Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Okay… just tell me when it’s a good time to ask…” Leo said.

2 Likes

Mariana pulled a canteen from her belt as she walked, and took a huge gulp of water. The day had just begun, but it was already insanely hot outside.

2 Likes

They emerged into a small clearing, allowing them to view the large battlefield ahead. The Covenant had surrounded Thel Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios in this temple. Wraiths bombarded the building from four distinct locations.

“If you need water don’t be afraid to ask.” Butch said to Mariana.

“G-gotcha.” Sky said, unable to function properly when talking to him all of a sudden.

2 Likes

“Sky, are you okay?” Leo asked.

2 Likes

“The covenant are giving them hell…Sir we need to pick up the pace before something happens.” Blake suggested

2 Likes

“Of course.” Sky lied, but did so well.

“I think this warrants the use of our secret ordinance.” Butch said, pressing a button. “Jackie, send us our toys.”

“Gotcha Butchie. Deploying them there heavy support boys that cha need. Give em hell.” Jackie said.

1 Like

“How about a beer?” Mariana joked. “But joking aside, are we planning to hoof it through that?” She asked, gesturing to the battlefield.

1 Like

“Can’t wait to see what they are then.”

2 Likes

Leo patted Sky on the back. “Thanks again Sky…”

Sarah prepared her grenade launcher. “I’ll use the EMP again.” She said.

2 Likes

Sky didn’t say anything, just wanting to cry slightly more at that. It felt so much like something they would do… When Leo felt the same way about her…

“Don’t say hoof around Jackie.” Butch laughed.

All of a sudden, the black meteors appeared above them, until with three earth shaking thumps, they landed before them. Three Colossi lay waiting for use.

“Alright, who’s got dibs?” Butch asked.

1 Like

“I call one of them!” Mariana spoke up first.

1 Like

“Dibs.” Kaitlynn said in awe at the colossus.

2 Likes

“I want one!” The twins said in unison.

2 Likes

Kyanna was more focused on the outweighing numbers of covenant forces, having never operated a human vehicle before she had no interest in using one of the large mechs.

3 Likes

Mariana clambered into one of the Colossi, and started it up. “Are we waiting to attack in Unison?” She asked over the coms as she focused on one of the Wraiths that had it’s back to them.

1 Like

Kailtynn climbed into her excited and giggling like a child. As she took her seat. She was trying not to scream in joy.

“Oh.My.God.Im.In.Love.” She said getting a firm grip on the controls."

2 Likes

The twins played a quick game of rock, paper, scissors that Samuel won.
“No fair, you cheated.” Sarah joked.
Samuel chuckled and climbed in.

Leo readied himself as he stretched with his shield.
Sarah got behind him.

3 Likes

“Alright. We’re gonna march right up to that temple and kill anything dumb enough to get between us and the Arbiter.” Butch shouted as they walked forward.

1 Like

“Yes sir!” Kaitlynn said happily readying the mech for combat.

“Time to send them straight to hell.” She said giggling again

2 Likes

Kyanna smiled as she moved forward with the others

2 Likes