Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Blake stopped and grabbed his datapad, quickly texting her. “Will respond later.” And rushed out to the fight, seeing they were already enaged Kaitlynn had fallen back and bumped into him. “Thank god you’re here!” She said. “It’s a ■■■■ show!”

“What’s going on?” He asked.

“Black moons attacked us! Come on!” She grabbed him and brought him to Daylight positions.

1 Like

The other pod opened to reveal one of Damo’s machines of war, as it stomped out to meet the enemy. Beneath its arm, it boasted a plasma sprayer, which was essentially the wraith residue seen in Halo Wars that sticks to the ground. It coated the Black Moons in its fiery and sticky discharge. In one of its claws, it grabbed one of the attackers and crushing it.

“Behold! The Immolator!”

2 Likes

Since Zorya was there the whole time, he was quite shocked to see Grace fly by the fountain “Awe?” Zorya said questionably. One of Damos pods landed and flung him back, he slowly got up. Happy thoughts happy thoughts he said to himself

2 Likes

Leo charged out at the black moons. His cannons easily taking out a few. He pulled out his lance and shield charged at a couple of others. “Be careful with putting too much stress on the armor.” Athena warned him.

2 Likes

Kiana continued to fire at the creatures laying siege to Sotuv Keep. Beth moved behind the fountain now that there was room, and fired at the black moons with her rain of oblivion.

Kyanna had gotten her armor and headed for the armory, she grabbed her weapons of choice, a Blissful Slumber, and a carbine, she also grabbed a Sangheili jetpack which she strapped to her armor.

“so it is time i get to see daylight, for myself”

“indeed” she said

“well it seems within half an hour they have caused trouble, the one known as Catina has been arrested, and sky has tried to threatened the Kaidon, and say he has no jurisdiction over his own state”

“i will deal with daylight once this battle is over, for now help me focus on defending my home”

“understood” Kel said.

Kyanna rushed out into the courtyard at lighting speed, she ran around the perimeter with her Blissful Slumber in hand, it’s rapid fire and explosive plasma shots easily decimating any foe they hit, Kyanna killed 7 of them before her gun overheated, after which she jumped into a crowd and used her flame throwers to melt those surrounding her. With the flames blocking the vision of the other enemies she quickly then moved back to the upper level of the courtyard and jumped out of the window on the right side of the gate, with her now flanking the enemy horde she fired into them again. While the massive swarm of Sotuv Keep banshee’s bombarded the black moons, taking out large groups at a time. Ghosts and Wraiths flooded out of the Garage and joined the battle, and Sotuv Keep’s defensive turrets also fired at the black moons. they were determined to prove they could defend themselves, without the need for monstrosities to help. “it would appear that Borli is intent to keep sending their forces, even though the new Kaidon has forbidden them from coming to Sotuv state.”

“they are persistent i will give them that” Kyanna said as she took cover behind a tree while her gun cooled off.

“indeed, but they would be wise to listen to the Kaidon, their persistence will not help them win his favor”

“agreed” Kyanna said as a group of 6 black moons swarmed her. she blinded them with her flame throwers and then used her energy sword to hack them to bits. She then put her sword hilt away and climbed up a tree, using her elevated position to her advantage, she laid waste to more of the black moons. Her Blissful Slumber ran out of energy and she threw it into the crowd, killing one final black moons soldier with it. She then grabbed her carbine and prepared herself. Sotuv banshee’s flew over her as they did another bombing run on the enemy forces, she jumped and held onto one of the wings of the banshee.

“are you crazy?” Kel said shocked, the pilot seemed to think the same as they had a small change in their flight pattern for a moment.

“yes i am” she said “did they not tell you?” Kyanna said as she watched the tree she had been in not three seconds ago was destroyed by a black moon grenade thrown at it.

“well it seems to have saved you, now how will you get out of this situation?” Kel asked

“pilot, fly just above the mountain” Kyanna ordered. The banshee flew over the mountain as instructed and Kyanna got off, landing on the mountain and sliding down a bit before she came to a solid edge and stopped. She climbed up to a better position and once the army was in sight once again she began firing down upon the black moons with her carbine, each shot finding their mark, each round landing perfectly within the head of one of their soldiers, Kyanna worked like a machine, hitting the trigger as fast as she could, then reloading, then firing into the crowd again. Once she ran out of ammo she slid down the side of the mountain, at the last second she propelled herself into the air, and thrusted herself downward into another crowd of black moon soldiers, killing 7 upon impact and wounding the others around her. She then pulled her sword off her hip and cut those surrounding her apart, some of the black moons soldiers had their moral lowered at this sight, some tried to flee from her only to be engulfed in flames from her flamethrowers.

“Demon!” a voice called out, she turned to see a Sangheili general wielding a green energy sword “i have come for you, after months of defeat by your hands, now you die by mine!” they said cockily, Kyanna accepted their challenge and sprinted towards the general, he took the first swing which she dodged using her jetpack, when she hit the ground she swung for him, but he was able to block it in time, their blades locked and the two struggled, the general was stronger than her and began pushing the blades down, Kyanna used her left hand flamethrower onto the face of the general, causing them to real back in pain and rub their eyes, Kyanna used this opportunity and decapitated the general before he had a chance to regain himself. Kyanna took his blade as a trophy and rushed back into the battle to hack apart the enemies of Sotuv Keep.

2 Likes

“Well holy ■■■■…that’s one way to make a entrance.” Blake said.

“Yeah…still weird to see Red as a spartan though.” Kaitlynn said, as they poked their head out of cover.

1 Like

“Well… her normal armor is practically as good as this.” Athena said.
Leo sighed as he continued to take out Black Moon troops with ease.

1 Like

Zorya drowned a black moon elite in the fountain

3 Likes

Kyanna flew on top of the fountain in the courtyard, the black moons had overwhelmed a wraith and took control of it, it’s plasma mortar bombarded the courtyard. Kyanna prepared herself and aimed her Gauss canon at it. Her shot destroyed the wraith upon impact as it was already heavily damaged, but the recoil caused her to fall off and land directly in the fountain. She got up and climbed out as she ran for the door to grab more ammo “you forgot the recoil again”

“i did not forget” Kyanna said annoyed at Kel “it is just too strong for me right now… that was only my third time using the canon” she said as she grabbed more carbine ammo and a storm rifle, she reloaded her carbine and put it on her back, then headed outside and began using her storm rifle against the black moons.

1 Like

The Immolator tore through another Wraith, the plasma melting through it and corroding the enemies before it. The Gahlogali Warriors attempted to support it as they hacked enemy after enemy beneath their axes.

the black moons no longer were able to steal the Sotuv wraiths as their numbers dwindled greatly, more support had come from the other 12 islands which surrounded sotuv keep, surrounding the black moon, there were so many banshees they blocked out the sun.

1 Like

“Wait did the sun just set?” Blake asked. Before looking up. “Oh no wait, it’s just a storm of banshees…huh, just like The 300 actual Spartans.” He commented.

1 Like

Damo’s forces gladly participated in the slaughter that ensued, ensuring every Black Moon was purged by their mighty weapons.

Blake stopped and pulled his data pad out. Sending Joanna a message to show he was okay.

1 Like

as the battle reached it’s end Kyanna rejoined the others in the courtyard, the sangheili of Sotuv keep roared triumphantly. Vakam looked angrily at Damo’s warriors.

“so… i think that was an effective way to show off what about you daylight?” Kyanna said giggling

“yeah that’ll do it” Kiana said

“i couldn’t even keep track, you guys are all so d*mn fast” Beth said

1 Like

Leo ripped his lance out of one of the bodies and sighed. He climbed out for armor suit and walked towards Daylight.

1 Like

“Hell Yeah That was, welcome back Red.” Kaitlynn said walking up to greet her, as Blake looked at Red. “Oh yeah, right.” He said putting the datapad away and running off for a second.

1 Like

Zorya pick up the drowned elite and tossed him to the side on the floor, the fountain had become an indigo color around him as he put his sword away what a ruined color he thought as he looked at Daylight, mostly Sky though.

3 Likes

Blake came back holding Stormy in his arms as he approached Red. “I guess I owe you an apology don’t I?” He asked, akwardly laughing. “I’m sorry about accidentally stealing Stormy. She’s been a good cat though, and good company.”

1 Like

“stormy” she said excitedly as she took her cat and held her. she pulled her helmet off and kissed her head smiling “i missed you so much” she said happily. she had a moment of realization and cleared her throat “i missed all of you as well but i mean… i have not seen my cat longer than i have not seen any of you” she said giggling

1 Like