Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“That’s actually a cause for concern.” Catina said. “There aren’t even any dead bodies around. Now I need you to act like we are on a planet that sent a distress call, and we ran into a rival Human faction who wounded Sky and shot down our base ship. Get your BR and be ready to use it.”

“You three, take cover in different areas while I go speak to the Engineers, and watch my back.” Catina told them. “And private coms only from now on.”

Catina moved towards the Engineers alone. “LR Spartan.” she said out loud to them while half in, half out of cover.

“Leygall, check the pod, we’ve got your back, everyone else find cover and keep out of sight, watch for an ambush.” Kiana said. Leygall silently crept forward, remaining cloaked as he examined the pod.

The engineers turn to face her with a experession of relief. “Thank god, we didn’t think anyone else would have survived the crash. AA was tearing pods apart.” One of the engineers said, he walked up towards Catina.

The pod was empty no doubt, a shoot out was obvious, but the question was, what had happened to its passengers.

Kaitlynn walked down a abanonded high way as she saw another escape pod. “Escape pod spotted.” She said marking it on Alpha teams hud. “Anyone volunteer to scout?” She asked

1 Like

“We had been sent ahead, and were already here when The Short Straw went down.” Catina said. Then she waved her hand forwards over her shoulder, to signal Sarah, Beth, and Aries to emerge from cover.

"What are you all planning?’ Catina asked the Engineer who walked towards her.

beth remained behind cover cautiously

“there is nothing… other than the sign of battle… the question is where are those who participated in it. there is blood, and casings from human weapons, but no bodies” Leygall said.

“understood, everyone keep an eye out, and keep your guard up” kiana said

“i volunteer” Kyanna said

1 Like

“As far as we know ma’am…just to find others and figure a plan out, we’re just engineers, but thank god above you guys showed up.” He told her.

“Alright Red, Guess your up.” She said motioning her head to let Kyanna move toward.

“You see that?” A UNSC marine asked quietly in one of the buildings watching Kiana’s team. “Rebels?” The other asked. “Yeah, Spartans too. Rather wait for back up to get here.” They whispered among each other, as one began to try and make radio contact with the other UNSC forces.

1 Like

leygall remained cloaked as he scouted throughout the area further

“leygall start checking buildings” Kiana said, without another word leygall began moving into the buildings in search of bodies, or survivors.

Kyanna crept ahead cautiously in case of an ambush

1 Like

“One second.” Catina told them before sending Kaitlynn a private com. “What is our next move? Find you, or move towards the Short Straw crash site?”

“■■■■ did you just see that?” The marine asked, focusing on the shimmer he just saw. “Elites.” He whispered, getting up.

“Where are you going?” The Marine asked confused.

“Did you not just see the ■■■■■■■ shimmer? We are leaving.” He said grabbing the marine from the collar and pulling him up. “We. Gotta. Go.”

“Keep going towards the short straw. Stop at any Drop pods you see.” Kaitlynn said. As Kyanna approached, gun fire erupted in the distance.

1 Like

“Should we call in Ana and Sky, to take their Pelican to the crash site ahead of us? They might be safer there than on top of that UNSC cruiser anyway.” Catina said to Kaitlynn.

“Alright, I have new orders.” Catina said to the Engineering team. “We are moving towards the crash site.”

Catina heard the distant gunfire, and quickly turned in that direction, merely hearing faint popping sounds, not the vicious snarl of gunfire close to them.

(Alright, none of this happened, because of confusing BS)

(ahem specifically from post 10,936 to this post is considered non canon because of confusion, and total destruction of the original idea of this arc.)

Okay so the distress call and any events concerning Farius Prime is non canon. Daylight is recalled to the Short Straw to make preparations to leave while Jasper oversees the LR presence on Gahlogali with Kay Nar Valium.

@calebmar12 will do his arc now

1 Like

Despite being ordered to go back to The Short Straw, Catina still made her presence known. She arranged for Kay Nar Valium to get a note, asking if he could request Catina…and Aries be stationed on Gahlogai with the LR already there.

Now to wait, and hope it goes through She thought as she arrived back at The Short Straw with the rest of Fireteam Daylight.

1 Like

Kaitlynn sat in her office, being bored as usual, she was doodling random stuff on a piece of a paper.

2 Likes

(does this mean kyanna has to give kaitlynn dinner again? lol or does that still count as canon?)

sadly kay was too busy, he currently needed to dedicate his entire time to defending gahlogali, after the recent attacks it had suffered, and since he was in charge of the only SOS ships currently at gahlogali he needed to keep a watchful eye without such distractions. As such, his crew never told him of the note.

1 Like

(I think that is canon)

“Home sweet home.” Catina said as she walked across the hangar.

“Let’s go see if they are serving breakfast in the Mess.” Catina said to Aries.

1 Like

over the ship intercom
“Fireteam daylight in about two hours I’m going to need all of you to report to the briefing room, I know you just got done with a mission but this is too important to wait. We’ll be entering slipspace within the hour” Captain Alex’s voice said a hint of excitement in his voice

2 Likes

“He sounds happy to send us on a mission in two hours?” Catina asked Aries as they walked down the hallway all alone. “If we were still on Gahlogali, I would introduce him to a neat aspect of Sangheili culture by literally ripping off his clothes and running away with them.”

1 Like