Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Both of you knock it off, before I put you both 6ft under and force you to dig your way back up!” She snapped.

1 Like

“I wasn’t complaining about your orders though, ma’am?” Grace said.

A ghostly wail of a long dead comrade drifted through the group.

“Aries… ooooOOoo… you are a bit of a cow… ooooOOOOoooooo” A collective shudder was felt “You look cute Grace… oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo”

5 Likes

Catina quickly ended the private com with Aries and then turned towards Grace, clenched her fists, and sent Grace a private com… “If you mean Aries and me, then maybe stay out of a private com chat? And now’s a worse time than ever to try bullying us!!” Catina added, as she pointed in the direction of the city The Short Straw crashed into.

1 Like

“I don’t care who was, but any infighting is gonna end today, or else I’ll deal with it personally. And trust me, being in a bad mood is gonna be ■■■■ for everyone.”

1 Like

Aries hid behind Cat and Grace smiled beneath her helmet, feeling a few tears tug at her eyes. “Celosia… I… I am strong now.” Grace whispered under her breath so no one could hear.

1 Like

“I agree with Kaitlynn!” Catina said. “I just watched my Mom’s ship crash, and will stop anymore infighting by leaving someone face down on the ground while I sit on their head.” Catina added to Kaitlynn’s warning.

2 Likes

“Oh it’s gonna be worse than that.”

2 Likes

“Can I just say that I am totally fine with that?” Aries asked.

Grace’s mind still lingered on celosia.

1 Like

“Thank you for backing me Catina, I’ll let your team go find your mom when the others arrive.”

2 Likes

“And…what was that spooky voice?” Catina asked. “It sounded like a deceased member of this team, from some old ODST helmet cam footage. The overly agressive lady with a weapon gifted to her by some Brutes. I defy being comnpared to her, because I found my Corpsemaker, and earned the charger for it by shoving my pistol’s barrel into a Brute’s nostril after he started laughing at me.”

1 Like

“oooooooOoo” The ghost voice said “I earned that good and proper, through the power of spooooooooooooooooooooky friendship.”

3 Likes

“Okay, who put LSD in our food?” Kaitlynnn asked.

2 Likes

nos returned to the group and wondered if the humans were all high or something since they were talking to the air.

Kyanna, Kiana, and Beth met up with the others

2 Likes

“Good everyone’s here, Listen up. Each group is gonna be looking for as many survivors, but there are gonna be HVT You’ll need to be looking out for, Officers, Medics, anyone who could really help us out.” She looked at everyone.

“Catina, You’ll be leading Charlie with Aries, Sarah and Beth.”

“Kiana, you’ll be leading Bravo with Grace, Nos, and Leo.”

“I’ll be leading Alpha. Samuel,Kyanna, Jess you’re with me. Any questions? If not we’re going into the city. Once we enter the city, Charlie will go west, Bravo will go east, and Alpha will go North. Grab as many survivors are you can and meet back here within 2 hours.”

2 Likes

“understood” Kyanna and kiana said

“got it” beth said

“as you wish” leygall said

2 Likes

Grace hugged Beth. “Be safe, Autumn.” She said.

“Let’s go, beeyotch!” Aries shouted.

The Short Straw was actually far from the city, I forget which post I mentioned that.

1 Like

Kaitlynn shot Aries a look. “You’re a soldier, start acting like one. Daylight isn’t gonna be as laid back as it used to be.” She said coldly.

“Ana, stay safe. Contact either me,Kiana, or Catina. In case of any emergency.” She said. “Alright Daylight move out.” She said walking towards the front of the group and leading them to the city. “When you find survivors radio in.”

2 Likes

“That’s what anyone could say. It’d always stay the exact same.” Aries laughed. “Cat, let’s blow this joint.”

“Ana, hold me.” Sky said. “Don’t let go…” She whispered so only she could hear.

1 Like

“Alright, then guess who’s got a few chores to do later.” She smirked, showing she was planning to help change Daylight for the better.

2 Likes