Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Kyanna quietly watched the others. "How would she have more experience than the elder? Or the other aged one?" Kyanna thought to herself “especially since this is only her second time doing this…”

4 Likes

Leo got into the pod and sighed.

3 Likes

Vanessa looked around her pod, a feeling of claustrophobia creeping over her as she considered breaking the hatch open and making a break for it, as unrealistic as that might have been.

You’ll be fine…just calm down…calm down…everything will be okay…

She continued struggling to calm herself to no avail, propping herself up against the walls of the pod to keep standing…

2 Likes

Butch smiled at Celosia before moving on to Sky.

“I read your file. I know you’re qualified for this. Make sure you know the others though. They are your brothers and sisters.” Butch said.

“But nothing’s going to happen to you?” Sky asked.

“Right on, kid.” Butch smiled, entering his pod. “Everybody ready?” He asked.

2 Likes

Kyanna only nodded

2 Likes

“Yes sir!” Alex replied.

Vanessa didn’t even hear Butch, continuing with her near-mental breakdown.

1 Like

Mariana quickly checked her silenced SMG and Silenced pistol. “Yes sir.” She said, deciding she was ready for this drop.

2 Likes

The twins and Leo all nodded.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn nodded as Blake responded. “Ja.”

2 Likes

“Hey, um… I’ve got your back.” Sky said to Vanessa as their pods began to lock themselves.

“Five… Four… Three… Two…” Butch said. Sky didn’t hear the last number, no one did as they dropped through the clouds. Through their screens, they could see Mombasa was in flames beneath a Covenant carrier.

3 Likes

“Oh my god…covenant really did a number on the city.” Blake stated looking at the burning city, as he fell.

2 Likes

Kyanna admired the look of the burning city in a way. All her life much like everyone she grew up with, she was taught for war. The burning city below looked beautiful to her.

2 Likes

As the pods slowly descended past Regret’s Carrier. Mariana polarized her visor. Readying herself for whatever they faced on the ground. “But at least that covie ship isn’t trying to pick us off with plasma bolts.” She thought.

1 Like

Leo looked at everything. “I wonder if I can find myself an energy sword…” he said outloud.

1 Like

“Leo, you’re here?! I haven’t seen you since Miridem! How are you?” Sky asked.

“Sky, save that for later, please.” Butch ordered.

“Yes sir.” She replied, watching as the ship entered slipspace.

“Brace yourselves!” Butch shouted as the energy shockwave hit them.

2 Likes

Blake and Kaitlynn pod shook. “God ■■■■, the hell is going on down there?” She asked.

“War Kaitlynn, that is the sounds of both war and survival.”

2 Likes

Kyanna watched as pods slammed into each other, almost all the ODST pods went off course because of the slipspace rupture.

3 Likes

Mariana’s pod was no exception. It was thrown off course by the carrier entering slipspace, then her pod plowed through the upper wall and ground floor of a bar and grill. Before the sudden halt inside the bar and grill’s underground storeroom.

Mariana composed herself as quickly as possible. Before blowing the hatch on her pod, and walking towards the stairs to the ground floor, through a puddle of beer from the kegs, bottles, and cans that her droppod obliterated.

1 Like

“F*cking hell! We’re going off course!” Blake shouted, trying to Hold on while getting knocked around. Damaging his comms. He landed in the streets on his side as Kaitlynn crashed into the streets far away from her brother.

2 Likes

Another pod slammed into Kyanna’s, she was sent towards the buildings. She slammed into the roof of a sky scraper and went through three floors before she finally stopped, she opened her pod and grabbed her assault rifle, taking in her surroundings. Cubicles lined the entire floor of this office building. Kyanna activated her night vision and began to search around to see if her area was safe.

3 Likes