Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Sovekus coughed up more blood. He put down Scarlett, her armour now fully shut down. Instinctively he grasped for the large hole that had been torn through him “It is dow-”

Another fit of coughs overtook him.

Conveniently the three missing Vulcans appeared behind the group. Returning from their roughhousing. Ambrose activated the blade of Cataclysm when he saw the Brute. A hand from both of his lieutenants stopped him, when they saw the familiar friendly spartan.

2 Likes

“warriors, prepare yourselves. Daylight go, we will distract it” Leygall said

2 Likes

Leo carried the armor upgrade. “This thing need a lot of work…” he said to himself.
Ana helped Sky along.
Sarah looked at Scarlett and Sovekus. “Leo, can you help me out and move them?”
Leo nodded.

2 Likes

" I have fought beside this weapon before… they have probably alrea-" Sovekus was cut off by his ragged breathing “already retrieved it.”

His arm gave way beneath him and he fell to the ground. Ambrose dropped the axe and pushed past his restraints, and snatched an energy sword from the hip of a sangheili. In the same motion he crushed one side of the weapon. He marched to the large brute, the single remaining blade active. Very carefully he began to cauterise the wound.

2 Likes

“then we must move quickly” Leygall said as he lead his group away from daylight “i will regroup with you all later!” he said

2 Likes

“We need to go back down the way we came.” Leo said.

2 Likes

“Then we shall.” Catina said. This time, wait until the shields on that thing are broken before using that new weapon on it. She thought. Even then, I may try targetting it’s own weapons. Especially it’s hammer.

1 Like

It had been two months since they had gone back to that planet. Even then, the only thing that Zorya had seen were his chambers and the great hall they were led in to. It is a shame we went back to the station after only visiting Kyannas family Zorya thought as he stared at the planet from the window of the space station.

2 Likes

Glasgow showed Zorya and Kyanna to their pods. “Be careful.” Glasgow said, firing them at Sotuv keep. The two landed in the courtyard, Kyanna landing directly before the fountain.

“No, we’re leaving. Leo, take the others to the Pelican. Nos’ men and I will go to the other hangar where Tom’s men are, where we can safely evacuate. Me and Tom have some catching up to do.” Sky said.

1 Like

Zorya was kidnapped and stuffed into a pod “what is the-“
The pod jettisoned to Sotuv

2 Likes

Kaitlynn looked to Sky. “You need help?” She asked her.

2 Likes

“No, but we’ll meet you guys back… Wherever we came from.” Sky said. Tom passed Mary to Grace.

“Come on!” Grace began to descend to their Pelican.

1 Like

Kaitlynn sighed, as her and Blake made it to the pelican.

2 Likes

Zorya angrily broke out of his pod, the door burst as it flew off and hit something. He screamed as he got out and looked around and chuckled “I thought we would be inserted into pods forever again” he chuckled to himself I would rather not re-live that he thought

2 Likes

Nos’ men entered the hanger, showing they were too late and the new foe was gone “fruqo’t” he said as he lead the group back to daylight. “It is gone, what now?” He asked

2 Likes

Ambrose looked at Tom, and then at the two bodies. He gestured for his lieutenants to grab Sovekus, as he lifted Scarlett’s limp body. They began moving towards the pelican. Scarlett was barely conscious inside her dead shell. She felt the vague sensation of movement as she was lifted. The fight just kept replaying, as if to remind her how lucky they had been.

3 Likes

Zorya’s eyes widened as he looked around to see Sotuv. Finally he thought as he did a 360 degree look of the area.

2 Likes

Now that things seemed to be less dangerous. Catina sent Leo a com. “I’m fine with you not rushing the armor upgrades I asked for. If you’ll work on this armor, instead of make an entirely new one from old schematics and upgrade it. Then I’ll be more likely to take a break from fighting and allow my fresh injuries to heal.”

“And I have to request some undersuit repair as well.” Catina added. “The seal on this one has been broken.”

Mariana caught to up Sarah, who was presumably waiting to board Daylight’s Pelican. “Sarah.” She said. “While you were away, I got these papers we requested. And it’s not likely the LR will be able to revoke this now that we hold it.” Mariana said as she handed Sarah the envelope containing Mary’s adoption papers.

1 Like

Kyanna kicked the door off her pod and saw how dangerously close she was to the fountain courtyard. She ran over to the ends of the courtyard, way too fast for her to handle as she almost flew out the window of the surrounding wall. she looked out to see what was currently being d done to Sotuv keep, and Sotuv state as a whole.

2 Likes

Trenches were built at the beach, ready for threats to approach. Other fortifications were complete after weeks of preparation.The Sangheili looked at Kyanna strangely. Valiynna emerged from the crowd. “Kyanna, is that you?” She asked.

1 Like