Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Sky dashed to Alex, carrying Ana.

1 Like

alright so two more hours of feeling useless. Kiana thought

"well i certainly know how to pass the time.* Kyanna thought, as she picked up her arum again and kept trying to solve it.

leygall headed back to his room after talking with sky

beth just stayed in her room, still thinking about who she should talk to.

3 Likes

Aries, Mariana, and Catina spent some quality time together in The Mess Deck. No different than before, except maybe for Catina deciding to not bother trying to see Kay Nar Valium again.

1 Like

Sarah was still in Kiana’s room. She was still sleeping.

Leo kept reading his data pad.

2 Likes

“Wow, another mission again? Hmmm, seems someone trying to keep Daylight really busy.” Kaitlynn said to herself

2 Likes

Sky decided to take Ana back to their room instead, and laid Ana down on the bed.

1 Like

“You okay?” Ana asked.

2 Likes

“No, I just need you right now.” Sky said, hugging her.

1 Like

i’ll let her sleep for now Kiana thought as she looked to the other side of the room, with a TV and a gaming console set up. man it’s been… how long since i played?.. almost a year… man i forgot about it… well, looks like i’ve got time to kill… she thought. She set an alarm for an hour and a half, then turned on the TV and started playing her game, she kept the TV muted so she wouldn’t wake Sarah up.

Leygall sat down, now having free time on his hands he began to clean his armor before this new mission was to begin, he did not want to be deployed while his armor remained covered in filth from his last mission.

2 Likes

“Just for something to talk about.” Catina said to Aries between mouthfuls of her mound of colo sausage and her coffee.

“Besides the day at the beach, what were your highlights from our time on Gahlogali? Mine were pretending to like that rogue Spartan and grabbing him by the throat, yelling at the covies to leave Gahlogali…right before Kay Nar Vaium’s ship opened fire on them on the beach, punching that drunk covie in the stomach and my visor being vomited on, and also throwing up outside the small building inside the SoS base”.

“Those plus being ensnared by a D’Tirrak while wearing my armor, but no helmet, are things that I would be picked on and laughed at, at one of Kay’s feasts. And they sure are building up.” Catina said.

“…But I did just remember something.” Catina abruptly told Aries. “When I told a covenant elite that I was a “same gender Human” as Sangheili would call me. Even the SoS members gave me some dirty looks. So I wonder if Kay, among other SoS just pretend I don’t exist now. But I’m just guessing, and wouldn’t want to instigate anything in case I’m wrong about them avoiding me for that reason. And the LR-SoS Alliance could start to fray over the not too far fetched idea that I may look like I’m about to punch Fleetmaster Valium, if I take anything he might say to me a little too personal.”

3 Likes

The clock ticked over and now it was the time Daylight was informed to arrive by.
Captain Alex stood behind a holo table with his arms crossed a sour expression on his face, clearly, the excitement from before had worn off.

1 Like

Kiana, Kyanna, Beth, and Leygall all arrived right on time, prepped and ready.

1 Like

Catina dragged Aries along to the armory, where she got her helmet and armor, now free from any Sangheili vomit.

Catina arrived in the briefing room in full armor, both Magnums, shotgun, Corpsemaker, and her patrol case stuffed with ammo. “A131 and her sidekick reporting.” Catina said as she walked in. “What are we in for on this mission?”

1 Like

Kaitlynn went and loaded up for the mission, coming to the debriefing room.

2 Likes

Sky arrived with Ana in her arms as usual.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn rolled her eyes at Sky.

3 Likes

“*Will my sister ever walk again?” Catina asked Ana by private com.

2 Likes

“I dunno…” Ana answered.
Leo and Samuel arrived.
Sarah tiredly leaned on Kiana.

2 Likes

Alex’s hands danced across the table a projection of a planet appeared “In a recent op conducted by me and my team we were able to retrieve data that seemed to hint something was on this snow-covered wasteland”
a holographic probe appeared next to the planet “Twelve hours later our probe had arrived and was quickly shoot down by something planetside. Whoever has whatever is down there, does not want anyone to find it”
Alex pushed the planet down and soon a rough map of the surface appeared “we know that some kind of structure is sitting right here” he said pointing to an unnatural pyramid-like building “we will be deploying Daylight by pelican here, my team will be coming with you” Alex continued pointing to a snow-covered ridgeline
“any questions?”

2 Likes

“I have one question.” Catina said. “Will our Pelican fare better than the probe you had sent to this planet?”

1 Like