Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“I can never understand why women paint their nails”
Spetz mumbles to himself

2 Likes

Beth perked her head up, slightly hearing spetz “I’ve never understood why human woman do it either”

3 Likes

Sarah took out her grenade launcher and held it as if she were ready to fire.

2 Likes

“Me too.” Grace said because she’s awkward.

Sky and friends kept moving into the bowels of the station, coming upon a couple of Prowlers. “This could get us to our destination a lot faster.” She said.

“It is a shame that so many of us have committed this act.” Irzon said, looking at the hundreds of Brutes laying mutilated on the floor.

1 Like

“I think the bigger issue is that they glassed Helstretch.” Catina told Irzon. “This happened because these Jiralhanae clans had an alliance based on hatred, and wanting to destroy everything in their path. Humans have done that, often with the same end result as this.”

1 Like

“Rak Tann was never like this. We were brothers, united against any attacking Brute force.” Irzon said. Tul made chirping noises from atop Irzon.

1 Like

“Nor the LR, I hope.” Catina answered as she climbed aboard one of the Prowlers. “I consider the main goal to be freeing ourselves from The UNSC’s and ONI’s tyranny.”

1 Like

“Want to drive one?” Leo asked Kyanna.

Samuel climbed into one of the turrets.

[Stay behind us if we start getting shot at.] Sarah signed to Beth.

2 Likes

“Yeah, you’re just a kid, so I dont want you getting hurt.” Grace said.

Daylight began to drive the Prowlers deep into the station, when a colossal mech comprised of parts laying around smashed through a wall, Brutes clambering along the arms and beating the mech with their fists.

“I am Ossus, the Death Crusha!” He roared through the mech’s speakers.

“Faster!” Sky shouted as the mech charged for them, the buzz saws and arrays of blades swinging toward them.

2 Likes

“shut up girl, i’m not just a kid, i’ve got far more combat experience then you” Beth said to grace as she continued standing guard

2 Likes

Sarah slightly ‘laughed’, [I believe she’s serious. How many years of experience do you have?] she signed, she didn’t know Beth was unable understand sign language.

2 Likes

Beth wasn’t facing Sarah so she didn’t see her signing

2 Likes

Sarah heard movement outside the ship, abruptly a Brute grabbed her ankle and dragged her out. The Brute held her up by one leg. She attempted to kick its face but it only grinned and began to crush her ankle.

2 Likes

“god d*mmit” Beth said as she unloaded her rain of oblivion into the brutes head

2 Likes

The Brute dropped dead, but others began to run towards the ship.
Sarah limped her way back onto the ship.

2 Likes

Grace ran to get her. “Shut the doors!” She shouted

1 Like

Beth ran over to the pilot terminal and closed the doors “just shutting the doors won’t be stopping them, we need to get the lich out of here” Beth said “or else we’re all dead”

2 Likes

Sarah nodded. [We need to tell the others.]

2 Likes

“Well f*ck I just remembered.” Catina said. “The Colossi that we keep leaving on board The Short Straw!”

1 Like

“Does anyone want to shoot at that thing with me?” Samuel said as he fired the turret at the mech.

2 Likes