Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Almost as if to answer Kaitlynn, the swamp behind them erupted in flame, killing an ODST that was unlucky enough to be slow.

Butch sighed as they stopped.

“This was a bad idea, why would we pick a fight with ONI?”

1 Like

“Now I’m annoyed with ONI.” Mariana said as she turned and looked at the area their airstrike had decimated.

1 Like

Kyanna barely made it in time when the explosion happened, scorching her back armor slightly as she was propelled forward

2 Likes

Celosia slid to a stop, Grace sliding off her shoulder.

2 Likes

Kailtynn ran to her side looking her over. “Wow, that was close…that could have actually killed you.”

2 Likes

“I am aware” Kyanna said through heavy breaths

2 Likes

Kailtynn reached her hand out to help her up.

2 Likes

Grace clung to Celosia. “Thank you so much…” She said softly, shaking slightly.

“It’s like they’re looking over our should…” Butch stopped as the head of the ODST beside him exploded, a Stanchion Sniper system being the cause. “Everybody down! They have a sniper!” Butch shouted.

1 Like

She accepted it and caught her breath

2 Likes

Kailtynn pushed her down again as a sniper round nearly hit her. “SH*T!”

2 Likes

“Crud!” Leo said in panic.
He grabbed Samuel and Sarah and pulled them down.

1 Like

Mariana sought cover again. Then “cheated” by activating her Visr to easily locate the Sniper.

1 Like

Celosia stayed silent, she dived behind the log of a fallen tree, laying fairly flat.

2 Likes

“Mariana, where is he?” Butch asked.

1 Like

“Three trees to my right. Just barely peeking out from behind the tree in front of a large outcropping of rocks. He is lying prone on the far side of the rocks right now.”

1 Like

Kyanna crawled behind a large rock for cover

2 Likes

Kaitlynn crawled slowly over to Samuel and Sarah. “This is not I how imagined I would die.”

2 Likes

“Same here!” They said simultaneously.

2 Likes

“Jesus! Is this how we die?!” She groaned in annoyance. “At least I got to say goodbye.”

2 Likes