Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Samuel nodded and quickly left to get it.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn sat a table, waiting for Samuel.

2 Likes

Samuel came back soon after and game Kaitlynn the Data pad. He took a seat.

2 Likes

She took the data pad and typed a quick thank you to send to Jess, she put it away and pulled out the contents of the basket.

2 Likes

“So what are we eating?” Samuel asked her.

2 Likes

“Kyanna said it’s from an animal on her home planet.”

2 Likes

Samuel nodded. “Sounds good.” He answered.

2 Likes

“Yet we don’t even know what it is.” She said, pulling the meat from the basket. “Though it looks like she know how’s to cook.”

2 Likes

“It seems so.” Samuel said.

Ana turned the axe off and put it beside her bed. She then grabbed the will and ripped it up into extremely small pieces and tossed into the garbage.
“He’s no longer telling me what to do…” she said.
“I assume he wanted you to carry out a task out put for him.” Hermes said.
“Ya… but I’m not going to… it’s ruin my relationship with Sky if I tried it, and if I succeeded I would like be executed.” She answered.
“You’re not sharing what it was?” He asked.
“No.” She answered before laying down on bed.

2 Likes

She took a bite from the meat. “holy ■■■■, that’s good.” She said, taking other.

2 Likes

Samuel took a bite. “You’re right.” He said taking another.

2 Likes

“I can see why my brother always liked to go hunting.” She said.

2 Likes

“She thinks you’re with her too often… But, she’s okay with that. She loves you, Leo.” Sky said. She looked at Ana on the other side of her room. “Practicing for our alone time together?” Sky chuckled.

“Yes, please wash up.” Aries said

“In the mess hall.” Catina said. “I will just drink something and wash it right back into my stomach. I was more careful than that drunk covie who puked onto my visor.”

After heading straight to the Mess Hall with Aries right on her heels, and getting her food. Catina took out her Data Pad and sent Captain Andrade a message. “Are you free to spend time together in the Mess Hall, while we are slipspacing to Farius Prime?”

On the bridge, Mariana heard the alert on her own Data Pad, and read it.“I will be leaving the bridge while we are in Slipspace. Alert me if a situation arises, or if we get close to our destination before I return.”

“Yes Ma’am.” Her acting second in command replied. And Mariana left without asking Jasper for permission, as he was still sitting pretty in his hot tub, and would probably not want to be disturbed without a better reason than that.

Mariana made her way to the Mess Hall and went right over to Catina at her table. “Is something wrong that you wanted to talk to me?” Mariana asked as she sat down.

“No Mamae.” Catina replied. “I just wanted to take the opportunity to spend time with you, while your ship has little to do other than travel through slipspace. And talk to you a bit more meaningfully, than informing you I had only been taken prisoner, then had been freed, and would also like to request a weapons drop.” Catina said. "Or that Data Pad message I had sent you.

Mariana replied to that statement by Hugging Catina, then slapping her upper arm, after Mariana had been reminded of Catina’s attempt at mooching. “Are you sober right now?” Mariana asked, in a Latina mother sort of way.

“Hungover.” Catina replied. “I just wanted to talk to you, and inspired to do so by how half the team including me had been unintentionally captured, and a Sangheili General I had known and fought alongside went on a mission with us…and she didn’t come back. Giving me a sobering reminder that it can and does happen in our line of work. Her loss makes it the fifth time someone I had known and fought alongside for quite awhile fell in battle.” Catina said, and looked glum, while she sat there, thinking about all three members of her team that she trained and grew up alongside, Letty, and Vailynna.

“And since we are here now though,” Catina said, trying not to dwell on that, and suck the joy out of spending time with her Mom." And to have good manners, I have some really strong Margarita in this container, if you’d want to try some." Catina said, holding up the large thermos, to offer her Mom a drink.

“Mmm!” Mariana said as she put up her hand. “No thank you I am still working right now.” Mariana said. Preferring to stay far away from alcohol, especially Margarita’s that have alcohol meant to get Sangheili drunk.

Catina chuckled. “Alright. It hadn’t gone unnoticed that after we reunited, that we are a Military family. And aside from all the training. Should I point out that when Fireteam Daylight stayed in that Sangheili base overnight, most of us were told to take to some bunks. While the Captain got a room all to herself…” Catina told her Mom. “She seems to try using her rank to get perks like that, but at the cost of some respect by her teammates, some of us anyway. Including me. In your long Military career, have you ever met someone with a high rank, who tried to live like royalty?” Catina asked Mariana,

“Sim.” Mariana said. “An Admiral who hung out in a hot tub, while his bridge crew worked their ■■■■■ off.” Mariana told Catina. “Try to let such things be a lesson & reminder not to act like the Captain does, The team should come first, especially in favor of being given a fancy room or a hot tub. We’re supposed to be Soldiers, not Pop Stars & Celebrities.” Mariana said, hoping to at least get a smirk from Catina, as well as help keep her grounded, unlike Daylight’s Captain and Admiral Jasper.

Then Mariana took a quick glance over at Aries, sitting on the other side of Catina. “Dela. Who is she, a friend of yours?” Mariana asked. And before Catina could answer, Mariana leaned over and began talking to Aries. “Hi. Are you friends with Catina?” Marina asked. “Captain Andrade” She said, offering to shake Aries hand.

4 Likes

Leo smiled and laid down in bed. “Thanks Sky.” He messaged back.

Ana rolled her eyes at Sky. “How are you?”

Samuel nodded. “What are you going to do after you eat?”

2 Likes

“I was gonna get my armor off, then relax for a bit.”

2 Likes

“I’m more than her friend…” Aries said, shaking her hand with a smile.

“Anytime, bro.” Sky messaged back.

“Fantastic.” Sky said to Ana.

1 Like

“That’d be a good idea.” Samuel answered.

“Have you had dinner yet?” Ana asked Sky.

2 Likes

“What about you?”

2 Likes

Mariana paused for a second. Then composed herself. “What is your name?” Mariana asked, and smiled at Aries. “And well, you & her is news to me. But not the worst news I had been told regarding my Daughter, and I’m sure you won’t be the worst person Catina and me had ever mutually known.” Mariana had told Aries.

“Lord knows Catina’s AND Ana’s Father had set that bar pretty high. On this side of the family, he helped bring Catina into the world, and I never saw or heard from him again.”

1 Like