Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Kaitlynn kept her postion held, returning fire at the spartans. but taking damage of her own, they kept piling on the more she killed, the more that came. It was like an immortal army.

“GUYS! THEY ARE OVER RUNNING MY POSITION! IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME! HEAD TOWARDS MY POSITION ASAP! NOW BEFORE I! GAH SON OF A ■■■■■! I JUST TOOK A ■■■■■■■ ROUND TO THE LEG!” She shouted the comm cutting off.

“Come on, We gotta help my sister.” Blake said, using his thrusters to fly towards her postion as fast as he could.

2 Likes

Leo nodded and ran with Blake. “Take cover.” He said over comms.

1 Like

Before Sky left, she picked up an energy sword.

Several of the Vulcans were advancing toward Sky’s position after meeting Tom. Cassandra was leading the first group, when a Vulcan cried out in pain. It was almost unreal, when one used to cause panic was panicking themselves, grasping for his neck as Sky lifted him up. The seven other Vulcans prepared their hammers, knowing full well this was Sky. And they would kill her.

In their stupor, Sky dropped the Vulcan, who gasped for their breath. The next met their end at the end of her shotgun, the force tearing through her waist and d*mn near cleaving the Vulcan in half, or at least Cassandra wished it did, staring at the large holes that used to be flesh and armor were unsettling to see in her comrades.

A second swung their hammer, before Sky grabbed their hammer and yanked them closer to use as a shield against the next attack, which smashed what would have been her head, if the other Vulcan’s head hadnt been in its place. With the body of another Vulcan in one arm, her shotgun in the other, she fired twice into the offender, ripping through their armor and causing a third victim to crumple to the ground.

“What are you all doing?! Kill her!” Cassandra shouted.

Sky dropped her Vulcan shield, to grab a fist that was thrown at her. She yanked the arm toward her, causing the offending limb to be ripped from its owner, causing Cassandra’s visor to be smattered with gore. She shouted in surprise, attempting to wipe off her helmet as the rest of the Vulcans screamed as they attempted to subdue Sky.

Tom got close, running to assist Cassandra. “Cassandra! Come in! Come in, babe! Talk to me!” He shouted into his comm.

Cassandra could hear it, but refused to respond. She would impress him by killing the madwoman that had executed his men. As she wiped the gore from her visor, she stood to face Sky, who kicked her back to the ground.

When Tom opened the door, his weapon drawn, he immediately lowered it. Dark green mingled with cyan below gore piled on her armor. She smashed the helmet of a Vulcan he knew beneath her feet.

“You will regret that.” Tom said. Below him he saw an energy sword, and ignited it in his hands. Sky said nothing as she put her shotgun on her back to switch to the sword.

Mary got out from under the bed. “Mommy!” She shouted, hugging her.

5 Likes

Sarah’s train of thought may or may not have been interrupted by the sound of a shotgun blast going off. Then it was quickly revealed to be Mariana that pulled the trigger, on the Marins Sarah had merely beaten up. “Sarah!” Mariana called out, to let her know that Mariana was a friendly.

"Is Mary in there? She asked. “The alarms going off scared her and she ran from me.”

“Yes, let’s go.” Catina said. “Hell of a warm up, getting the sh*t kicked out of my by a tank.” She added. “Is there any paint left on my armor, at all?”

1 Like

“I am in cover!” She shouted, as the burst for her battle rifle could be heard.

Blake hurried as fast as he could. “We’re closing in ETA 18 seconds!” He said.

“Roger that, bring the pain guys! Because they sure are ■■■■ doing that to me. Kaitlynn out.” She said cutting the comm. “Sarah! What’s your situation?” She asked, reloading her Battle rifle.

2 Likes

Sarah hugged Mary and began to cry. “Y-yes! She’s here.” She said over comms and to Mariana. “I also found Mariana and Butch.” She took off her helmet and gave Mary a kiss on the forehead. “I am so happy to see you again. I need you to get all your things in a bag, we are moving.”

Leo slid to a stop and fired the mini gun down the hall. “I’ll clear the path, you guys move up.”

Ana sighed in relief. “We need Sky! Has anyone seen her?”

2 Likes

Kaitlynn saw bullets fly past her as she poked her head out seeing them approached. “Thank god you guys are here!” She said, pushing up on the suddenly suprised enemies. She saw two sniper rounds fly by her head and find a resting spot in the head of a LR spartan, the two spartans fell back as blood painted the walls. The others repostioning and returning the fire.

One spartan walked in and approached Olivia. “Ma’am! enemy forces are closing in! we can barely hold them off! What do we do?!” The spartan asked her.

2 Likes

Olivia pressed a button and the floor opened, sending Kaitlynn way down into another part of the ship.

Mary couldn’t stop hugging Sarah. “Mommy… I can’t let go…”

1 Like

“Since when the hell did we have that option?” The spartan asked.

Blake and Kaitlynn landed hard on the floor, the two feeling pain in their bodies, as it took them a bit to even get on their knees. “Okay…that’s new.” Blake grunted, rubbing his back. His spine still wasn’t completely healed, but it was close. “I think im also gonna need a ■■■■■■■ chriopractor.” he added

As Kaitlynn stood up, trying to catch her breath as it was knocked out of her.

2 Likes

“I’m here… you need to hurry we have to leave soon.” Sarah said to her as she looked at her arm wound. “Mariana do you have bio foam?”

Leo used his jet pack to stay up, he headed toward where there was a ground.

2 Likes

Before leaving the hangar, Catina went into the room Leo pointed out. After taking a quick glance around, she focused on a crate with the words "Selene’s Lance on it. Upon opening it, there was an M6 Spartan Laser. “Ah ha. Nice.” Catina let out a short laugh and said.

She placed Sao Paulo on her back, and begun running with the Splaser in her hands to catch up to everyone else. “Ana, Aries, how far ahead of me are you?” Catina asked over the coms as she highlighted her location on their huds. She had fallen behind but was running at top speed to catch up. Passing the two dead LR Spartans and using her Mag Boots to run on the wall over the pit that had opened up beneath Blake and Kaitlynn, Then she returned to the floor and kept running to catch up to Leo, Ana, and Aries.

Kaitlynn helped Blake up as the two looked around. “Where are we?” Kaitlynn asked him.

“Not sure…looks like Matinence halls.” He said, looking around for a way out.

2 Likes

Zorya entered and looked it his room, it seemed strange yet familiar to him. He tried laying on the bed but it was too hard I think I prefer human rooms instead he thought as he chuckled to himself.

2 Likes

Mary hurriedly gathered her things. “Melanie, quick!” Mary picked her puppy up. “I’m ready to go mom… Get me out of here…” Mary said fearfully.

“You are my sister, Sky!” Tom shouted, backing through the war torn hallways. “I love you!” He cried, blocking each hit.

“You are a traitor, Tom.” Sky growled as they briefly locked blades. “You will be killed as such! I hate you!” She screamed. Tom kept backing away. He couldn’t hold his ground against her, this was his first time touching what he viewed as an uncivilised weapon.

2 Likes

Sarah nodded. “Grace can you carry Mary for me?” She asked as she picked up her hammer.

Ana and Leo both arrived to the hangar Tom was at. “Sky!” She called out.

2 Likes

“Mary.” Mariana said to her. When Sarah carries you out of here, I want you to look up at the cieling, ok?" Mariana asked Mary, to keep Mary from noticing the two dead LR Marines in the hallway.

Mariana had also taken off and thrown away the top half of her Captain’s uniform. Underneath it, she had her old and slightly worn out ODST tank top. Which also displayed her Helljumper tattoo. It was faded slightly from the more than two decades she had it, and not as vivid as Kyanna’s tattoo.

Catina had caught up to Leo and Ana shortly after. And seeing Sky attacking Tom. She thought she would try to get Sky’s attention. Intending to merely put the laster pointer on Sky. But doing so with Selene’s Lance made the beam cause shield damage to Sky’s armor. “Oh, um. Cool?” Was Catina’s vocal reply when she discovered even her Splaser’s laser pointer could be harmful.

1 Like

All these alien races made Hannah feel like she was back in the covenant war. She tried to ignore that and do her job

2 Likes

“Guys…what’s going on up there?” Kaitlynn asked over the comms looking to where the two fell.

2 Likes

“We found Sky. But she is still loyal to the LR.” Catina replied to Kaitlynn.

1 Like

Tom and Sky were battling, when she knocked their swords away. Tom was distracted by Ana and Leo, and received an uppercut that collided with his visor and dragged up his helmet. It threw him back. Another quick successive hit collided with the side of his helmet, creating a shower of tiny blue tinted glass shards upon the floor.

1 Like