Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Sky picked up Ana as they descended into the slums of Fiirgard.

Deep in the slums of Fiirgard there was a bar. Inside this dim and smokey hole in the wall, sat three cloaked figures. They sat in a tattered booth, at a deeply scarred table, draped in heavy black cloth. Their forms where hidden, and their voices where hushed. They felt the city shake, pausing briefly, before returning to their conversation.

2 Likes

Catina marched with the other members of Fireteam Daylight. Except for holding her left hand over the hole in her armor on her right side.

1 Like

Kiana, Sarah, and Grace were getting closer to Daylight. Kiana lost her balance for a moment as the earth shook, she didn’t know exactly what but she assumed it was plasma bombardment from brute ships or wraiths. The ceiling collapsed, separating her from Sarah and Grace again in the maze of the city slums, her helmet had fallen off and was in the rubble. Kiana got back up and coughed a little from inhaling dust, she rubbed her eyes and looked to the pile of rubble great… now what? Kiana thought as she heard the howl of a brute echo in the halls behind her and she quickly turned around, loading her shotgun with the last of the ammo she had oh f#ck…

2 Likes

Terramus struck the ground, knocking brutes back from the force of his impact, his comrades came down beside him. Terramus raises his hammer and brings it down on another brute, crushing it’s head. He roars, as one grabs his arm, and bites him. Terramus drops his hammer, grabs the brute and rips it limb from limb.

1 Like

As most of Daylight was on the first level now, far from fighting, Sky marched slowly. “There’s a lot of disturbing things down here… Unexplained disappearances… Briefly mentioned in the third day of briefing.” Sky said.

Grace heard a crash not far off, and trembled.

1 Like

“That’s it?” Blake asked. “That’s nothing really.”

2 Likes

“Ok. I will accept my fate if some unaugmented criminals grab me, and carry me into a van.” Catina said.

Then she not-so-dismissively started looking around for Aries. “Aries. Can you report in? Where are you? Over” Catina said in another private com

1 Like

“It’s like she forgets we’re Spartans.” Kaitlynn told her

2 Likes

“Some of us” Jess says, cradling her rifle

1 Like

“And I wonder if anything in these slums can match the unruly wildlife in The Wildlands, or on Gahlogali?” Catina asked Kaitlynn. And she went out of her way to walk up and scratch the side of Jager’s neck.

1 Like

“You’ll be fine, just stay with the fireteam.” Blake told her, readying his rifle.

@RedLynx23
“If it’s anything like I grew up in…it’s gonna be a mix of both.” She responded

2 Likes

“You keep acting like you’re my girlfriend.” Aries groaned beside her.

“Don’t get mad that I decided to warn you, d*mn…” Sky grumbled.

1 Like

“I got a little overzealous wondering where you were after that Scarab broke thought the wall didn’t I?” Catina asked Aries. “Especially after this wound, that two ribs and a lung were visible. And…I could also use some help take my mind off the fact that it f*cking hurts?” Catina also asked Aries.

1 Like

As Leygall ran through the halls he threw a spider charge and collapsed the ceiling behind him, killing the brutes who were chasing him and giving him time to assess his injuries.

Beth was horribly out of breath as she tried to follow close behind the rest of daylight

Kiana wandered through the halls, trying her best to navigate the maze of tunnels that was the lower levels of the city, unable to communicate with her team… A brute knocked her to the ground with a surprise punch and she quickly turned while on her back, it was a brute war chieftain, he was horribly scarred and missing an eye, along with some teeth. he growled as he tried to swing his hammer down, Kiana used her jetpack to dodge and took a shot with her shotgun. The brute grabbed her ankle and violently yanked her towards him, smashing her jetpack and throwing her to the ground. It lifted her into the air by the neck with a sick smile “i remember you” It growled in a satisfied tone. Kiana pressed her shotgun to his gut and fired, making him drop her. Kiana tried to back up but the brute quickly recovered and swept his hammer underneath her legs and knocked her down once again. It stepped on her chest and ripped her metal arm off with ease “my dinner won’t run away from me this time” It chuckled. Kiana tried desperately to do anything when she remembered her trauma kit, she reached down and pulled out a syringe, stabbing the brute’s unprotected foot. It howled in pain and stepped off of her, letting her grab her shotgun again and quickly pump it before it charged at her, she shot at it but missed as it slammed her into a wall. She rolled before it could grab her and pumped the shotgun again. She went to fire but the only thing the shotgun did was click as it was empty. She improvised and as she dodged it’s next attempt at grappling her she smashed the shotgun against its head, which bent the shotgun and disorientated the brute. Kiana used all of her strength and adrenaline to pick up the hammer and use it’s gravity system to push the brute against a wall, keeping it trapped there. She pulled her DMR off of her back and unloaded her entire magazine into the brutes face. It roared and eventually slumped over dead… Kiana collapsed to the ground and caught her breath i remember you too… f#ck you… she thought as she stood up, completely out of ammo now. She picked up the hammer and moved as fast as she could his friends are definitely close… i need to get out of here

3 Likes

“Could we at least talk about a social and environmental experiment?” Catina asked both Kaitlynn and Blake. 'Releasing at least one D’tiraak Nightstalker in your home city on Luna? Which if I am not mistaken, never even has a daytime?"

1 Like

“You even dare to ever bring that thing to my home, I’ll f*cking kill you.” Blake warned, his tone dropping to a hateful and threating voice, he didn’t care if she was a III, he’d still find a way to put her down.

2 Likes

“Did one of those Brutes slap your sense of humor right out of you?” Catina asked. “Aside form that quip, right now I am barely looking past being killed by them, and an ultimate fate as ending up as space gorilla poop.”

2 Likes

“You’re asking to bring a plant that can r*pe and kill people to my home planet, what did you expect me to say?” Blake said as Kaitlynn looked at Catina then at not saying a word as she watched the twos conversation.

2 Likes

“I thought about a lot of things that I never went through with. First and foremost because an ONI Section Zero investigation is even less fun than getting a Nightstalker’s attention.” Catina said.

1 Like