Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Kyanna brought the ghost over to Kaitlynn “I would not waste your medical supplies on me… Unless I desperately need it… Um…” She looked a little embarrassed in her body language “i… Enjoy pain…”

1 Like

Her eyes widened. “Oh…well, I don’t mind, I mean I’ve dealt with something similar all my life. Well not me personally.”

1 Like

Hundreds of thoughts ran through Jasper’s head.

“What, what’s the status of all our units in the area?” Jasper asked.

“We’re holding back the Covenant, but UNSC forces are en route to deal with the threat.” Butch explained.

“So we need that ship on our drydock.” Jasper surmised. “Which is currently held by superior Covenant forces…” Jasper said. “And the UNSC is going to be here soon, which will compromise decades of work.” Jasper added. Butch nodded

“I have… A reinforcement wave… That has been blowing up my comms for the past hour with their kills over in New Mombasa, not too far from here. If you’d like, I can bring them here.” Butch added.

“I have a clue of what you want me to do. Under… Directive 12, an officer can pull a risky move, conscription of UNSC forces.” Jasper said.

Sky looked at Kyanna strangely. “I’m sorry, but I’ll have to keep you safe.” Sky said.

1 Like

She cleared her throat and awkwardly laughed “now that that is out of the way… And you all know more about me like sky wanted… Let us continue before more covenant arrive and kill us”

2 Likes

Mariana stood and walked from behind her cover. Picking up two Plasma and one Spike Grenade, stashing the plasma’s in two cases on her belt, and carrying the Spike Grenade with her free hand.

“Area seems clear. But after our having to go loud, it might not stay that way for long.” She said to Sky.

1 Like

Kaitlynn opened a private comm. “I’ll tell you later, because I’m sure you’ll like what I have to say.” She said.

As Blake decided out of pure embarrassment to stay in the building and move through them, while it would also allow him to provide overwatch.

1 Like

“why would you have to keep me safe? Do not worry for my health. I enjoy pain it is as simple as that, please do not worry about me too much… If I am killed than that is my fate.” Kyanna said to sky

2 Likes

“We are a team though. We have to umm keep each other alive and all.” Leo spoke up.

2 Likes

“understandable, but please do not over do it.”

2 Likes

“Depends on how bad your wound is. If it’s serious I’m stepping in.” Kaitlynn said, “Now are we gonna keep going or what?” She asked

1 Like

“That’ll be hard for him. If he’s around anyone getting hurt he’s going to take the hits.” Samuel said.
“Ya, he thinks he’s a tank or something.” Sarah added.
“No, I just prefer to take the hits, instead of seeing people get injured when I have the chance to help.” Leo replied.

1 Like

“Ummm Leo, right? Well maybe that’s usually isn’t a good idea. Sometime playing Hero is a bad idea, but I’m just giving out advice from my experience.” Kaitlynn told him, trying not to sound rude.

2 Likes

“Hey… Kyanna… I want you to be safe, got it? I don’t want you to give in to… That…” Sky said, leaning in toward her before continuing forward.

Kyanna rolled her eyes underneath her helmet “hard not to give into it when you have been beaten daily your whole life…” Kyanna thought before speaking again “Really it is alright… If it is a grievous injury I will surely call upon you… Kaitlynn… but mere scratches from an ungoy is hardly worth your time… And the pain only encourages me…”

1 Like

“Sorry…” Leo said embarrassed. He returned to silence as he started to stare at his SMG.
“He’s always been like that.” Sarah said.

1 Like

“Okay, okay, I’ll leave you alone about it.” Sky said. “Blake, everything’s okay up there?” Sky asked, walking beside Leo.

“Ja everything-” his Sniper suddenly went off in a random direction, luckily hitting no one as he went radio silent for a second. “Well I got it unjammed at least, but as I was saying yeah everything’s good Up here.”

1 Like

“it is alright, I am thankful that you show concern and care for my life. My last team did not so now I am here. This is a nice change”

1 Like

“Glad to hear… Do you need a spotter?” Sky asked. “You’re welcome, by the way, Kyanna.” Sky said, a few tears going unseen as she felt like she had some kind of family.

“H-hi…” Grace said under her breath as she followed Sarah.

“Not at the moment no, why?”

1 Like