Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“I’m not sure if we’ll be able to stop to eat right now.” Catina said “We got a mentally unstable ex-covie who is somehow able to summon some Forerunner ships and plans to use them to do who knows what? He’ll start by trying to wipe out the LR, but I doubt he would stop there.”

1 Like

“no, Ana will have to disconnect herself… the machine will be done with Sky in a few minutes” Kyanna said as she began setting it up.

2 Likes

Leo nodded.
Ana looked at Sky and nodded. She disconnected the tubing from her.
“Sky will likely be recovering for 8 months or more…” Athena said.

2 Likes

“Sarah…what would you do if you could anything but be in the LR?”

2 Likes

“Yeah… You know, he could bring the unsc to a level playing field if he goes after them first.” Aries said.

1 Like

“Bring my brother back…” Sarah cried.

2 Likes

“I doubt he would though. His Malekgolo interrogated some of us to find out how they could attack the LR, and they threatened to kill you if I lied to them. Then, do you recall Cabis ordered everyone to be executed?” Catina told Aries. “Trust me, it would be a bad idea to try negotiating with him at all. Even those who serve under him, seem less than enthusiastic about it.”

1 Like

Kaitlynn pulled her into a hug and rubbed her arm. “I know you would. So would I.” She sighed, rubbing her arm. “I’ll get a proper memorial set up when we get back to the ship.”

3 Likes

Aries nodded. “This is how we negotiate with Cabis.” Aries patted her rifle.

FTC Dark Star II

The small vessel approached a debris field in the middle of seemingly nowhere.

“Highland Station, come in. This is Captain Tom 4728, requesting immediate repair upon arrival.” He said.

“Good timing, Tom. General Samantha Hunter wants to see you. Thought you were dead when you weren’t back by the end of the year.” A woman replied.

“Okay, I’ll be there soon, Highland Station.” Tom said, the ship coning upon an even larger asteroid, which contained a city.

2 Likes

“Exactly.” Catina replied. “We are first in line to stop this prophet of falsehood, who shouldn’t even be able to access this instillation, or the ships like the one we arrived here on.”

“And I guess that we should all meet with Nos, and see what he is planning with this Cruiser he took over, before we do anything else.” Catina said as she removed her helmet, allowing Aries to see her face.

1 Like

Aries removed her helmet as well. “Isn’t Alex in control now?” Aries asked.

“They’ve been busy.” Tom said as he looked at a growing fleet of ships amongst the debris. His First Lieutenant approached.

“Indeed… Prepare a Pelican, we have to meet her.” Tom said. He met Cassandra at the door to the bridge.

“Tom, you’re taking me with you.” Cassandra said. Tom nodded.

“Done.” Tom said “Come on.”

“Wait, you aren’t fighting it? That’s funny.” Cassandra said.

“It’s Highland Station, the one place without Covenant. It’s okay.” Tom said.

Tom, Andy, and Cassandra prepared to descend to the station by Pelican while the Dark Star drifted to drydock.

1 Like

The machine finished working on Sky and Kyanna opened it up “unless we were too late… sky should be alive” Kyanna said

2 Likes

Leo carefully pulled her out. He put her on the shield again.

Ana hooked herself up to Sky again.

2 Likes

Spetz stared at the Engineer, it had been a long time since he had seen one, especially this close. I wonder how smart that thing is…

2 Likes

“Ana, that is not necessary” Kyanna said

2 Likes

Kaitlynn stood up. “Come on Sarah, lets get back with Daylight. You don’t need to be all alone right now,”

2 Likes

“Of this ship? Maybe if Alex could literally throw Nos out of his new favorite chair.” Catina said and snickered. “And shall we go to the bridge to meet with the not-a-shipmaster?”

1 Like

Sarah shook her head.

“You sure? She still needs blood… right…” Ana said.

2 Likes

“the machine should have done everything” Kyanna said “and yes i agree, we should go to see Nos…”

“wait, where’s Sarah and Kaitlynn?” Kiana asked

2 Likes

Ana nodded and pulled out the needle. She held Sky’s hand and didn’t say anything.
Leo picked up Sky.
“Do you think she’s mad at you? She hasn’t really spoken to you since you came back, unless you count her telling you about Nos and leading you through the halls.” Athena said to Leo privately about Kyanna,
“I don’t know… I would rather not ask.” He responded to her as he muted himself.

2 Likes