Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Acheron got on the condor

2 Likes

“This isn’t over!” Spetz screamed from the top of his lungs as he could barely see through his helmet
“It is already over, you just don’t know it…let me show you” Drarsuus started to move towards Spetz when a brute suddenly intervenes
“YOU DARE INTERRUPT THIS BATTLE?” Drarsuus screamed as the Brute knelt down and held a hologram in his hand
“Drarsuus…it’s-its from the command…” the brute said.
Drarsuus glee-filled face immediately went sour upon hearing this news as he also knelt down along with the rest of the brutes
“Were you not supposed to conquer this…puny sector and move on the first floor…” the mysterious voice casually asked
“Yes…I was just about to kill-” Drarsuus replied before being interpreted
“We know Drarsuus…in fact we have been watching your…how should I put it?..shoddy craftsmanship for a while now” the voice replied coldly
“The Spartan is a good tactician-it was a tight squeeze for the brutes but we WILL-” Drarsuus was about to go on before being interrupted again
“No, you will not. You will go down to the first floor effective immediately and accompany the other leaders of the brute regimes as we conquer this city…is that understood?” The voice said calmly
“Yes…commander” Drarsuus said biting his teeth and sighing
The hologram ended as the rest of the brutes included Drarsuus slowly got up

2 Likes

“Spetz is still unaccounted for.” Catina said.

1 Like

Drarsuus looks at the rest of his group and stared down at the floor
“We will discuss these matters privately when we finish taking the city…is that understood?..” Drarsuus said looking up
All the brutes nod in agreement
“Good…now time for the assault on the first level!” Drarsuus screamed at his group until they started to leave to their vehicles
The marines thinking that the brutes are evacuating start to cheer in victory
Drarsuus turned back to Spetz who was in a fighting stance
“You may keep the sword Spartan…consider it a gift…they have spared you for now…but if we ever meet again I will grant you a warriors death!” Drarsuus said as he turned around and left feeling ashamed
Spetz collapsed back on the floor

2 Likes

Ana nodded. “So how do we get him?”

2 Likes

Beth and leygall crammed themselves into the condor, Kiana took a look at the burning city we were supposed to protect them… and now we’re just leaving them to die… she thought as she slowly climbed aboard and took a seat, a somewhat depressed look on her face, she radiated the feeling of wanting to be left alone in her seat

2 Likes

Sarah took a seat with Grace next to her.

2 Likes

“Swing the Condor around and get him.” Sky said.

1 Like

Ana nodded and took off. “Can someone find his location?”

2 Likes

Lobster, Santiago and Spanner entered the hangar, got aboard their ship, and flew out of the story forever.

1 Like

“This isn’t over.” Catina said out loud “With their losses, I doubt they could take a second planet from us. And we’ll have no choice but to better prepare for them when they try doing this again.”

2 Likes

Bridget stumbled into the ship

“I have it.” Sky said

1 Like

Ana nodded and headed to his location.

2 Likes

Sky grabbed Spetz awkwardly and brought him aboard

1 Like

“You sure some of us couldn’t have done that, and let you take a break?” Catina asked Sky.

“And may I ask what our next move is? Since we aren’t staying here, and need to get past the Brute fleet.” Catina also wondered, before sitting back and listening to some Jazz/Blues with the music player built into her helmet.

2 Likes

“You ready to punch through that fleet?” Santiago asked, as he stood by the cockpit.

“They couldn’t hit us, even if they saw us.” The pilot responded.

Spanner has begun working on what looked like an arm, several tools resting on the seat next to them.

Lobster sat with Bridget, Lucifer curled up in his lap, purring softly.

1 Like

Sky lay on the ground, panting with Spetz in her lap. “Take us to Paamo. Next planet, it was the primary retreat for the LR.”

Bridget leaned on Lobster, seeking comfort from anything. Days of crying had done that to her.

1 Like

“Better be medics there, You can’t keep going on with one leg.” Kaitlynn said taking her helmet off.

“What do we need to do at Paamo?” Blake asked her

2 Likes

“It’s a shame we didn’t run into any Brutes” Lobster mused, scratching the demon creature in his lap behind the ear.

1 Like

Ana nodded and started to slowly ascend as she closed the ramp. The moment she left the city she went into full throttle.

2 Likes