Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Leo’s pod slammed into a building. It skidded till it crashed throughed the wall. It stopped when half of the pod was over the edge. “No no no no!”
The pod tipped and barreled down. It slammed down on the door keeping him trapped. “Help! Someone!” He yelled in comms.

Sarah and Samuel landed far away from Leo. Both were fine.

3 Likes

Kaitlynn opened her pod and jumped out of the pod as fast as she could grabbing her DMR and SMG. She double checked to see if her DMR had a round in its chamber as she ran towards a concrete barrier, and checked her surroundings finally opening a comm. “Attention this is ODST trooper Kaitlynn Karmyn. Is any one out there? I don’t know where I am, but I’m near the town square. Can anyone hear me?” She asked through the comms ready to hold her ground.

2 Likes

(I was originally gonna do that to Kyanna lol, but thought against it)

Kyanna heard Leo’s comm first and decided to respond “where are you at?” She asked

3 Likes

Gregs pod slammed its way into a convenience store

3 Likes

“Um… I can see a little bit of a building… it looks tall…” Leo said as he tried to look through what little visibility he had.

3 Likes

Mariana carefully climbed the stairs, and opened the door behind the bar. Finding empty and smashed bottles that had been stocked in the bar.

“Brutes and Jackals had a field day here.” She thought to herself.

“Luckily they didn’t find the storeroom. Or else I might have literally crashed their party.” She also thought as she activated her Visr. Seeing red shapes off in the distance. Covenant patrols that were out looking for drop pods no doubt.

2 Likes

"okay I gotta get high then" Kyanna thought to herself as she found a stair case and began climbing up to the buildings roof, she looked around on other buildings tops until she eventually saw Leo’s “I think I found you… Three buildings down…”

3 Likes

Blake slowly awoke from his crash as he tried to focus his eyesight, feeling around to find the eject button on his pod. It took him a few minutes but he finally found it. Pushing the button as he fell out onto the street. He used whatever strength he could muster at the moment to pick himself up and grab his assault rifle and Sniper. He rubbed his helmet, and groaned.

“Okay…that’s the.” He stopped for a second to think of all the times he crashed in his pod. “5th worse crash I’ve ever been in.” He said looking around turning on his night vision he had crashed in front of the hospital and tried to communicate with someone only to discover his comms were broken.

“Oh…Gott verdammt verdammt, wirklich? Dieser Absturz nie Verstand gerade bis zu 3rd gestoßen.” He growled on both anger and annoyance, from the luck he had already gotten. He began to wonder if he should stay here and hold out, or move around the city and try and find people. He finally made his decision, as he rolled his shoulder and headed out into the dark city alone.

(God fcking dmmit, really? Never mind this crash got bumped up to 3rd.)

2 Likes

“Oh okay! Um… I guess I’ll wait, not much else I can do.” Leo sighed.

Sarah and Samuel bickered as they hid inside a bank.

3 Likes

Kaitlynn heard the bickering even if it was really quiet and looked around. “Hello?” She called out

3 Likes

“What!” Samuel yelled from inside.

3 Likes

“You guys ODST? Also no need to be an *ss.” She said, slightly annoyed that the response she got was a bit hateful

2 Likes

“Sorry… just my sis got me angry.” Samuel sighed.
“Ya we are ODSTs, it’s safe.” Sarah said.

3 Likes

“Good, guess I don’t have to go looking then.” She looked around and ran over to their spot, joining them in the bank. “Names Kaitlynn…you?”

2 Likes

“I mean you could just tip your pod over and fall the rest of the way to the ground… It would get you out of your pod faster than me having to go 150 stories down then 150 stories up after I move through the streets” Kyanna said to Leo as she started her descent

3 Likes

“Oh… I can do that?” Leo said as he tried to tip it over.

“I’m Samuel.”
“And I’m Sarah!”

3 Likes

“Good, alright you two had any contact with anyone other than me? Or are your comms broken?”

3 Likes

“We haven’t really tried.” Samuel said.

3 Likes

“Might wanna try, because I don’t think we’re close to anyone.”

3 Likes

“Okay, I will.” Samuel responded.

Leo tipped over his pod and climbed out.

3 Likes