Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Spetz put his helmet on as he looked for Alice “Alice? What’s wrong?”
Alice waited a couple of seconds before answering in a shaky voice
“Spetz…I’m dying…” she said sniffling

4 Likes

Beth bumped into Sarah and Grace on her way back to her room “hey do you guys know what all that yelling was about?” She asked the two

2 Likes

Grace shrugged her shoulders, "I dunno… He doesn’t want to be with me.

“Scarlett, I’m taking you guys with me actually. Ready up, we’ve got a CCS to clear.” Sky said.

Aries nodded.

1 Like

“W-what?” Spetz answered with his voice shaking “I-I thought it wasn’t that long…your joking right?” Spetz said as he left out a nervous laugh staring at her.

“N-no…I’m not…” she said phasing through his screen “I’ve been trying to hide it for a while…I didn’t want you to worry with all you’ve been through…” she said as she wiped the tears from her eye “I felt you’ve gone through enough…and with all the crazy stuff that’s been happening I haven’t got the chance to…” she said letting out a fake smile

“I’m not losing you too…what do I have to do? Who do I have to see?” Spetz said as loaded his DMR and placed it on his back

“There’s nothing you can-“ Alice said before interrupted by Spetz
“How long Alice?” He said, forcing himself not to whimper.

“I’m…not entirely sure…my best guess is a couple months…a year maybe…something like that…” she said looking down “b-but that’s not the point Spetz…I…-erm…” she said nervously as she stared at him

4 Likes

“Right… We need to get this done, Scarlett.” Sky said.

1 Like

Sarah shrugged. “I dunno.” She turned to Grace. “How about I help you. You can’t just jump in and expect him to love you… how about you hang out with him and get to know him a bit.” She said to her. “Do you know why Spetz doesn’t like Grace?” She asked Beth.

2 Likes

“Didn’t we just get back from a mission though?” Kaitlynn asked. “And why do we need to clear a CCS out?”

2 Likes

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know if I was talking to some overglorified couch potatoes or Spartans!” Sky shouted. “We have been tasked with retrieving information from the vessel.”

1 Like

Blake and Kailtynn looked confused. “What?” Blake asked.

2 Likes

“Commander Stalvern, you have interrupted my briefing. If you must clear this cruiser, you have a team at your disposal.” Scarlett said calmly.

2 Likes

“My wonderful brother Tom managed to cripple an enemy vessel up there.” Sky said. “Now come on, I’m itching to finally finish a job.” Sky said.

Grace nodded and blushed,

1 Like

“Wait, What about the rest of Daylight. Don’t you need to stay with them?” Blake asked

2 Likes

“Commander Stalvern, you agreed it would be best to split the command of Daylight, now, please allow me to do so.” Scarlett said.

3 Likes

Sky tilted her head. “What was that?” Sky asked calmly. “I do believe I did not bisect my power, make no mistake that you still are below me in this command structure.” Sky said.

1 Like

“Since I was transferred to your team I have held the same rank as you.” Scarlett answered.

2 Likes

“Sie ist einer jener Momente wieder?” (is she having one of those moments again?) Blake asked Kaitlynn quietly, as she just shrugged.

2 Likes

“But that’s it, my team. Would you like to run this whole complex until we get back?” Sky asked.

1 Like

“What kind of leader are you? You afford your subordinates no respect. You refuse to address deep seeded issues that make Daylight ineffective as a combat unit, and clearly play favourites. You issue little to no commands on the battlefield. You agree to things, only to back out when they become inconvenient to you.” Scarlett said calmly.

4 Likes

“It’s not like you’ve done anything. Now then, come on, we need to go.” Sky said.

“Hold up, What?” Kaitlynn said, stepping in. “Sky…She’s done more with her life than any of us. She’s been through worse than us.”

3 Likes