Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Meanwhile at an undisclosed UNSC place (for lack of creativity). All the tech heads were running from place to place, calling and informing officers. Something was wrong.

“There’s been a distress signal sent from Farius prime sir.” A female officer said after hurringly rushing to an opening door. A commander walked in surrounded by his fellow advisors equally trying to converse with him.
“All right enough!” The commander said as all the advisors backed away, he grabbed the paper and shook the female officers hand and took the pamphlet she gave to him.
“The names Chad, nice to meet you” Chad said as he firmly shook her hand and began to open the report he had been given

2 Likes

“But we don’t need to worry about that right now, do we?” Catina asked Aries. Then she started playing a song as she kept drinking, and singing along to the saxophone, badly.

1 Like

Sarah had left before kiana could respond, she rested her head against the rock, wanting to take a nap herself.

“Leo… could you talk with sky, or someone while Resa and i catch up?” Kyanna asked softly

Leygall kept watching daylight, it still felt odd seeing them all enjoy themselves instead of slaughter themselves. he clicked his mandibles happily. He walked over and looked at Spetz’s sand fortress, examining it for a few moments. it reminds me of sanghelios seeing it… like a small keep in the deserts of Qivro.

Beth sat down, starting to get tire of guarding. i should start socializing with someone else, other than Grace and Cat… that way i have multiple people i know i can talk to and trust… but who should i try talking to? four jaws? no he’d probably get offended the moment any humans talked to him… Blood hair? no… her mate would just be glued to her… i’d never be able to talk to one without talking to the other… cyborg? no she seems to be a bit of a hard #ss… d#mmit then who should i start talking to… definitely not sky, oh god no… i’ll have to find out later…

5 Likes

“Myra” the female officer replied as they started walking down the aisle of the command center.

“I’ve never even heard of Farius prime…where is it?” Chad replied, reading the details of the pamphlet.
“That’s the problem sir…no one has”
“No one?!” Chad exclaimed. thats impossible he thought.
“It’s remote, like really remote in the outer rim of space, apparently.” Myra said while drinking a cup of coffee she had “It’s got a decent population as well-there’s only one main city they have and the rest is farmlands”

“Sir” another person at a computer said
“What now…” Chad said beneath his breath he covered his face with his hands, he was stressed.
“We finally got a reply from ONI” The man stated
“The usual bs?” Chad asked.
“Yes sir” the man said as he typed a couple stuff on the computer as the memo came on screen
[We are not involved nor have been involved in this situation, please respond to the situation at hand with standard procedure.]
“Great, the usual ONI response… at least we know it’s not them at least, what could it be then…” Chad said as he looked through the report files in depth

4 Likes

Sarah looked up at Kaitlynn. [What…]
Samuel followed Kaitlynn.

Leo nodded and stood up, he sat underneath a tree.

2 Likes

“You okay?” She asked.

2 Likes

Sarah shook her head at her. [Grace is mad at me even though she promised she wouldn’t be mad.] she said sniffling.

2 Likes

“It’s okay, I’ve been down that road…a lot.” She said pulling her into a hug. “Things like these are gonna happen.”

2 Likes

Sarah hugged her tightly.
Samuel joined into the hug, “If Grace wants to talk to you later, don’t do it.” He said to her.
Sarah nodded.

2 Likes

Myra ran out of coffe to drink and was sad, she had stayed up the night before. “could be the covenant faction by Jul Mdomo…or maybe a replica from the brute attacks we’ve been receiving lately…maybe even that rebel faction we’ve been hearing reports about”

“Do we have any satellites in the area?” Chad asked to the intelligence officers at the computers
“No sir, none in the area” a female responded.
Chad sighed heavily “only way is to send a ship to go see I guess…and our forces are stretched thin…It’s gonna be hard to find o-“ Chad was interrupted by Myra.
“One step ahead of you sir…I think I’ve found our match…”
Myra cued a dude at a computer to show the ship hologram so everyone can see

2 Likes

“Just don’t worry about it, give it some time.” She told Sarah. Feeling bad for her, not for getting her feelings hurt, but getting caught up in drama that shouldn’t have happened.

1 Like

Sarah nodded at Kaitlynn and yawned softly before falling asleep as she hugged her.
“Sometimes I wonder if my sister has actually grown up…” Samuel said as he picked up Sarah and took her to where ever they were staying. He put her in bed and covered her up and left.

2 Likes

“Oh wow this is an old one…” Myra said under her breath loud enough for Chad to hear
“What is it?”
A hologram of a marathon heavy cruiser appeared on screen.
“That’s…actually reasonable…” Chad said smiling finally a stroke of good luck he thought. “Contact that ships captain at once Myra”
“Already on it it” she said an pulled up a live video feed with the captain

2 Likes

Aries giggled throughout the whole song, mostly due to Catina’s lovely vocals.

Sky walked out from Ana, and sat with Leo. “How’s it going with the lady?”

1 Like

“Everything is going great. How about you and Ana?” Leo asked.

2 Likes

“Captain Antilles reporting, what’s the situation” said a man with raggedy hair and unkept beard.

“There’s a distress signal we need you to check out, see what’s up then report back to us.” Chad responded while sending in the co-ordinates.
“Any other intel” Antilles said half asleep
“No-but you are authorized to use force if it is required, good luck Antilles”
Antilles received the co-ordinates and another voice could be heard in the background “sir this if far”
“Lets see…” Antilles said as he read the paper

2 Likes

She didn’t say a word as she stayed in the water, enjoying the only moments she would have of peace.

2 Likes

Catina sighed in a good way when the song was done. “I don’t know about you but I neburped some more alcohol.”

Captain Andrade abruptly sent Jasper another com.

“Sir. Did you inform me of the attack on Farius Prime, and say they had sent an unencrypted distress call out to anyone?” Mariana asked. “So we should be ready for just anyone to show up there and complicate our investigation of the distress signal?”

1 Like

“Oh geez” Antilles stared at Chad “this will take a while to get to…” he put his hand on his forehead.

“It’s an order…captain and I’m sure we both don’t want to take this another step then it needs to be.” Chad thought. i have better things to do than worry about a distress signal, I have to take this chance, because if I don’t command would be breathing down my neck

“As you wish, Antilles out” replied Antilles. The video footage ended as Antilles grabbed his trusty bottle of vodka of which to him was half empty. The crews tensions relaxed as he finished the last of it “god speed, gentlemen if you would kindly wake me when we get there I’m going to the bar” Antilles left his commanding chair
And with this the ship named Phoenix slipspaced away.

2 Likes

Samuel came back and sat near Kaitlynn.

2 Likes