Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Well my answer stands, no. And if you ever go ahead and do it anyway, I’ll turn those pig tails of yours into a tug of war rope for Jäger. And if you think I’m being an ■■■, just think, what if I asked to release a pack of Delgatos into your home city?”

2 Likes

“I would think I had just been triggered, and I am.” Catina said.

“But by that, I mean I remember being a scared crying girl saying she wanted to go home. And I was told the ONI safehouse I had just been taken to is my home! Now for the life of me, I doubt I could find that building again. But would ONI HQ in Sydney count? So to answer your question. I would not give a ■■■■ if you unleashed a pack of Delgatos, Nightstalkers, or even Nightstalker-Delgato Hybrids in “my home” aka ONI Headquarters. In fact, it would probably be an improvement over the ONI scum found in there.”

1 Like

“Well then, just because you a ■■■■ childhood doesn’t mean everyone did, mine wasn’t perfect, but it was good enough to make me happy. I’m sorry ONI ■■■■■■ you over, but it’s still my home.”

2 Likes

“Girls you’re both pretty now can we worry about the giant gorilla rhino things that can kill people by barely slapping them?” Beth said annoyed

2 Likes

“Fortunately I am way different from the covenant, and mass destruction of planets or even cities, falls outside my known activities.” Catina repleid to Blake.

“We are being lead somewhere to better deal with them.” Catina told Beth. “At least I think that is what you said. You might of said it would be impossible for me to shove my pigtails up your nose.” Catina said to tease Beth, and she playfully pushed Beth with her index, middle, and ring finger.

1 Like

Beth looked even more annoyed at Catina

2 Likes

“In all seriousness. Would you like to take a break from walking?” Catina asked Beth.

1 Like

Beth nodded as she tried to catch her breath from having to catch up with the spartans

2 Likes

“You are in charge of your own armored vehicle then.” Catina said before she picked Beth up, and sat her behind the back of Catina’s neck. Then Catina speed walked up to everyone else, and resumed her normal pace.

1 Like

Beth giggled as Catina carried her

Kiana wandered the halls alone in the dark until he bumped into Leygall, he instinctively went to attack her until he saw it was her “ah… are you separated fom the others as well?” Leygall asked and Kiana nodded “where is your helmet?” She shrugged unable to talk. “We must move” Leygall said as he clutched his chest and walked with Kiana "Sky… i have found… one of the others… she was separated from the group… where are you?

2 Likes

Sarah began shaking. “It’s okay.” Grace said, training her rifle on the shadows.

Sky kept walking. “Hey! Lock it down Cat, or I’ll unleash a fist into your home face.” She paused and addressed Leygall. “We’re on the first level of the city, hab block 337. Be safe, dearie.” Sky said.

1 Like

Catina just looked at Sky “You could punch me again. Question is will one punch from your little rat paws have a different result than just making me mad?”

Catina then sent Aries a private com and repeated her thoughts. “Yeah. She could punch me. But again, a single punch with one of her little rat paws would only pi*s me off. And would I just walk away from her this time?”

1 Like

“Lots of chatter on the air” One of the hooded figures said.

“A military response is only natural” one of the others answere.

The third one nodded.

2 Likes

“She said she wants to punch you right back.” Aries said. Sky frowned and kept going forward.

1 Like

Catina sent Aries another private com. “If we get through this and are back on The Short Straw. Then I will be sort of wearing my Sangheili Robe, and you will be giving me the back rub that I am owed for ratting me out.”

1 Like

“I beeeeet I woooon’t!” Aries sang.

They heard a loud clang nearby, and Sky stopped

1 Like

“Well as much as I can hope, I’ll just have to wait and see if you are like the two people I knew before I joined the LR, or if trying to get to know you is just a waste of time and kindness.” Catina said as she continued her private com with Aries. “Plus there is that free Wine from my stash.”

Catina’s M6D jumped into her left hand and she gripped it with both hands as she pointed it at the sound of the clang. Then she crouched, both to let Beth step down off of her, and to increase her accuracy with her Pistol.

1 Like

Acheron knelt down and readied his weapon

1 Like

Sarah wildly began to dig the pile of rubble in search of Kiana. She found her helmet after searching and held it tightly. [Lets go…] she signed to Grace.

Samuel readied his gun as he got to Daylight.

Leo kept looking at the night sky.

1 Like

“Why do you have to be unbearably mean all the time?” Aries asked. “Is it that time of month again?” Aries asked.

From the shadows, a human figure emerged, with an additional arm, and fingers jutting out and dully wiggling at random on his back. It let out a sickening, mucus filled shriek, and charged at them.

Grace hugged Sarah as a similar mutant approached, the scream bringing her back to the moment.

1 Like