Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Sarah nodded and patted Sky on the back. “Grace… come on… you have to get up and walk.”

2 Likes

“Okay…” Grace sighed.

They moved into the woods, examining several plants and the like, as well as smaller mammals

2 Likes

“Come on… smile and be happy!” Sarah said poking Grace.

“This is a nice change of things.” Samuel said.

2 Likes

Grace giggled, Sarah managing to accidentally tickle her.

1 Like

“There we go.” Sarah smiled. “Has she talked to you at all since Celosia died?” She asked Sky in a private comm.

2 Likes

Blake was on high alert constantly checking his surrondings. Gripping his sniper tightly as if he would be ready to shoot the First thing that moved.

This can’t be The Wildlands can it? If this is…I pray to god they haven’t smelled us. he thought before deciding to do something drastic. He pushed through everyone passing Butch. “I’m scouting ahead. This planet isn’t as peaceful as it looks.”

2 Likes

“oh… good I was nearly getting bored from the peace” Kyanna commented

2 Likes

Leo took out his carbine and readied himself. “Did you bring your shield?” He asked Kyanna.

2 Likes

“Kyanna this isn’t the place you’re gonna wanna get hurt. Because it will kill you anything catches you.” He said moving into the forest ahead of everyone.

Kaitlynn looked confused at him as he was suddenly on high alert. She watched him disappear into the forest ahead. “What is he doing? I’ve never seen him like this.”

2 Likes

“not this time” Kyanna said to Leo after hearing blake

2 Likes

Leo sighed. “Well then… If anything happens, please don’t get yourself killed.” He said taking out his shield.

“It’s not a good sign for what could be here, that’s for sure.” Samuel said. “We should be careful.”

2 Likes

Cabis stepped off the pelican and looked around at the jungle, his plasma rifle in hand

2 Likes

“You can say that aga-.” She was interrupted by the sound of a large shriek of an animal in the distance. She stopped and turned around to see a large bird like creature in the distance running towards them on all fours. It was running from something as it was quickly approaching them. The bird was seen as it was taller than anyone as it was approaching, it didn’t move to get out of the way, it was planning to slam right through them.

2 Likes

“Barely… She’s distant… She needs someone to hold on to.” Sky said. “Out of the way!” Sky shouted.

1 Like

Kyanna quickly jumped out of the creatures way

1 Like

The creature ran by everyone, it appeared it had wings but something had attacked it. It’s left wings had been torn off while the right wing was limping on its side. The animal had left a trial of blood as it ran from whatever had attacked it, only for it to suddenly collapse not far from the group. It laid their breathing heavily as a better look of it, showed scratches and bite Marks all over it.

2 Likes

“Why don’t we be there for her?” Sarah asked Sky. “She needs friends…” she said before she had dived out of the way.

“Wait a second… doesn’t this mean the thing that attacked it is still chasing it?” Samuel asked.

2 Likes

A howling was heard in the distance, but it wasn’t like any howl heard before. The tone was deeper as it soon followed by a few more higher pitched howls in the distance.

Kailtynn looked over and stared into the distance woods, as she readied her DMR and pressed the barrel against the animals head. “We should start moving farther. That is my suggestion.” She pulled the trigger as the bullet tore through the animals skull, putting it out of its suffering.

2 Likes

“We can probably take some animals, Kaitlynn.” Butch said.

“You’ve done better than I have in 3 months… And she’s imprinted on you…” Sky said.

2 Likes

“now may not be the time to talk… Let us move” Kyanna said

2 Likes