Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Cabis slowly bent over and grabbed his sword hilt from the floor and walked over to Acherons body “it was time for you to learn your lesson” Cabis turned to look out the large window “it is time that you all learn your lesson”
Cabis looked to the camera display as it shifted to show him many of the different rooms in this structure, including the one he was in.
He looked out back towards the storm
“Open up your eyes and let yourself see this world from where i stand” Cabis said lifting up his left hand as he closed it into a fist of triumphant.
A hologram of Sordid appeared next to Cabis “the harvester is ready. And those you requested are waiting there” the hologram turned off.
Cabis smiled as a large round disk bellow him began to slowly decened “it is time to make myself mighty” he said with a laugh

Blood and armour was sent flying through the hall

The elite lept back and and used his blade to block hers

Blood soaked the floor

2 Likes

fruqo’t Leygall thought as he watched Cabis disappear “Humans, we have a problem, Acheron has fallen, and Cabis has a harvester” he said in the comms

Kyanna trapped her opponents blade and twisted as hard as she could, then deactivated her blade, and pressed the hilt to the elites chest before reactivating it again, killing it as the sword impaled them

2 Likes

Alex was ducked behind a shield with his pistol out “whats a harvester” he said in reply confused

The elite fell to the ground with a loud thump

Slowly some of the elites began to back away with nervous glances

2 Likes

“now is not the time to explain all of the details… to simplify… think of it as a much bigger, and much more powerful scarab” Leygall said

2 Likes

“Whats his plan?” Alex said only half expecting a reply.
The elites had gone “wait” Alex said standing up and looking around “where did they go?” Alex thought for a few seconds “Leygall can you use the camera system?”

2 Likes

“i do not know his plan” Leygall said as he moved to use the camera’s, looking for enemy positions “give me a moment”

2 Likes

One of the cameras showed a large amount of elites using what looked like a ship based gravity lift and the only other of note showed Cabis and a group of elites entering the entrance of the harvester. A scareb was also visible near the harvester, both had been modified

2 Likes

“a large group are gathered near what looks to be a ship gravity lift… the harvester is also backed up by a Scarab.” Leygall said as he gave the team the coordinates

2 Likes

“When we get the wounded fixed up then we’ll start to move, do what you can from there” Alex said

2 Likes

“understood” Leygall said

2 Likes

Leo picked up Kyanna’s Assault Rifle and handed it to her. “Good job.”

2 Likes

“So. Any ideas on how we will take on both a Harvester and a Scarab supporting it?” Catina asked everyone over their com channel.

1 Like

“We’ll find a way… i hope” Alex replied

2 Likes

“I still wonder what these neo-Covenant find interesting about this planet?” Catina thought to herself. “The Gods hid treasures on this planet mumbo-jumbo of theirs, I’m guessing.”

1 Like

“Well seems Cabis is gonna throw everything he can at us. So we better find a way fast.” Kaitlynn said, rushing over to Ana after the fighting was over to help her.

2 Likes

“Looking for something then!” Catina said as she took off down the hall, heading for the room with the security cameras.

“Aah hell. I have no idea where I am going.” She thought.

“Nos, where is that room with the cameras? We may need to find a better way to fight that Harvester and Scarab, or find a way to leave.” @RuthlessSkate94

1 Like

Sky arrived to Ana. “Stay calm.” She ordered.

1 Like

“I got hit badly…” Ana said to Kaitlynn.

2 Likes

“■■■■, where did you all get hit?” she asked, grabbing her trauma kit.

2 Likes

Ana lifted her hand off her upper arm and revealed a large wound from where she had been shot.

2 Likes