mary shouted.

1 Like

“■■■■■■■…brilliant, just brilliant.” Blake sighed in dissapointment, not surprised Daylight would once again fail to realize the seriousness of the situaiton. He grabbed his sniper and huffed. “Where’s the f*cking exit? I’m going sniping instead of staying for this crap.”

1 Like

“Blake wait up.” Leo said.

Sarah hugged Tom and Mary.

1 Like

“I’m all set. How about you?” Catina asked Aries, after her final touch of stashing her M6D in the back of her robe. In case Borli Keep were attacked, and anything got past both of the giant machines patrolling The Keep.

1 Like

“What?” He asked annoyed.

1 Like

“Stay and wait, we will leave soon.” Leo said to him.

1 Like

“No, If I can get some alone time now, I’m taking it.”

1 Like

“Go ahead but keep a com open with me or Athena,” Leo said.

1 Like

“That was an order.” Sky said nonchalantly.

“Mommy, Mr. Zorya is in trouble, we have to help him!” She said.

The Raptors approached Zorya, surrounding him. Their camo and lightning began to disorient Zorya, for he knew they were there, but not where.

Aries smiled in her purple robe. She shoved a five dollar bill in Beth’s hands. “You’re the flower girl.” She said through clenched teeth.

Beth shrugged “not sure what to do” she said

1 Like

He put two fingers up to his helmet and acted like it was a gun and pulled the trigger.
“We came here to do a job, not play marriage.”

1 Like

“I thought you were going outside.” Aries sneered.

“Nevermind.” Aries sighed.

“Go ahead Blake, I’ll let you know when we are ready to go.” Leo said to him.

“Tom I’m going to get Mary out of here.” Sarah said.

1 Like

Blake walked out of the keep, humming to himself.

1 Like

“Make sure she’s safe, honey.” Tom said. He ran forward to Zorya, opening fire on the Raptors.

Damo watched as the aquatic life swam peacefully. He didn’t want it to end.

Captain Ventris fought in the halls of Saham. It had been found that they were ill equipped to deal with a land attack at Saham, so citizens wielding weapons simply did not exist. Ventris was slowly but surely being pushed back into the civilian quarters sections of the fortress, but he would not dare let these monsters ravage the Sangheili. He would fight.

“Sons of Borli, Knights of Gahlogali, CHARGE!” Ventris screamed. His brothers roared as they ran forward, cleaning the undead in half.

“Are you two ready?” Valiynna asked.

1 Like

“Yes we are ready Valiynna.” Catina told her. “Shall we follow Damo’s order, and marry now?” Catina asked Aries.

1 Like

The six raptors spread out as Zorya held his sword to them. Each one looked to each other and nodded as they tried to run past Zorya.

Zorya tried backpedaling to stop their advance but was met by one of the raptors that jumped and clashed their energy claws with his blade. With Zorya locked in place at one side of the hallway, 3 of the raptors took to the other side of the hall past Zorya as they started to make their way back to him from behind. Zorya dead stared his opponent in the face as he brought his body closer to him. Remember what Nostradamus has taught you he thought to himself as he could almost hear his own voice in his head. “What matter of beast are you?” He asked the Raptor but got no response.

The raptor disengaged blades with Zorya as he was circled by all 6 raptors around him. Zorya sighed heavily as his life started to flash before his eyes “I should’ve tossed her as bait” Zorya mumbled to himself as he knew it would take a miracle for him to survive this. The Raptors started to circle Zorya at the same pace, slowly increasing their pace as it was almost like clockwork. Zorya quickly turned from side to side, trying to defend against the next attack they would try Focus! he though to himself as his life was on the line.

The pace of the Raptors became faster and faster as their robes started to flow in the wind by their speed, creating a wave of lightning and fog to Zoryas vision. Illusionists-they are playing with their prey he thought as he tried hacking and slashing the circle surrounding them. Pieces of robe and cloth fell where he would thought to have struck and killed them, they were hiding themselves with their robes. Suddenly, through the illusion came a claw as Zorya reacted slowly to, scratching his lower back he roared in pain and quickly tried to counter attack. He was met again with another cut to his lower abdominal side. Zorya slashed his sword as he quickly saw one of the raptors spun back, bringing its cape up against his body, Zorya quickly took the open hole out of the circle as he charged the one that went out of formation, killing it. He turned to face the remaining Raptors as he wasn’t planning on being stuck in that death circle again.

2 Likes

Tom opened fire on the dancing Raptors, causing them to twist and turn in pain. They began to leave Zorya to focus on Tom.

“Hey! You, who saved my daughter, help me out!” Tom shouted.

Aries blushed. “Why of course…”

Damo arrived at the command decks of the “catacombs”.

“Inform Saham that they shall have a place here, and we shall allow them a Long Retreat, so long as their technologies are recovered.” Damo ordered his crew.

Ventris and his Sangheili now held the last portions of the civilian housings. He had lost many of his soldiers to the attackers, but the civilians had made it to the first ships headed to Borli, along with thousands of weapons.

2 Likes