Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Kaitlynn saw her fall. “■■■■! KIANA! LEO! COVER ME!” She yelled jumping over her cover and rushing to Sky.

1 Like

“and what was it that i said after she left the pelican?” Kiana said as she watched for any more foes to reveal themselves.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn grabbed Sky and pulled her magnum out, dragging her back with one hand and readying her magnum with the other.

2 Likes

Catina took cover as well after Sky had been shot, aiming her M6D and looking around for the gunman who got Sky.

Now watch, the real Spartan Wasp will be the one who fired on Sky. Catina thought, as she expected to see even a tiny bit of Wasps’s blue primary, orange secondary armor peeking out from behind some cover…

OOC: True story:

1 Like

Kaitlynn pulled Sky to safety as they hid behind cover. “Nos, if you can hear me. Scout the place out. Everyone else. Stay behind until Nos gives us a report.” Kaitlynn ordered. Seeing no one else was attempting anything.

2 Likes

Comeon Catina. Stay in cover and swallow your f#cking anger. Catina thought to herself as she crouched behind one of the black metal barriers placed in the hallways of this cruiser. It’s a safe bet they see my “antenna” sticking up from behind this object. She also thought about the handle to her Corpsemaker, that was currently stuck to her back.

1 Like

“understood” Nos said as he moved in

2 Likes

“Alright. Everyone, what’s your current position, other than you Nos.”

2 Likes

“Camping behind this barrier.” Catina said. “It would seem I am safe from getting shot, but I cannot see any of them from here.”

1 Like

The Short Straw was visible in atmosphere, as it received a lethal barrage of missiles, while the MAC gun fired into the enemy vessel. Both plummeted toward a city.

Sky looked down at the ground in sadness. “Kaitlynn… I have a simple request.” Sky said. “You all can go, leave me behind.” Sky said. “I don’t want to slow you down.” She said, between pained gasps. “Get to the Short Straw… Save everyone you can…”

1 Like

Catina watched the Short Straw exchange fire with the enemy vessel, and both get shot down. “Nooo…” She whimpered, and she fought the instinct to turn and run as quickly as possible. Composing herself, she activated her bubbleshield and walked backwards with her M6D drawn, to the ladder.

She crouched and jumped as high as she could up the ladder and grabbed it, then scurried back onto the roof. Quite possibly to the relief of any UNSC Forces who just saw a hostile S-III suddenly retreat.

“Short Straw, come in, do you read me?!” Catina asked frantically over the coms, as she kept her eyes and gun trained on the opening to the roof she just climbed up from.

2 Likes

“Sky, much as I don’t agree with a lot of the ■■■■ you do, and how I think you could do better. You forget one thing about a military, we are brothers and sisters in arms. So the fact you think I’m gonna leave you behind, makes me laugh.” She said lifting Sky onto her shoulders. “EVERYONE CHANGE OF PLANS! WE ARE FALLING BACK TO THE SHORT STRAW!” She ordered over the comms, having to shout as the MAC cannon was too loud to the point she could barley hear herself. She turned around only to watch the Short Straw pluming. “No. No. No. NO! NO! ■■■■!” She screamed, falling to her knees still holding onto Sky.

2 Likes

“No… Leave me…” Sky said, trying to break free from her grip.

1 Like

“I’ll stay with her…” Ana said. “You guys move ahead. If anything happens I have the pelican to get to you guys.”

2 Likes

Kaitlynn looked back at Sky trying to break free. “Everyone! Watch for escape pods!” She said letting Sky into Ana care and looking into the Sky.

2 Likes

Santiago used the scope on his big 'ol gun to get a better look of the area.

“They have wounded, thar they seem to be leaving behind” He reported.

Dok rubbed his hands together.

1 Like

“Should I be on point, while everyone else keeps a fair amount of distance between us?” Catina asked, as she was mostly just in a hurry to get to the crash site or any escape pods that made it off The Short Straw.

1 Like

Sky held Ana tightly, with all her strength.

Butch tried his hardest to bring Mariana to safety as the ship crashed.

“Those are LR.” Bridget intoned.

1 Like

“We are gonna split up to grab more survivors within less time. Everyone regroup at my position ASAP and on the double.”

2 Likes

“They are who we are here to help” Lobster said, a hint of darkness in his words.

1 Like