Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Spartan, can you pay attention to the briefing.” A marine said as he was carrying a box out of the room.

3 Likes

Spetz snapped out of it and began to focus and the meeting

2 Likes

“I wonder where Catina went.” Ana said to herself quietly.

“I forgot to say thank you for sticking around with me while I worked on my birthday.” Leo said to Kyanna.

2 Likes

“you are welcome… did you enjoy your gift?” Kyanna asked

2 Likes

Leo nodded. “I did.”

2 Likes

“That is good” Kyanna said

2 Likes

“Well Daylight, we are the judges, jury, and executioners. Let’s go.” Sky said, putting an arm around Ana.

1 Like

Jess puts her helmet on and seals it, muting herself from the rest of the squad.

2 Likes

“it is time to finally slay that slimy worm once and for all” Kyanna said, Nos gave a respectful “hmff” in agreement

2 Likes

The LR Far Point exited slipspace to see a world whos surface was dominated by a large storm.
“Get me readings on Cabis’ location” commander Alex shouted on the bridge.
“Single ends here, it could be the storm?”
A crew memembers yelled in reply.
Commander Alex was nodding as another bridge member started to yell
“We have a covenant CAS Assult Carrier on approach!”
Commander Alex nodded as a holographic display appeared in front of him “Get daylight down to the surface”
A figure was behind Alex “sir our pelicans wouldnt get past the storm”
Alex turned around to see sargent Jake.
“Use the pods” Alex said after a moment then turned to Jasper “brief daylight”.
Jasper nodded and walked off with Alex close behind.

As Jasper finished and Daylight stopped talking Alex stepped out wearing ODST gear “we will be dropping in ODST style Daylight, that planet has a huge storm dominating its sky. That storm would kill any pelicans we try to send, it seems very wild to say the least”
Alex directed daylight towards a room full of drop pods “pick your favourite get in” Alex said with a slight laugh as he climbed in one. And also elite pods were in the room.

(Post about ur pod experience if you want. Make sure to quote this)

A loud band was heard and Daylight felt a thump as the pods began to turn and the doors below them slid open.
The pods flew out of the Far Point under belly and became exposed to the battle taking place, Seraphs silently roared through the black of space and began to open fire on the dark star, violent plasma spat its was across the hull.
A group of short swords flew towards them to engage. And dominating the battle was the CAS that was continual bombarding the Far Point.

And that was all daylight saw as they entered orbit and the storm engulfed them.

The came crashing down through orbit lighting striking near the pods, rocking them further as they plummeted. The came sceaming past a ORS that was hidden in the storm and in a panic Alex redirected the groups pods as they finally broke through the storm and came to a flaming hult on the edge of a mountain range

3 Likes

Jess Grips her harness tightly, as she falls through the atmosphere, through her narrow field of vision, she see’s another pod close by, she wonders who’s inside it.

2 Likes

Leo cracked his back as he exited the pod. “I still hate doing that…”

Sarah’s pod got stuck and she was unable to call for help.

Samuel and Ana got out of there pods without any issues.

2 Likes

Catina’s thoughts about the files Ana and Hermes had sent her, regarding Captain Andrade and Ana herself, were quickly shoved to the back of her mind as she entered her drop pod. And she also caught a glimpse of Aries getting into her own pod as the door closed and Catina was launched from the Far Point shortly afterwards.

Catina erred on the side of caution and highlighted her waypoint on Daylight’s HUD’s as soon as they entered the storm. “It might be a good idea to let everyone know where we are.” Catina said over Daylight’s coms. “Our entrance might not be very graceful, or even as well coordinated as we would hope.”

Catina’s pod didn’t make a smooth landing. It landed further up the side of a mountain, and tumbled down the face, trapping her inside as it was lying face down when it stopped rolling. Catina had to place her hands and feet on either side of the pod, and rock it back & forth until she eventually got it to turn over on it’s side. And she tumbled out of it as the door blew off sideways. “Ugh. I’m free from my pod.” She informed Daylight by their coms.

2 Likes

(Far Point now)

1 Like

Kyanna happily climbed into her SOEIV, feeling like it had been far too long since she had dropped. She giggled as the drop pod door closed and she was sent down through the storm to the surface, she watched each of the pods carefully, knowing full well that anything could happen and that these things had a reputation for killing people upon landing, and that was if enemy banshees didn’t shoot them down, or weather anomalies struck them. Her pod violently crashed into the ground, burying itself as it landed within the loose earth. Half of the pod was under the ground trapping her within her pod. She pulled her energy sword off her hip and cut the top of the drop pod open so she could climb out, a few pieces of molten metal dripped onto her armor, and her fatigues, burning its way to the skin, she giggled feeling the sensation of the pain as she climbed out of the pod.

Beth nervously climbed into her pod, having never been in one before, she strapped herself in tightly and was totally unprepared for what came next. Her pod released and she was screaming the entire time in her pod as it fell, beginning to tear up. Her pod bounced as it hit the ground, and slid over towards the edge of a cliff. It rolled over a rock and wedged itself between the boulders near the edge. She climbed out frantically, happy to be on solid ground “never again” she said to herself “they don’t pay me enough to do that…”

Leygall climbed into his SOP, crossing his arms and standing in the uncomfortable coffin shaped pod. He kept himself calm as he watched his decent on the monitor from the inside, he navigated the pod past the others, and avoided the rocky terrain as best he could, the storm provided great amounts of difficulty for him. Eventually his pod hit the ground, which broke his shields upon impact. The door to the coffin shaped pod flew off and Leygall climbed out, Plasma Rifle in hand.

Kiana rocketed down through the storm, trying her best to not panic. this is just like when you were an ODST, calm down. She thought to herself as her pod crashed through a large mass of rock pillars, they impaled their way through the pod, barely missing her main body by milometers, while her cybernetic prosthetic was completely destroyed, and violently ripped itself off of her body upon impact. She kicked the pod door open, and used her Jetpack to navigate her way out of the formations and towards solid ground with the rest of the team.

4 Likes

Sky, Grace, Tirzon and Aries landed safely.

Kicking open the door, Sky looked for the others. “Sound off, Daylight.” Sky said.

1 Like

“Alive and kicking” Catina responded. “And my waypoint in highlighted. What is your present location?” She asked.

1 Like

“i’m never doing that again” Beth said

“arm got smashed in the landing, otherwise i’m fine” Kiana said as she landed safely on the ground by sky

“i am fine” Leygall said as he met up with the others

“could not have asked for a better landing” Kyanna said cheerfully, her outfit was still smoldering, and she had molten metal dripping down her as it was cooling.

2 Likes

“Oh okay… I see you all.” Sky said. “11, 12, 13…” Sky counted under her breath. “Sarah. Find her.” Sky said.

1 Like

Spetz could be heard vomiting in the background

2 Likes