Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“oh um… I do not know… For now let us not worry about it”

1 Like

Leo turned to see Kyanna catch herself. “Are you okay? You almost fell off just a moment ago.”

Sarah didn’t notice Grace holding on.

Samuel kept watching, “Hey Blake, where are you from?” He asked in a private comm.

1 Like

“I am alright” Kyanna said to Leo “I was lost in thought”

2 Likes

“Luna, why?” He asked.

“Well, thanks Kyanna.” She said awkwardly, as she was used to having be told what to do, if someone did something for her.

3 Likes

“Okay, just making sure,” Leo said. He pulled out the plasma pistol and checked it. “Do you know how to reload this thing? I have experience with my carbine, but this doesn’t have a cartridge like it.” He asked Kyanna.

“I’m just curious, I want to get to know my team more.” Samuel said as he saw some movement. “Something might be following us.” He told Blake.

1 Like

“Where?” He asked, readying the gun.

2 Likes

“it does not have a cartridge, a Ququa- ack erm… Plasma pistol, runs on a battery that needs to be recharged once it is depleted.”

2 Likes

Kaitlynn gave Kyanna a look hearing her, but not saying a word.

1 Like

“Farthest car on the left.” Samuel said.

“Oh okay… I’m interested in working with some more of these weapons. Do you know if other covenant weapons are battery powered like this one?” Leo asked as she seemed to knowledgeable on the subject.

1 Like

“Everyone! Get ready to run to cover, something might be following us.” Blake told everyone turning his gun to the car. Watching it closely.

2 Likes

“yes they are the…” She stopped herself and tried to think out of Sangheili “plasma rifle, beam rifle, focus rifle, plasma turret, and the… The…” She had to force herself to say it “energy… Sword” she then spoke to Blake “we cannot really run for cover unless the prowler stops though can we?”

3 Likes

“That’s why I’m hoping the driver stops if there is something following us.” He said, still keeping focus around that area. “Just, if you see anything suspicious call it out.”

2 Likes

If we have Grenades, and I do. Then we could try to create an obstacle course with burning & possibly flying vehicles abanoned on the highway." Mariana said.

1 Like

“that is one possibility” Kyanna said to Mariana

1 Like

“If it means we can possibly break our potential persuers off than yeah do it, but not until we know for sure.”

1 Like

Samuel kept watch, “Nothing is moving… we are good for now…”

“Okay… that’s pretty cool. Are the carbine and fuel rod the only cartridge based weapon?” Leo asked as readied his carbine.

1 Like

“the carbine… Fuel rod…” She had to force herself to say all of it, having a slight stutter as she spoke every word “spiker… Mauler… Brute shot… And needler… Are all cartridge based…”

2 Likes

“■■■■, you really studdied your covenant weaponry didn’t you?” Blake asked her. “That’s some serious dedication.”

2 Likes

Leo nodded as he took mental notes. “Okay, thanks for telling me so much. You’re pretty knowledgeable on this stuff.” He said cheerfully. “Oh. Sorry if I am annoying you. It’s just the weapons have always fascinated me, I just haven’t been able to get my hands on more until today.” He added.

1 Like

“The only gun I like those aliens have is the carbine and Plasma Rifle.” Blake said. “So you have some good taste in weapons Leo.”

2 Likes