Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

nos set a waypoint for the bathroom then tiredly left the room and headed for a bed.

2 Likes

“That will have to wait until this armor can be removed.” Catina said to herself. “Not too long obviously.”

1 Like

“How’s it coming along…” Leo asked the huragok.

2 Likes

the hurogok let out a whistling sound as it was unable to communicate with Leo.

2 Likes

Leo just nodded and didn’t say anything. He looked at the ground and sighed.

Ana sat down holding Sky’s hand. She took of Sky’s helmet and brushed her hair. “You’ll be okay… you’ll be okay…” she cried.

2 Likes

Kiana continued to hold Sarah “we should probably get some rest…” Kiana said “it’s been a rough day”

2 Likes

(personal timeskip)

Blake had returned from his daily appointment of physical therapy, it had only been three days since Daylight was labeled M.I.A. and most likely K.I.A. and it had left Blake with the feeling of isolation and pain again. He walked down the halls limping, to go to the bar, he couldn’t handle it he had to drink his problems away. It all seemed pointless now to even try and fix them. As he walked into the bar, he was greeted with the sounds of small chatter and such. Good, it’s not loud. He thought, walking over to the bar and sitting down. He looked at the bartender for a second, he about cracked a smile as he swore to he saw his father working, only for it to fade away into the air and have someone else take his spot, his smile faded as he stared at the man for a few second.

“Hey big guy, you gonna order something? Or just act like a creep?” He asked Blake.

Blake shook his head breaking his focus on the man. “Oh…yeah, a glass of whiskey.” He said turning to stare down at the bar top. He heard the glass be placed in front of him, and looked up to be met with a full glass of the hard liqour. “Here you go man…you look like ■■■■? What happened?” The Bartender asked him. Blake took a second to think and answered quietly not making eye contact. “I’m a sole survivor now.” Blake grabbed the drink and took a long hard sip.

Blake stared at the drink as he was left alone, he began to think back to everything that had happened since day one, the day he met Daylight, the day they raided the ONI base…even the day he found his beloved pet. It was all too much for him, the effects of war was beating down on him. The pain he felt all around his body was replaced with the pain of a broken heart. He could hear the echos of everyone in his mind, they all sounded like they were all with him.

Hey Blake, tell them that one story…Why our ODST squad called you Hot-Dog Kaitlynn voice said in a echo, only to be followed with the sounds of people becoming interested in his story, he couldn’t even bother to crack a smirk. He thought of how he earned that name, he thought of how he told them the story, only to be greeted with the haunting laughter of Daylight when they heard it only to fade out he could even hear Grace defending him.

That’s so mean… Her voice echoed

his lips quivered and a tear began to form, he wiped his face quickly and took another long hard sip. He made a fist with his robotic arm and looked at it, opening his palm and closing it again. “I can’t believe it…I actually ■■■■■■■ miss you guys.” He said, his lips quivering again. “I miss you all.” He turned around to look at the table where they all sat at, again hallucinations played as he saw every sit around the table laughing and enjoying life. It was taken from him now, and he had taken it for granted.

He turned around, and took another sip, it was the only thing keeping him from remembering the pain. but this Bar, it was causing too much, he only finished half his drink as he got out as fast as he could and made his way to the gym, only to be greeted with more haunted memories. He stood there, staring right at the day him and Kyanna spared for the first time. Only to see Kyanna walk off embarrassed. He turned around and left, trying to find somewhere he could be alone. He bumped into a few people, but no matter where he went. He was greeted with the haunting voices and laughter of that was once Daylight.

LEAVE ME ALONE! He screamed in his mind becoming more panicked as he rushed into his room, not caring if he had hurt his leg and slammed the door, turning and sliding down it only to be met by the final haunting memory of Jäger as a pup laying on his beg, raising his head to stare straight at Blake into his eyes. He finally had done it. He broke down and cried, digging his head into his lap and screaming in sadness, gripping is head tightly, as he cried loudly, slamming his head into the back of the wall, and crying again.

“WHY?! WHY KAITLYNN?! WHY SKY?! WHY JÄGER?! WHY THEM?!” He screamed at the top of his lungs, going back to into crying in his lap. War had once again broken him, this time…no one could help him, he was alone, forced to be left in a state for the time. For once, Blake wished he wasn’t a soldier, he had wished he never even thought about being a soldier, but it was too late. The deeds had been done, and now…he wondered if anything was worth carrying on for, everything was gone. The only memories left of Daylight was their belongings and the thoughts he carried of them.

Kaitlynn finished everything she could and yawned, leaving the food alone and going off to find a bed to sleep in. “1 day down…92 days to go.” She said.

3 Likes

Mariana was afforded some time off of The Short Straw’s bridge, and it was much needed after she had a hand in labeling Fireteam Daylight as M.I.A., even despite her suggestion that the LR Fleet call in extra ships from Rak Tann and return to the planet that Daylight had been deployed to, but ruling out the SoS ships she had also asked for at the time.

She had been in her quarters in full uniform, in case of an emergency. But for now, Mariana was just lying on her bed, thinking mostly about Catina, who she had ordered to get her armor on and deploy.

This is the worst I had felt about all the decisions I made about us. She thought. Being unable to raise you properly myself…joining the UNSC with the top priority of trying to keep you safe on Earth…and now sending you on this mission. And you disappeared with the rest of your team…

With that last thought, Mariana closed her eyes and felt some tears stream down her face. While she fought back even letting out so much as a sob, lest anyone close enough to the door to her quarters heard her.

Stifle it Captain She thought to herself. You still need to set an example for those under your command. She self lectured as she lay on her bed.

3 Likes

Sarah nodded. She climbed on Kiana’s back and rested her head on her shoulder.

2 Likes

Kiana found the barracks and laid sarah down in a bed.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn found the barracks and got into one of the beds, passing out.

2 Likes

Leo founds corner in the room and put his bag down as a pillow. He fell asleep.

Sarah didn’t say anything as Kiana put her down. She then looked at Grace and teared up.

Ana pushed Sky on the shield, she got to the barracks and lifted her onto a bed. She then got into a nearby one.

2 Likes

Kiana gently held Sarah “it’s gonna be uncomfortable sleeping in armor again… but i guess we’ll just have to deal with it for now…”

2 Likes

Catina spoke to Aries again, while they were both still on the bridge.

“Do you want to explore this ship?, since this is a rare occasion we’ll be on one of these cruisers without anyone waiting to kill us around every corner. There could be showers, or a similar area to wash this…white blood off my armor. And maybe we’ll find a nice room to live in that Nos hasn’t claimed yet.”

1 Like

Sarah nodded and hugged her. She cried softly.

2 Likes

“let it all out sarah” Kiana said as she pulled their helmets off and held her tighter

2 Likes

Sarah kept crying more and more. She didn’t let go.

2 Likes

“shhhh” Kiana said softly as she gently stroked her hair

2 Likes

Kaitlynn rolled over to look at the two. Kiana the only thing she’s really got right now.

2 Likes

Like always Sarah fell asleep as she hugged Kiana.

Ana sat on her bed and looked at Sky.

2 Likes