Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Leo took a quick shower then got in bed. He looked up at the ceiling and sighed.

2 Likes

“Kyanna!” Sky flopped on to the woman’s bed and waited, kicking her legs behind her.

1 Like

In the cold emptiness of space, a cargo ship floated lifelessly. It was an old, prewar vessel built by a mining company. It was rough and utilitarian, but built to last. It seemed dead, little more than an abandoned wreck, but it received a distress call.

The silent vessel was filled with footsteps, as the handful of crew gathered in the bridge. Four humans, three engineers, two jackals, and a grunt. The captain, who, around his shoulders wore a rich dark red coat with golden trim, looked to his crew.

“The LR is in need of assistance.” He said, pausing for a moment a strange red creature climbed up his coat, resting on his shoulder “I know some of us have had troubles with them in the past, but the desperate tend to be highly profitable.”

One of the other humans nodded, and the grunt was bobbing up and down in excitement as they turned to look at one of the female crew members, waiting for her input.

1 Like

Kaitlynn stayed outside, watching the sunset.

2 Likes

“Just keep me away from them, please.” Bridget said. Her MJOLNIR had been improved further, so she was less recognizable as one of the LR Spartans. They were focused around speed, and being quick.

2 Likes

“Any other objections?” He asked.

The other human, who had been engrossed by a datapad, looked up and gave a thumbs up. One of the jackals rubbed his hands together, and the other cracked his knuckles, both with wicked looks on their faces. The grunt nodded vigorously. The engineers chirped softly, one in particular trying to comfort Bridget.

The human who had nodded earlier looked at the Captain, exasperatedly “Lobster, take the d*mn coat of”

The whole crew broke into laughter, as Lobster slapped him on the back.

1 Like

Bridget hugged the Engineer with a smile.

“what is it?” Kyanna said to sky as Resa left to find Leygall again

2 Likes

“Hey sir, I managed to pin point those coordinates from that jumbled mess you gave me… Do you want the location now?” Athena asked as Leo pulled out his data pad.
“No… I’ll need to talk to Kyanna to see if she would be okay with me traveling over there and then I’ll need to ask Jasper for permission… just hold onto it for now.” He answered.
“If you say so. How’s your day been?” She asked.
“Fine… over all.”
“That’s good to hear, well have a goodnight’s rest.” She answered before Leo put away the data pad.

2 Likes

“I wanted to ask you… How is everything with Leo? And, would you like some juice? I have some Minute Maid stuff, you know, one of the best friggin juices to ever be created.” Sky said, pouring a couple glasses.

2 Likes

"Catina was lying in the bed with Aries. “Are you sure we couldn’t go outside and watch the sunset? We’d be just as safe outside the building as we would be inside of it.” Catina said. “And considering the lack of privacy we have here anyway…”

1 Like

Kaitlynn put her head in her lap, listening to both the water brush over the sand, she looked up as she began to notice the night sky coming out, she watched as stars began to reveal themselves.

2 Likes

“everything with leo is well. Though he has seemed a bit too glued to me” she giggled “i still enjoy his company, but sometimes it seems the only time i get alone is when i am asleep…”

well looks like its gonna be night soon, maybe i could get a couple seeds from those plants? no that’s a stupid idea, i’m just going inside Beth thought as she headed indoors.

Leygall and Resa went indoors, Leygall was carrying Kiana, as she had been asleep outside.

2 Likes

Lobster approached Bridget.

“You can stay on the ship if you would like” He said.

1 Like

“Sleep, dear.” Aries said softly.

Sky passed her a glass. “R-really? He was always glued to his projects when I grew up with him… Lucky.” Sky chuckled.

“And let you go alone?” Bridget said a little too loudly, blushing and trying to look away.

1 Like

kyanna giggled a bit more “thank you for letting us relax today Sky, i was able to catch up with my sister”

beth walked in and claimed an empty bed, she didn’t talk to anyone and just laid down looking up at the ceiling.

2 Likes

“You’re welcome… I’m glad that Daylight is shaping up to be a pretty nice family. Except that Blake and Kaitlynn are very distant.” Sky sighed.

Grace laid with Beth. “Nice to see you, Autumn.”

1 Like

“well so is leygall, samuel, other me, and beth” kyanna said giggling

“hey grace” beth said

2 Likes

“I’ll still be surprised if I manage to sneak in, and sneak back out without that Fleetmaster in his ship right over our heads noticing.” Catina said as she rested her eyes.

1 Like

"Kiana and Beth are both not a problem and Leygall is like a brother to me at this point.

“Cat, stay.” Aries ordered.

1 Like