Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“You think Sarah ready for that kind of thing?” She asked him. “She still seems like a kid.”

2 Likes

“No… I don’t know…” Samuel said holding his head in his hands.

2 Likes

She looked at him confused. “You okay?”

2 Likes

“I don’t want her to get hurt…” Samuel answered.

2 Likes

“I know how you feel.” She said going to sit at his side. “But, you can’t protect them from everything, no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, you can’t give them an easy life pain free…all you can do is give them advice to try and avoid it.”

2 Likes

Samuel nodded. “I know…”

2 Likes

“Just don’t worry about it too much okay? Give her a little space.”

2 Likes

“I’ll trust you on this…” Samuel said.

2 Likes

“Don’t put too much trust, never know what could happen.” She told, going back to staring at the water.

2 Likes

“I know…” Samuel said with a sigh. He looked out at the water. “It’s really nice and peaceful…”

2 Likes

“Yeah…enjoy it while you can, because we’ll probably never see something like this again in a long time.”

2 Likes

Samuel nodded. “I really hope this isn’t the last time I get to see this.”

3 Likes

“Yeah.” Was her only response.

2 Likes

“What do you plan on doing after all this?” Samuel asked her.

2 Likes

“I have no idea…when I was in the UNSC, i had a plan, now I just don’t know anymore.” She paused for a second. “What about you?”

2 Likes

“I already told you.” He said with a chuckle. “Finding a quiet place to live and find a way to make a living.”

2 Likes

“I thought you’d be more detailed than that.” She said chuckling with him.

2 Likes

“There’s no reason in planning, I really don’t know where I’ll end up…” he answered.

2 Likes

“Still, always good to have a idea.”

2 Likes

“I guess.” He answered. “I’ve never even thought of if I want to have a family or not.”

2 Likes