Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Sometimes silence is the best answer…” Hermes commented.

“How do you want us to prove we care? We’ve all said it once. You matter to this team. You matter to me.” Leo said.

2 Likes

“it does not matter now that i am dead” Kyanna said, her tone softening.

“You may be dead to your keep, but your not dead to us.” Leo said.
“You are very special to a lot of us Kyanna, you’ve made my brother happy for so long.” Sarah said.
“And you have been one of Sky’s best friends.” Ana added.

Kyanna just remained silent “i think she may need time alone, i will make sure she does not do anything to harm herself” Kel said

“Thank you… If I’m needed let me or Athena know.” Leo said to Kel. “I’ve always been here for you…” He said as he gave Kyanna a hug before going back to his seat.

“My chieftain was killed. The last of my brothers were executed fighting in his name. My pack will die with me.” Sovekus said grimly. He turned to face Kyanna “I once even had a team like this, a family. They were slaughtered by pirates, and I was sent across the galaxy and away from the only survivor. I wanted to give up, but I kept going for what I had left. Now, she needs me more than ever. If you can look around this ship, and tell me there is nothing here for you to hold onto, I will give you the release you desire.”

Kyanna just stayed silent as she stood still, frozen because of Kel locking her armor, with her blade only a few inches from her. She directed her eyes towards Sovekus. “my family, my home, my everything is gone now… the only reminder of my existence now… is Leo” she said.

“And you would plunge that blade inside yourself despite that?” Sovekus asked.

Kyanna was silent for a moment, she was deep in thought, the energy sword deactivated and Kyanna slowly lowered her arms, she hung her head and looked down to the floor, tears kept dripping from her face, it began to block vision from parts of her visor.

1 Like

“Kel, I’d like to start talking to her soon.” Kailtynn asked. “Whenever She is free of course.”

“for now she wishes to be left alone” Kel said.

“And when next I sleep, I’ll need to stay in my armor and keep you plugged into it.” Catina said to Hermes inside of her helmet. “I hadn’t mentioned it yet, but I have been plagued by a recurring nightmare. I suppose you could see it first hand, instead of having it described to you.”

“I understand.” She said, looking to Leo and opening a private comm. “I am growing worried each second that she’ll kill herself when she gets the slightest chance.”

“I’m going to assume you’ll want me to watch her 24/7.” Leo said as he looked at ground.

“That’s fine Catina.” Hermes said.

“Not exactly…I’m sure Kel will do that, but whenever you are with her, check for any signs of her wanting to make an attempt. I’m sorry your guys reunion ended up like this.” She sighed. “But I promise i’ll Help her recover from this.”

Leo nodded. “Do you think I should ask her if she wants to move into my room? I’ll be able to watch her more frequently… or would that bother her?”

“That is…hard to say, because I’d rather not make it too obvious,but I mean you two have been together for a long time so I’m sure she wouldn’t question it. Let’s just give her some space first, then you can ask.”

Leo nodded. “I’ll ask her in a few days.”

“Smart idea.” She said patting his back. “We got a lot of work ahead of us.”

“We do.” Leo said as he pulled out a data pase, there were two armors on it. A new and improved version of his and a small and nimble looking suit beside it beside it. “So this is what you have in mind?” He asked Athena.
“Yes, I’ll be able to move quickly on my own and take care of hand to hand combat as well.” Athena said. “Then I’ll be able to attach myself to your back and become a cannon.”
“Sounds interesting… sounds like it will be an upgrade from what we have now.” He said.