Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

They finally arrived and Ana was rushed to a bed. Sky sat beside her, holding her hand. “Babe… Babe please…” Sky begged, crying.

1 Like

“We’re here.” Cat said as she placed Ana on the bed, then stepped back to give the doctors and nurses some space.

1 Like

Ana’s grip was weak on Sky’s hand.

2 Likes

“Ana… Ana… Tell me something… Let me hear your sweet voice… One last time…” Sky cried.

1 Like

Cabis looked up at Kyanna and slowly looked back at Styx. Cabis uncharacteristically kindly picked up the corpse “unfortunately the dead cannot speak” Cabis said saddened his voice damaged and his breath weak. He looked to Sordid then slowly looked back to Kyanna hate burning in his eye “i should have never agreed to work with or under an infior creature like humanity” Cabis said anger burning in his words as he looked back down to Styx “now what” he managed his voice becoming weaker “we you all finish the job” Cabis said looking around then his eye rested on Kyanna “if i a undisciplined youngling then what is Sky. Our leader is foolish and idiotic” Cabis’ eye glared from his helmet “someone had to fix that”

Sordid looked at Kyanna his hand over the bullet wounds on his belly “the only sangheili that would be shamed by Cabis are the ones who still insist on sticking to a broken sense of honor”

Archeron shot a look at Sordid and hesitated “honor is important”

“It is worthless. And as our leader says nothing but another limitation on the Sangheili” Sordid snapped back at Archeron

4 Likes

Ana slowly woke up and with her little strength, squeezed Sky’s hand to show she was still there.

2 Likes

Sky cried as she squeezed back. “Please stay with me…” Sky begged.

1 Like

“I was fixing that! Do you not remember I was raised by your kind you jrashta! I have been telling her she is doing nothing but offending you! Yet it appears you allowed your judgement to be clouded… Killing you is not my choice to make… But if your fate was my choice… Your name and rank would be stripped… You do not deserve being spared dishonor by being welcomed into deaths embrace”

3 Likes

“He who chooses only the easy route, deserves only failure” Terramus says struggling to his feet. “Honour, is important”

2 Likes

Ana kept holding Sky’s hand.

2 Likes

Sky kept crying as the doctors worked on Ana.

1 Like

Mariana sent Butch a com. “Do you have any idea what is going on? I distinctly heard a sniper rifle and an explosion all the way over here on the bridge.”

1 Like

“You cannot strip a rank from a dead empire and you cannot will not take my name. Death foes not embrace people it takes them” Cabis looked from Styx to Kyanna “it drags them away”

“You play pretend because you watched your former masters talking” Sordid said “nothing but a parrot that thinks its smart”

2 Likes

“Silence, I grow tired of your half baked insults.” he wipes blood off his forehead, “You have caused enough carnage, there are enough personel on this ship to kill a mere 5 sangheili, so go in peace”

2 Likes

“death is inevitable… Something everything in existence must one day face… You should honor the death of your fallen brothers and grow stronger in their names, dwelling on your past will leave you broken… But accept that the past cannot be changed, and you will be strengthened”

2 Likes

Butch nodded. “Everything’s fine, my love. I have it under control.” Butch said. He entered with sixteen LR soldiers, both Sangheili and human.

“Cabis Vul, you are under arrest for the murder of LR personnel. Stand down at once or we will detain you with force.” He said.

1 Like

Leo sighed in relief when Butch walked in.

1 Like

The words hit Cabis like bullets and the parts of his face that were visible through his helmet showed a mixture of hate, confusion and sadness. He slowly turned to butch

Cabis silently handed Styx to Sordid and mumbled something under his breath and looked to Butch. He silently removed his helmet, dropped his sword hilt and his plasma rifle to the group. He looked down Butch a sad expression on his face as he held his hands out, his left being covered in burns

5 Likes

Butch took him into custody as gently as he could. He put an arm on his shoulder and led him to his cell as his comrades followed.

Sky still clung to Ana.

1 Like

“She’ll be okay…” Sarah said to Sky.

2 Likes