Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

The two Grunts Catina was following, got a lucky break when they turned a corner that she was not going to follow. So she snuck right past them.

Her route took her through some living quarters, While she was passing through with her shotgun at the ready. When she caught sight of a servant carrying a stack of robes, that blocked her vision. “Stop” Catina said out loud, before the servant girl walked into her. The servant froze, lowered the stack of clean robes she was carrying, then dropped them and ran into a nearby room, where Catina noticed her, and three other servants huddled at the far end of the quarters.

Catina kept an eye on them and kept her shotgun ready as she passed. Only stopping to crouch, and take a folded up robe that was on top of the pile the servant had dropped. Catina kept her eye on the room as she stuffed the robe into her patrol case. The servants slowly peeked out the door as Catina kept walking, but still watching them, until shortly after they all ran off down the corridor, in the opposite direction.

2 Likes

A wave of infantry swarmed into the hangar.

A sword wielding elite charged Leo. He retaliated by swinging his shield at it and staggering it. He followed up by firing his SMG at it.

2 Likes

“Oh shush, you adorable zealot you. When it boils down to it, you do act a lot like children. But it’s okay, I think it’s cute. But like, Ana’s cuter… And maybe Cabby is a bit more than you but less than Ana. Also, I dunno about Catina… She’s ONI and is way too aware of sh*t I can’t deal with right now. And I’m a little hurt… You don’t trust me?” Sky asked

1 Like

Nos began listing things off, with each new thing his voice raised slightly and his tone harshened"for one i am not a zealot! Rank is but a meaningless title that does not convey any actual skill, two no I do not trust any of you, I wish most of your kind would die, though some are exceptions, three I have known and worked with Catina for years. Five I am not cute, and six I work alone! I have always worked alone! But it seems your organization is too unintelligent to grasp that! So rather letting me do my job they have put me on this team! So if you require any stealth" he moved closer to her “then let me do my job”

3 Likes

“Better hope those two hurry up. Before the whole ■■■■ ship swarms our ■■■.” Blake said.

“Even I have to agree with the human…we can not expect to take on a whole ship!” Atan said

2 Likes

“we will run out of ammo before we even come close to killing most of the crew” Kyanna said as she killed an elite

2 Likes

“Then there is very little time.” Atan said reloading his carbine his ammo dwindling. As Blake and Kaitlynn were suffering the same fate.

2 Likes

“I would rather not see you die dishonorably, so I’m following you. If I didn’t follow you I’d feel guilty. In human culture it is unjust to send a member of your team to accomplish something alone. And I’d like to get to know you, Nos. I can tell you right now, ONI, the UNSC, it’d like to see your head mounted on a pike. Catina is not someone I’m about to trust like I can trust you… So how about this. You trust me to be here, and I trust your judgement of Catina, okay?” Sky asked.

Grace’s eyes widened at Kyanna’s comment, fearful as she cowered behind Blake.

1 Like

“Grace, please help us out here. We need every person we can.” Blake asked her reloading his assault rifle.

1 Like

Nos clicked his mandibles and sighed seeing there would be no hope to sway her “fine… But if you get caught I am leaving you for dead”

2 Likes

“I’m scared, Blake…” Grace said. “I don’t want to die…”

“I promise I will not let that happen, Nos.” Sky said as they reached the bridge. “Are you ready?”

1 Like

“Grace! You won’t die! I got your six, Baby please.”
He begged her throwing a frag grenade.

2 Likes

“I suppose” Nos said as he remained cloaked

Kyanna and kiana tag teamed a hunter that entered the room, and then both dodged the other one

2 Likes

Leo killed the elite he clashed with. A hunter fired at him, his shield took the blow and he retaliated by firing his cannon its neck and detonating it.

“Ma’am, I’ll need your assistance. You have a turret on the nose of your pelican.” Hermes said.
Ana ran into the pelican and took control of the turret. Hermes turned the pelican slowly and put into a stationary hover.
Ana mowed down anything that walked through the main hangar doors. “I’ve got this one covered! You guys cover the rest.”

2 Likes

Cabis had found cover and was firing at the enemy with his plasma rifle

2 Likes

Grace broke down and hugged Blake for support.

Sky opened the door and walked in.

The huge ugly single horned Elite waited for them in some kind of excuse for armor.

1 Like

Leygall remained hidden as sky entered

2 Likes

“I watched you enter. Where is your dear friend Nos?” Rhak scanned the room.

“End of the line.” Sky said. “It’s over for you.”

1 Like

Alright, we’re gonna need to work on that. Blake thought as he ran out of ammo for his assault rifle. “Grace, let me see your gun.”

2 Likes

Now moved slowly away from sky, and through the bridge, making his way to the communications

Kiana killed a grunt and reloaded her shotgun behind a crate

2 Likes