Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

She cleared her throat “since my last mission… When my old squad was killed” she lied

1 Like

“Do you think I could hold it?” Leo asked Kyanna. “Oh and I want to be able to fix almost anything in combat.” He answered Blake.

2 Likes

hold it!? He asked to hold my sword? The very thought!.. Calm down… These are humans… “Umm… Yes…” She slowly handed Leo the hilt

3 Likes

Leo carefully took the hilt. “I push this to activate it, right?” He asked.

1 Like

“no… It is right there…Next to the engraving”

2 Likes

“Would you mind if activated it?” Leo asked as he looked at the engraving.

1 Like

Kyanna stopped herself from yelling at Leo “go right ahead”

3 Likes

Leo nodded and activated the blade. He stared at it in fascination.

1 Like

Kyanna smiled under her helmet “so beautiful… But so deadly”

3 Likes

“Every plasma weapon ever. They do look beautiful, but can leave some very nasty scars, if you live through them.” Blake said

2 Likes

“indeed”

1 Like

“Ya… it is…” Leo said as he continued to stare at it. He closed the blade and looked at the engraving. “Does this mean anything?”

1 Like

Kyanna had a moment of thought before she answered “it is a name… Of the warrior who this sword belongs to”

2 Likes

“Oh that’s gotta be pissing the elite off in the afterlife, not only did it get its ■■■ kicked by an ODST, but now the ODST is using it.” He quietly laughed.

1 Like

“I would not doubt it” Kyanna said awkwardly giggling

1 Like

“I kinda want to learn about the covenant now…” Leo said as he handed the blade back to Kyanna. “Thank you for letting me see it…”

1 Like

“you are welcome…” She put the hilt away and smiled

2 Likes

“How long have we been driving?” Blake asked

1 Like

“A while…” Samuel said. “Nothing has tried to… wait up there is movement… the street next to that store.” He said.

Leo held his carbine and prepared to fire.

1 Like

Blake took aim with the turret.

1 Like