Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Sky turned around. “Aren’t you a little young to be here?” Sky asked, leaning down to her height.

1 Like

“again what does age have to do with anything?”

2 Likes

Blake agreed with Sky for once , who would have f*cking thought that?

3 Likes

“I guess you might have to prove you can fight, despite your age.” Catina told Beth.

1 Like

“another reason I don’t work with humans much” Beth said annoyed

“It is odd how you wear Kig-Yar armor” Kyanna said

“It was a gift from my Shipmistress”

2 Likes

“Oh my gosh its another mini kyanna!” Sky thought. “It matters a lot, kid. In human culture, one doesn’t fight until they are 18 years of age.” Sky explained.

2 Likes

“Or prove they can fight.” Blake said.

2 Likes

“well guess I would have been better off trying my other employer’s again then since I’m 16”

“16 and yet you are a mercenary? Odd”

“Didn’t have much choice, Kig-Yar stole me as a kid”

2 Likes

“Well, Kid I’ve seen people fight when their 17. I’m sure the LR would make an exception.” Blake said

2 Likes

“Uhh… Cat, she’s just a baby…” Sky said.

1 Like

“So what would you propose?” Catina asked. “Just send her away on her own?”

1 Like

Beth looked completely offended

2 Likes

“No… We cant do that… She should just stay close… I’d die if something happened to a kid on my watch…” Sky said.

1 Like

“I’ll add she might be in better company than she was growing up a Kig-Yar slave, then as one of the Pirates.” Catina also remembered they both have a Rain of Oblivion.

“And I have been meaning to ask. Where can ammo for a Rain of Oblivion be found? Beth has had one forever. And shortly before I met all of you, I killed a Storm Covenant Ultra, and took his.”

1 Like

“I have a supplier that brings me mine whenever I need it” Beth answered “and i later ended up becoming one of the pirates anyways” she said shrugging

2 Likes

“I suppose your supplier would welcome another customer.” Catina said.

1 Like

“probably” Beth said

[So now we have two people on this team raised by aliens… Great] Kiana said which made Beth look at her confused because she didn’t know sign language

“Was that some complex insult she just did or what?”

3 Likes

Sky hugged Beth.

“She was commenting on you being a second Human to be raised by a different species than Humans. But that could be a turn for the better.” Catina said as a thinly veiled insult to Humanity.

2 Likes

“help” Beth mouthed silently to Catina

2 Likes