Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“do we know what the probe was shot down with?” Kiana asked “such as plasma, a laser, or a projectile? so we can make a rough assumption of what to expect”

2 Likes

“what kind of data are we talking about? Sir.”

2 Likes

“because we have a small fleet heading for low orbit, hopefully, these weapons will be too focused on our ships” Alex replied to Catina before looking to Kiana

“We arent sure but considering part of the probe was active to get us a quick scan of the planet’s surface we suspect it was projectile” Alex said as the planet appeared on the table again “I’m putting my money on ONI”

“ship movements, couldn’t figure out what ships or whos ships. but there was some heavy back and forth here a while back and from what it looks like everything suddenly stopped”

2 Likes

“i’m betting the same” Kiana said as she then went silent.

2 Likes

“I think we all are.”

2 Likes

“Will we be using the modified pelican?” Ana asked.

2 Likes

It was inevitable I would see them again. Time to do what I must, and give them a subtle hint that I’ve broke free from their leash and won’t be wearing another. But expect them to be sneaky b#stards instead of facing me head on. Catina thought. And expect them to try making me as angry as they can, in the hopes I’ll make a mistake or two.

1 Like

“Make sure you have your gear together, we’ll be dropping out of slipspace faster then we expected” Alex said some what confused as he looked back down to the holotable

2 Likes

“All set sir.” Catina said, as she had lead Aries to the armory, and they got their weapons and armor ready before arriving inside the Briefing Room.

1 Like

a vortex tore itself open as the short straw exited slip space, several more ships followed behind it.
“Daylight we are heading for the hanger” Alex said as he pulled his ODST helmet tight around his head.
As Alex entered the hanger a team of ODSTs joined Daylight as they moved to the modified pelican “and in answer to your question Ana, we will be taking the pelican. Unless there is some issue?”

2 Likes

kiana, leygall, kyanna, and beth silently sat down in the pelican

2 Likes

Sarah, Samuel and Leo all sat down.
“No, just curious!” Ana said as she climbed into the seat and started getting ready for take off.

2 Likes

Just that it’s The Tart Cart III and my Pelican. Catina thought. And she glared in Hermes general direction underneath her helmet.

1 Like

Sky sat at the back, closest to the pilot seat. She locked gazes with Alex. “Nice to see you again.” She said.

1 Like

Kaitlynn sat in the Pelican, messing with her battle rifle.

2 Likes

Catina sent Aries a private com. “You’ve been a bit quiet since we left Gahlogali.”

1 Like

“Huh?!” Aries asked. “I don’t like Alex.” She said.

2 Likes

“That’s ok. I’m not him.” Catina told her. “But we should get ready to take on whoever is on that planet. Quite possibly ONI.”

1 Like

“uh huh” Alex said as he stood up and entered the cockpit,
his voice could be heard throughout the pelican as he told the pilot daylight was ready.
slowly the LR forces began to push towards the planet. As they got closer long-range weapons began to fire on the fleet and the pelican was deployed.
It rocketed towards the surface of the planet quickly trying to manoeuvre away from any AA weapons targeting systems

“THE RIDGE HASNT WORKED OUT. WERE ABOUT TO DEPLOY GET READY” Alex said as he walked towards the pelicans door

2 Likes

“Let’s say we start off with your BR, and I’ll have my Shotgun as the go to weapon. That would work wonders, especially if we have any enemy Spartans rushing us. You soften up their shields and when they get close and I’ll finish them with the fury of Buckshot.” Catina informed Aries over their private com channel.

1 Like