Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“I wouldn’t dream of it.” Scarlett said, a hint of something close to humour in her voice. She stretched her arms as she walked “I really wanna see what you can do.”

2 Likes

“well right now i might not be at my best… but i bet i will still be able to take a better beating than most people on daylight” Kyanna said

3 Likes

Leo readied all his gear and without a word left towards a pelican.
“You really shouldn’t have allowed Daylight to split… He is extremely mad about it all.” Athena told Sky.

“Yes ma’am.” Hermes replied.

2 Likes

“You ready?” Catina asked Aries as she put her helmet on. Then she held out her left hand, offering to help Aries stand up.

1 Like

Blake and Kaitlynn decided to follow them, seeing that had nothing to do now but watch.

“How’s Josh been?” Kaitlynn asked.

“Good, he been draining my sleep, but I can’t really complain about it.” He said, letting out a small yawn.

Kaitlynn laughed a little at his comment. “Weren’t you trained to stay awake for days on end as a sniper?”

“Yeah, but I don’t get sent out on those jobs anymore. I haven’t even gotten to be a true sniper.” He commented, letting out a sigh, missing the days he could hide and pick off targets from long ranges. “In fact, It’s more CQC than long range combat now. And it annoys me how close I get in battle with my sniper, but it’s like if I leave the group for two seconds i get morally wounded.”

Kaitlynn stopped for a second, and had an idea. “I got something, how about I ask Sky if she can get you put on reconnaissance missions and such? You can actually put your training to proper use and probably give us a advantage when we deploy?”

Blake perked his head up and smiled. “I’d f*ckin love that.”

2 Likes

“You what?” Spetz asked as he stared at Alice.

“Well…ever since I was programmed to take care of you from even a young age…I’ve seen you grow up” she said smiling “I’ve seen you at your best times…I’ve seen you at your worst…and I just wanted to say throughout all this time” she said sniffling “I’m glad Dad assigned me to take care of you, cause I love you!” Alice cried reaching out to him

4 Likes

“He’s not the only one.” Sky grumbled to Athena.

Samantha decided to walk with her personal favorite Gregory.

Aries took Cat’s paw and hoisted herself up. “Let’s go.”

“Ana, you’re flying. Leo needs some sisterly love.” Sky said.

“Yuck.” Aries said.

“Ew, I didn’t mean it like that.” Sky said.

“That too…” Grace said.

1 Like

“yeah” Beth said as she gave grace a quick hug and wiggled her way out.

2 Likes

Spetz tried hugging Alice but she just went through him “I love you too Alice” he cried

2 Likes

Catina was speechless for a minute, then she got her train of thought back on track.

“Sky, there is something I couldn’t stop thinking about.” She said. “Nos. I for one would like to know what happened to him after he chose to stay and fight. Wether he is alive or dead.”

1 Like

Grace didn’t let her go

“Nos left on a good note, though a lot of times he made me mad.” Sky said. “I gave him my best effort though since he gave me his. I hope he’s safe.” Sky said, sitting beside Leo.

2 Likes

“sarah help” Beth said quietly

2 Likes

“Grace… you should go see if everything’s okay with Spetz.” Sarah said. “Beth do you want to stay with her or go hang out with me and Tom?”

Leo silently sat there. He held the small box and sighed.

2 Likes

“i’m gonna regret this… but i guess i’ll stay with grace” Beth said

2 Likes

“I wonder if he would be amused by the recurring nightmares I’ve been having since Farius Prime, and how close I came to being killed by a Flood infection.” Catina said.

1 Like

Grace went back to see if Spetz was ok. “Spetz… Wanna watch a movie?” Grace asked.

Tom held Mary close as she slept.

“Leo… I know you’re mad at me… And you have every right to be.”

1 Like

Both Alice and Spetz stared awkwardly at Grace as Alice went back into Spetz helmet.

“Maybe not right now Grace…I need some time to myself…” Spetz said as he walked past her and started to leave “oh, I’m sorry for grabbing you by the neck Grace…I was just upset at myself and you cane at a bad time…kind of like now…please forgive me.” Spetz said as he walked out and saw Sarah and Beth

“can someone lend me their room so I can take all this in” Spetz said quietly

2 Likes

“hey grace isn’t that the men’s bathroom?” Beth asked from outside “that just gives him more of a reason to avoid you since you’re breaking the laws of privacy to stalk him more” she said. She then looked to spetz “yeah go ahead my rooms that one right there” Beth said pointing to her door

2 Likes

Spetz nodded and walked into Beth’s room, locking the door behind him

2 Likes

Sarah had left and gotten the macaroni Mary and Tom wanted. She got chicken for all three of them as well with juice boxes. She arrived back at the room. “I’m back.” She said to the two.

“I finally decided today would be today Sky, the day that I would ask Kyanna to marry me… but instead off she went to another team. A team lead by a woman called that called me incompetent for trying to save innocent people’s lives and keeping our own team alive.” Leo said with remorse. “It wouldn’t surprise me if she begins to make everyone she took to look down on us… it’ll cause a larger division then we have now Sky…”

3 Likes