Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Kyanna looked to Valiynna and nodded “yes general Valiynna, this is me” she said as the keeps defensive turrets that surrounded the island rose out of both the ground and water, ready for the attackers.

2 Likes

“You have become a Spartan? Excellent. You can mend the gap in the garrison to the beaches down from the gate. They are the least defended. As the attack progresses, you will hold position so defenders from around the island may retreat. You will be the last, forbid that happens.” Valiynna said.

“Kyanna, bad news. Black Moons have invaded the station… I forgot to give you extra firepower, I’ll try getting it to you, just let me have some time.” Glasgow said over comms.

1 Like

“understood” Kyanna responded to both Valiynna and the doctor as she ran over by the gate and leaped out of the window next to it, she then sprinted down the hill surprisingly fast for her, able to go through the foliage with little difficulty because of her armor, she fell off of a cliff along the way that she had forgotten about and saved herself dust in time with her thrusters, slowing her descent. She landed on the beach, sand kicked up as she did so, and met up with the warriors of Sotuv keep, armed with all manor of weapons.

2 Likes

The waves began to grow unruly before Kyanna.

“Jikan, I’d like formal permission to deploy my warriors alongside yours.” Damo asked.

1 Like

“granted, do what you can” Jikan said

Kyanna held her assault rifle and prepared for what was to come.

2 Likes

“Thank you.” Sarah said. ”Everyone get in.” She said to Daylight as she opened up the pelican.
“We may need to borrow Hermes.” Leo told Catina.

Ana stayed with Sky.

2 Likes

“To me.” Sky said. She, Tom and Ana ran for the secured hangar.

The thus far secret projects beneath Borli appeared behind Damo, towering over him. They were covered in ancient Gahlogali iconography. The two behind Damo were armed with pikes. Their ranged weapons had a green sheen to show their plasma origin. “Brothers, hold the courtyard. Do not let it fall at all costs. Further command will be left up to Brother Captain Tallium.” Damo said to his men. They nodded, and walked off.

1 Like

Jikan looked at the massive beasts, it pained him to rely on them, but he felt he had no other choice in this instance. He himself stepped out of his chair and fetched his armor and weapons, a Kaidon who could not defend their keep themselves, was unfit to live.

Leygall and his small force met up with sky “what is the plan?” he said

2 Likes

“Borrow him?!” Catina asked emphatically. “I would pay you reverse ransom to keep him.” She said and chuckled.

3 Likes

“Well that’s rather rude.” Hermes answered.
There were only 5 of the soldiers from Lessek left, each carried a few weapons.
Leo sat in the pilot’s seat, “everyone ready?”

2 Likes

Zorya grabbed a random elite “I need a weapon” he snarled @squeaverking I suppose my sight seeing will happen after this battle he thought as he stared the elite in the eyes not blinking.

2 Likes

“All set.” Catina said. “And now that we are leaving our old home. I’ll point out a few things I noticed.”

“Ana went back to serving Lessek’s Military, as she had before joining Daylight.”

“My Mom seems to have resigned as a Captain in The LR, and is even more of The Hell Jumper she has been.”

“I went back to my main job at ONI, singling out high profile targets, when I subdued and restrained Sky. All things we were before joining The LR.” Catina said.

“And I noticed two changes in our members.” Catina added. “Nos spoke positively of being with Fireteam Daylight. And Aries didn’t laugh, cheer, or wisecrack when I had to do what I did to Sky.”

1 Like

“To evacuate. We cannot hope to take them down without overextending ourselves.” Tom explained.

“Look brothers, the unclean rises to battle.” Ultra Tallium of the augmented Sangheili pointed to the distance. A hundred of them now stood in the defense of Sotuv, scattered about the island. Being their first deployment, Damo felt that this would be the best way to attract others to his cause, which was now to Gahlogali alone, showing them his newer ways.

“Brothers, both mortal and of our evolved kin, suffer not these unworthy beings the pain to live as our enemy. Suffer not the enemy to live. Each charge of plasma that ends one, ends their suffering. It is our duty to end it for them. We were called from Borli to defend against a storm that brews in the distance, a storm that we will shatter before it breaks upon us. These traitorous beings from the great unknown seek to take our Gahlogali from us, and while we breathe, any of us, it will not be taken. These things do not deserve this land, for it is our birthright, as the rightful sons and daughters of Gahlogali, to have it!” Brother Ultra Tallium shouted. His men kneeled before him, there were three full squads of ten, nine were of his command squad, which entailed Honored Brother Stalrus, who was his greatest friend before augmentation, which brought them closer. He carried his flag, something that would flatter Tallium until the bitter end. The other squads were lead by Brother Major Almoyas, who lead a team which used the experimental blamite technologies. The other was Brother Major Jolair, who wielded fuel rod technologies that had been long lost to time.

Ten of Tallium’s warrior soldiers joined Kyanna and her Sangheili warriors on the beach. At that moment, Scarabs emerged from the depths, as well as other craft that was used to drop off the black clad Sangheili.

Damo stayed unarmored. “Jikan, what do you think of my creations? Do you think them as abominations?” He asked.

“Yes!” Grace called, holding Mary. Everyone was aboard the Pelican

1 Like

Jikan finished putting his armor on and equipped his weapons as he looked to Damo “what i think about them in this instance is irrelevant. Right now whether i approve of it or not your creations may be what keeps my state from total annihilation.” he said as he cracked his neck “now if you will excuse me, i am going out to prove i am still worthy of my life” he said as he left to join the battle himself.

Kyanna prepared herself as she saw the scarabs emerge from the water, knowing full well her position was poor for this scenario she moved into the jungle of the island, where the foliage would hide her current location from the massive walkers.

“so you are retreating, how human of you” Leygall said.

3 Likes

“Yes, Nos, come on.” Sky said.

The Gahlogali Warriors began to fire upon the scarab, their heavy weapons cracking off bits of armor.

1 Like

Kailtynn watched, Knowing Nos wasn’t easily gonna give in. “Listen Nos, I want to finish this more than anyone else, but the problem is that ■■■■…thing out there. It gonna tear through us like paper.”

2 Likes

Leo plugged Hermes in and turned to look at who was there. The three Vulcans, Mary, Sarah, Grace, Catina, Aries, Scarlett, Sovekus, Blake, Kaitlynn, Kiana, Beth, and the 5 soldiers. It looked like an extremely tight squeeze. “Alright… Let’s get out of here.” He said closing the pelican and taking off towards the other ship.

3 Likes

“we would all prefer to die by the creatures hand, as we tried to make the LR pay for their treachery” Leygall said

2 Likes

“Then set the ship’s core to blow.” Ana suggested.

Leo landed the pelican back in other ship. “We need medics!” He called out in the hangar.

2 Likes

Blake got out and took his helmet off and looked to Leo. “I’ll go find Joanna!” He said running out of the hangar.

Kailtynn readied her Medkit. “Now then I have room and time, let me take a look.”

2 Likes