Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“That doesn’t exist kid. or else you wouldn’t see any guy on the ship ever.” She giggled. “But it’s strange though…I’m curious, about something now. How well trained is you’re pet?”

3 Likes

“d***” she sighs disappointed.

“Even If there was, I wouldn’t let you go, you caused quite a scene at that last one”

“That was mostly your fault” She snipes back “Oh her? she’s super well trained, watch!” She walks over to Artemis, and drags her away from Jäger. placing her in front of kaitlynn. “Artemis! Sit!” She reluctantly does, “Fetch” she says tossing a small ball. The Large Lizard just catches it in the air and begins to eat it. “We’re still working on that one” she explains to kaitlynn.

3 Likes

“So basics stuff, well then I’m curious. Jäger is trained to be more a killing machine, in fact he has a on and off swtich, but he only listens to my brother, but then again he did train him nonstop. Anyway back on track, I’m curious if she’ll copy his actions when his on switch is flipped.”

3 Likes

“I don’t know maybe” Kate shrugs, “So can we be friends? I feel like we should be friends our names are so close after all, right? It just makes sense, what’s this organization called? Does it have uniforms? Will we be taking shore leave anytime soon?”

2 Likes

Kaitlynn couldn’t help but giggle at Kate. “Okay calm down kid, and I’ll explain, but lets get you guys settled in first, considering you guys might not be staying for long.”

3 Likes

“Awww, that sucks why not? Is it because Jaime was rude to you? He can apologise, please apologise Jaime, I don’t wanna leave”

2 Likes

“It’s more how I thought you guys would leave anyway, but yeah an apology would be nice Jamie. No need to be an ■■■ to someone who bothered to give you guys a tour.”

2 Likes

Jaime is silent, he looks at Kate, “If you want to stay, I won’t stop you” he says briskly, “I’m going to find some food” he walks to the door then pauses, “And Kaitlynn, I’m sorry, if I offended you” he walks back to the mess hall.

“So, wanna shoot some stuff, or I could show you Artemis’ attack command, if you have a dummy”

2 Likes

“Oh I wasn’t offended, not really.” Kaitlynn said looking back to Kate seeing it was just the two. “So why do you wanna stay?”

3 Likes

“Well, you guys seem cool, and really nice now that everyone’s stopped pointing guns at each other”

2 Likes

“I suppose that can be a good point, but a lot of people aren’t close with each other within this fireteam. I mean a few are but not everyone.” She said looking down at Artemis. “I’m curious to see what he knows, we got a few dummies you can use.” Kaitlynn said.

2 Likes

“She” Kate corrects, “You keep saying it’s a he, but it’s she”

2 Likes

“Guess I’m used to the only animal on this ship being male. Alright, come follow me to the gym, and we’ll put her through a similar simulaton Jäger trains in, but we’ll keep it really simple.” She said

3 Likes

“ok, let’s go” she tries to pick up the animal, but she weighs close to what Jäger does, and way more than Kate.

2 Likes

“Jäger Let’s go bud.” Kaitlynn said whistling at him as he poked his head up and followed them.

“Wonder where my brother is…he knows how to use him better than I do.” She said, rubbing Jägers head as they reached the gym and open a door to large empty room with a large circle in the middle.

3 Likes

(wink)
Artemis immediately follows Jäger

Kate walks behind, exhausted by her brief exertion.

2 Likes

(Lol)

“Let Artemis go first. I wanna see what he can do.” She said holding Jäger back as he was used to always going in.

2 Likes

“Artemis, go!” Kate says bringing her to the middle of the room, “Now what?”

2 Likes

“I’m get a simulation up and running, show me what he can do, but stay out of the ring. Kaitlynn said walking over to a console.

3 Likes

kate walks out of the circle, but tells artemis to stay.

2 Likes