1 Like

Leo took her hand. “Well, lead the way.”

2 Likes

Kyanna nodded and walked to the mess hall

“hah, keep up kitty” Beth said

2 Likes

Acheron fired his weapon

2 Likes

Ana fired at as many brutes as she could.

Samuel and Sarah both hit the same brutes simultaneously.

Leo looked around. “Well… it looks like the one back on the ship.”

2 Likes

“if you would prefer we could go hunting” Kyanna said

2 Likes

“I’ll let you decide.” Leo said.

2 Likes

“i am fine with either or… but this is much easier than hunting early in the morning”

2 Likes

Leo nodded, “Maybe we can hunt tomorrow.” He said as he went to get some food.

2 Likes

More Scarabs surfaced, but met the same fate as the first, almost hilariously piling up atop one another.

1 Like

“Maybe these Scarabs will even be salvageable, after doing away with the Brutes operating them.” Catina said to Nos over the coms.

1 Like

Spetz waited hours for the rest of daylight to arrive at the checkpoint/security gate he was on in level 2.
“I wonder where they are” Spetz sighed impatiently while hunched over resting on the wall of the gate.
“How about you just call it in?” Alice asked
“Comms are fuzzy right now. I don’t know if it’s the invasion or maybe interference between the levels of the city” Spetz replied grimly
A marine in a state of panic ran up to Spetz.
“Sir!, the Brutes have gathered up their forces and are making their way onto the second floor!”
“Sounds like this floor is lost then…” Spetz replied
“Sir, are you suggesting we abandon our posts?!” The marine said flabbergasted
“Um…I’m not sure…it’s not like I’m in command or anything…” Spetz starts to slowly distance himself from the marine but the marine grabs ahold and hugs him crying
“Please stay! We can’t fight the brutes on our own and your the only spartan we’ve seen so far! Help us hold this sector!” The marine said sobbing
Spetz easily grabbed him by his vest and placed him far away
“This isn’t my problem” Spetz said walking away.
Alice locked Spetz’s armor in place and he fell flat on his face
“Why! Is it jammed?” Spetz asked confused trying to move
“I’m not unlocking you until you promise to help” Alice said cheerfully
“What? Come on your gonna get us both killed Alice come on!” Spetz said as he tried to move around in his suit
“Didn’t you say you wanted to help people?” Alice said while putting her hand up to her chin as if she were thinking about it.
Spetz couldn’t say anything since he knew he had been beat
“Your right…I guess I’ll help…” Spetz said as Alice allowed him to stand up
“You can’t run from everything you know” Alice chimed in
“Sometimes you have to face stuff head on!”
“You know who you sound like right now right?” Spetz said demeaningly towards Alice
Alice put her right hand on her hip and and stared at him
“Don’t get me started” Alice replied in a sassy attitude.

3 Likes

“Hi there”

2 Likes

“Hmm?” Catina asked herself, as she had time to check Daylight’s dots on her HUD, and picked up Spetz’s on a level above them.

“Sky.” Catina said to her over the coms. “I was free to multitask while these Brutes bungle their dock invasion, and there is one ping that I am barely able to see on my HUD, on a level somewhere above us. Spetz I believe, as everyone else here in Daylight has made it to the docks.”

1 Like

“Who are you?” Bridget asked.

2 Likes

They chuckled, pushing the hood from their head. A worn face, piercing blue eyes, and long braided blonde hair.

“The name’s Lobster” He said. He glanced to his compaions “Those two are Santiago and Spanner.”

Santiago, who had started to poke at the mutant with a knife, and Spanner, who now held the helmet under their arm nodded as they where named.

2 Likes

“Bridget… F-fireteam, Gorgon.” Bridget said. “Or what once was…”

2 Likes

“UNSC?” Lobster asked, pulling away slightly.

2 Likes