Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Blake was in his room as Kaitlynn walked in. “Guess Daylight didn’t really mind you were gone huh?” She commented.

“Yeah…it’s fine I guess, I don’t know them much anyway.” He said, finishing his cigarette. “Sure you made it sound like a big deal.”

“I did.” She admitted.

2 Likes

“Wh-What about Mary!” Sarah screamed in panic.

2 Likes

“Anyway where’s Joanna I forgot I need to-.” The two could then feel the ship move.

“What the?!” She then opened Daylights comm. “Guys What’s happening?”

Blake nearly fell out of his seat. “What’s happening?”

2 Likes

Scarlett didn’t fall out of her seat. This was because she was sitting on the ground.

2 Likes

“Don’t go to slipspace, Athena… Sarah, we’ll get her back into your custody. I’m not leaving Sky either. To my knowledge she should be here still… Leo, how are we gonna get in? Does this thing have shields? Do any of you have a map of the vessel? Where is Mary gonna be?” Tom askrd

1 Like

Blake and Kailtynn didn’t get a response and made their way to Tom as Kaitlynn walked in first. “Tom, what’s happening?” She asked him.

2 Likes

“We’ve been declared enemies of the LR and we have people aboard that vessel that we care about.” Tom said.

1 Like

“My step mom is in there too.” Ana said.

“I need a fast vessel to get in.” Leo said. “There’s a specific sequence that’ll let us in… it gives us a 3 minute window to get in there.” He said.

2 Likes

Kailtynn went silent. “Mary.” She whispered. “Grace! Sarah! Blake! Round up Daylight and have them lock and loaded. “Leo, we need to discuss a plan.” She said.

Blake nodded

2 Likes

“I’m authorizing a low level strike. I only have a handful of fighters… They will fight off enemy attempts to knock out our Pelican. Before this I will dispatch the Vulcans as terror troops to the ship. Andy!” Tom shouted.

“Aye sir!” The Spartan replied.

“You’re in control of the ship. Full speed ahead. Notify Eren to prepare our fighters for battle.” Tom shouted. As alarms blared, Cassandra arrived on the bridge.

“I’m not sitting this one out too, Tom-” Cassandra began angrily. Tom sighed.

“Fine. Get to one of the pods. Ambrose will brief you once you have orders… I love you.” Tom said. Cassandra was already walking away.

“Now, Miss Kaitlynn, back during the war, to compete with Covenant vessels, Foxtrot Command had developed SOEIVs coated in tungsten. Given the shielding, my Vulcans should land in roughly this area.” Tom said, Athena showing him a holographic projection of the ship. He pointed to six key areas around a hangar.

Grace ran to get Daylight.

1 Like

Blake ran with her.

“So what are you suggesting? We use this as a distraction?” She asked

2 Likes

“Covering fire for our Pelicans… We have a long distance to go to avoid missiles, and eventually point defense cannons.” Tom explained.

“sCARLETT COME ON OVER HERE WE HAVE SH*T TO DO!” Grace screamed down the hallway.

1 Like

Leo readied his weapons and pulled out his data pad.
Sarah ran around in circles in panic.
Ana readied her sniper.

2 Likes

Blake got the rest of Daylight and told them to ready up as he turns went to go find Joanna.

“Okay…but how do we get in? If we can distract them with while we slip in, they could get confused.” Kaitlynn said

2 Likes

Tom stopped Sarah with a hug. “Hey, we’re gonna save Mary, okay?” Tom said.

1 Like

Sarah nodded. “Thank you…” She said with fear. “I-is she gonna hurt me if she sees you hugging me… she really scares me…” she said about Cassandra.

“Leo, can you contact whatever is left of Hector’s men and whatever soldiers we got from Lessek?” Ana asked him.
“I need to get into the ship.” Leo responded.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn watched as she looked to Leo. “So you got any plans you wanna suggest?” She asked Him.

2 Likes

“She’s too… Excited, to care.” Tom whispered sadly.

1 Like

“Oh…” Sarah said as she pulled him into a tight hug. “It’s okay…”

“Once we get in… I knows some ways that aren’t charted on the schematics. As we go through the ship I’ll attempt to activate some false alarms and hopefully contact Ana’s friends.” Leo said. “Through the commotion we have to make our move. We will have to split up and go to different locations. We need to locate Mariana, Butch, Mary, and Sky. Once we secure them we leave through the hangar, if we can’t we have to go out back the way we came.”

2 Likes

Blake couldn’t find Joanna as he made his way to the armory, loading up his armor and equipment.

“Sounds like a hell of a plan Leo, I’ll take it.” She said, impressed with his plan

2 Likes