Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

She cleared her throat “yes… Indeed… On my last team… Our squad leader made it a requirement to study the covenant…” She lied “so much so that… We could… Speak a few words… In Sangheili…” That might be over doing it but it will have to work as a cover for now she thought to herself

2 Likes

Kaitlynn became confused. “How did you study their language then?”

1 Like

“with the help of AI’s we were able to translate what was said… Afterwards we memorized them and were able to fight the covenant easier, since we were able to understand a few words”

2 Likes

“That’s actually pretty cool. Does that mean you also know about the vehicles?” Leo asked as he looked around the area. “I’m still hoping to find an energy sword…” he said to himself quietly.

“Talk about weapons or vehicles Leo doesn’t know about and you’ll make him the happiest person ever.” Samuel said.

2 Likes

“Leo, you ever studied older weapons?” Blake asked

2 Likes

“Human stuff ya… I can fix practically everything.” Leo said a bit confidently.

2 Likes

“I am well knowledged on vehicles as well, but now may not be the time”

2 Likes

“Gotta have a little love for the classics.” Blake chuckled.

2 Likes

“I know I know… if we make it out of here do you mind telling me about them?” Leo asked Kyanna. “And ya… old weapons are pretty nice.” He answered Blake.

1 Like

“Hey Leo, if you don’t mind me asking. Why do you wanna study them?”

2 Likes

“yes once we are out of here I can tell you”

2 Likes

“Why I want to study Covenant stuff?” Leo asked Blake. “Sweet, that would awesome.” He answered to Kyanna.

1 Like

“You plan on attempting to build a few things from covenant tech?”

1 Like

Kyanna had a slight smile under her helmet, she pulled out her energy sword for no particular reason other than to look at it, she looked at the hilt in her hand, seeing a small engraving in Sangheili on it… She kept thinking about her past and almost fell off the prowler again but caught herself once more

2 Likes

Kaitlynn watched. “Alright, you might need to hang on to something Kyanna, before you actually fall off.”

1 Like

Mariana tuned out the conversations they were having. Keeping an eye out for any signs of Covenant forces as they all traveled down the highway on one vehicle.

1 Like

“perhaps I do” she said with a giggle

1 Like

“I’ll try and stop you from doing that next time, and emphasis on try, I don’t have the fastest reflexes.” She giggled as well

1 Like

“thank you” she said as she looked at the hilt more

1 Like

“How long you had that thing?” She asked her looking at it as well

1 Like