Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“It’s a blind wolf/reptile mix.”

3 Likes

Butch gave him scrap metal from Reach

1 Like

The random jackwagon Condor exited slipspace. “Maybe Beth will be there in person, or she will have left us a recorded message.”

Beth’s, Letty’s, and Catina’s secret base. A habitable moon close to the wild lands.
Hidden on a remote and heavily avoided planet who’s dominate lifeforms are Delgato’s, is a crashed and forgotten UNSC Charon Class light frigate, The Memphis.
The rear hangar is suspended well above the ground, allowing it to be opened without Degatos having easy access to the ship’s interior, and is easily accessible by Catina’s Condor.

While the ventral hangar of The Memphis has remained closed. And in case of vistors, there are warning signs not to open the hangar and especially not to lower the elevator to the ground, and risk the Delgatos boarding the ship. Plus for emphasis, there is a still image taken from the ship’s security cameras, that shows a dead Elite laying face down, while the Alpha of a Delgato pack is tearing flesh from his neck.
As Catina inside the hideout. The landing bay is revealed to house a Gungoose armed with duel machine guns, A Scopion MBT, a two wheel motorcycle, A wrecked Phantom that had the dismembered body of a Grunt pilot along with the carcass of a Delgato that could not exit the Phantom, and three operational Covenant Jamming devices that would serve to kill any coms within the vicinity of this hideout.

Years ago Catina found this ship, on one of her blind jumps to evade some vengeful Kig-Yar serving her most recent assassination target. A Kig Yar Pirate named Zhaz Tem, who was growing too ambitious and bold in his activities, and Catina was ordered to kill him. So she did. But to do so, she required the help of a former Human slave turned Kig-Yar Pirate, who also sought revenge on her former crew and their new Captain, Catina’s assigned target, Zhaz Tem.

It was after her and Beth’s mulitple random jumps to evade the rest of the Pirates, that she had Letty memorize the coordinates to this moon while Catina descended to the ship. Where they had found the dismembered and decomposed remains of nearly the entire bridge crew, including one Captain Wellington, and some Covies outside the bridge who were ambushed by Delgatos.

As shown by security camera footage, most of the crew and some covenant invaders had perished on board this ship before and after it crash landed here, with the Captain and bridge crew still alive and trying to hold off a Covenant squad consisting of two Elites, some Grunts, and two Jackals. All of whom were attacked, killed, and eaten by a pack of Delgatos that had entered the ship, and had slaughtered both groups fighting for control of the bridge. Plus footage of a Delgato walking underneath a Phantom, and being pulled aboard because the Grunt pilot left the Gravity Lift running.

These same wild animals had also made burying the bridge crew’s and covenant’s remains in a makeship cemetary nearby a real challenge.

And the Delgatos serve as some extra protection against anyone snooping around outside the ship. Who Catina would most likely deny access to, even if she were present to know that someone was banging on an outside wall of the ship, begging to be let in while the Delgatos had them cornered.

For as long as they had this ship, Beth and Catina had been buying, stealing, and scavenging parts from less fortunate Frigates, to get The Memphis fully operational again. And it is one of Catina’s and Beth’s long term plans to bring some Huragoks on board and speed up repairing this ship, so it can take off from this planet, and be hidden elsewhere. Possibly move around from hiding spot to hiding spot.

“Hello! Is my roommate here?!” Catina called out in the hangar.

1 Like

A human teenage girl entered the hangar, holding a yellow carbine, she aimed cautiously u til she saw it was cat and sighed with relief “where have you been? You were gone longer than usual this time” she said. She wore what looked to be a modified jackal armor, and had short blonde hair and brown eyes

2 Likes

“First the usual, doing ONI’s dirtywork, and it was time consuming at that. But then I had found a different group that could and are allowing me to no longer be an ONI stooge. And I had to stop here to pack a few belongings and take them with me.” Catina told Beth.

"Unless you have something better to do. Would you like to go on a road trip and meet them too? Catina asked her as she got on her Motorcycle, kick started it, and rode it through the halls to her room, to pack a few things.

1 Like

Beth shrugged having nothing better to do as she had no luck finding a line of work in quite a while, packed her things into the condor

2 Likes

Catina packed her belongings, clothes, lots of ammo, her Wine bottle collection and wine rack. And her motorcycle. After some zipping around to create a new bank account, and waste between one and two million credits on some partying and wreckless shenanigans,. They eventually made it back to Titanus and The Short Straw.

Another short time skip that Catina rode her motorcycle right off the Condor, and into her room where she parked it. Then a slower, more paranoid trip that she moved her wine rack, and her wine bottles that were hidden in a shipping crate.

1 Like

Beth looked curiously around the new ship ship “been a while since I worked with humans…”

2 Likes

“It might be more interesting than only seeing me from time to time. Or doing whatever you do while cooped up on that ship, usually with those pack hunters outside as the only company.” Catina told Beth. “And that reminds me. One of the people here has one of those animals as a pet. So don’t freak out if you see it, possibly wearing it’s armor plating.”

1 Like

Cat and Beth arrived to watch Cabis’ dumb as heck ship blow up

2 Likes

“Oh yeah. His little stunt had gotten on their bad side.” Catina said. “And they did something about it.”

1 Like

Ana sat in a wheel chair next to Sky.

Leo kept looking at the ship blow up.

2 Likes

“it will be nice having more company… Most of my contacts Haven’t needed me in a while… Also who pulled a stunt?”

2 Likes

“Oh. It was a Sangheili named Cabis. He attempted a mutiny, and as punishment, they just blew up his personal ship.” Catina explained to Beth. “Care to meet some of these people? They are right over there.”

1 Like

“hah, that had to hurt the four jaws’ ego” she said as she saw the group… “Sure… Maybe meeting some new people would be good” she said heading over to the group. She was short, shorter than Kyanna, and way younger than anyone else on the team.

“What’s going on here?” She asked to announce her presence “seems like missed something good”

2 Likes

“You missed a jackass get what he deserved.” Blake said. Before giving her a double look. “Wait…how old are you?”

2 Likes

“why does that matter?” She asked slightly annoyed as Kiana and kyanna turned

2 Likes

“I mean…you look like a teenager. And your wearing covenant armor.”

2 Likes

She was old enough to be a Human in charge of a Kig-Yar Pirate crew. Then do some freelance work after striking out on her own." Catina told Blake. “Plus help me kill the new captain who successfully mutinied against her.”

1 Like

“well I wasn’t the leader… Just first mate”

2 Likes