Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Kyanna happily stepped into the ring and she stretched and cracked whatever other bones she needed to. “i am ready” she said

2 Likes

Blake and Kaitlynn took a seat. “I’m on stand by when you guys need me.” Kaitlynn said.

2 Likes

The interior of the ship was near pitch black darkness, but luckily the Spartans had night vision to help them along.

“Hmm… Would I be that good of a leader? I can barely keep Daylight together.” Sky said as she stepped off. “This light explains how pale those guys were. Everyone stick together, I don’t want any ambushes.”

“I’m gonna watch a movie with him… But Beth… Can I do your nails?” She asked.

Samantha walked the halls with Gregory. She watched as each member of her band of Foxtrots worked on their own jobs, rebuilding after this devastating attack. Organs were recovered of the fallen, and Sangheili were salvaged for armor enhancements. She passed the gym and noticed some of Daylight’s members were within. A link within her machine. A gear that was not functioning, that would not help the whole move forward.

“What is going on here? I thought.I ordered.Daylight to go on a mission to sweep that ship?!” Samantha said.

1 Like

“We aren’t part of Daylight anymore. We’re part of Fireteam Sunday now, but even still…Sky got really pissy and only took a few people with her.” Blake said, turning to face Samantha.

2 Likes

“Don’t talk to my mom-” Gregory began.

“That is no excuse. As far as I am concerned, Sky is your leader unless she tells me otherwise.” Samantha said.

1 Like

“Well, Sky agreed to the idea in the first place, I thought she would have told you.” He said, looking to Gregory then back to Samantha.

2 Likes

“Most systems are down… the reactor isn’t set to blow. I am sending all of you a map of the ship… it doesn’t account for collapsed and blocked hallways but has points of interest marked. I am unable to see who or what is around.” Hermes said.

2 Likes

“That’ll have to do. Are you able to return to your A.I. Crystal now?” Catina asked Hermes.

1 Like

Scarlett turned to Samantha “I appreciate your concern, ma’am, however, everyone here no longer wishes to be part of Fireteam Daylight, especially after Commander Stalvern’s most recent outbursts.”

2 Likes

“Yes ma’am.” Hermes responded. “Are we traveling in a large group?”

2 Likes

“I apologize for not knowing your name, but I cannot have you all stand around here and do nothing when there is many things to be done. We were spread thin on manpower already. It’s time for you to pull your weight.” Samantha said.

“Ok… Keep it tight and let’s see if we can get the lights up.” Sky said.

1 Like

“Ma’am, not to be rude, but we were suppose to go to the CCS carrier, until Miss Stalvern ordered us to go, but then decided to storm off and take the operation from us and do it herself.” Blake informed.

1 Like

“But your son may stand around doing nothing?” Sovekus inquired.

2 Likes

“Follow Athena and I to the back up generator…” Leo said as he made sure his cannon was loaded.

1 Like

“Everyone is staying together it seems.” Catina said. Then she reclaimed Hermes A.I. Crystal and put it back in her helmet.

“We are following Leo and Athena to the backup generator.” Catina repeated, as she readied her shotgun and clicked the safety off.

1 Like

Alice watched over Spetz while he slept, Spetz was all she cared about and she was glad she finally told him. Way better than accompanying that other loser that the deficient A.I took care of she thought to herself

2 Likes

“Very mature of you.” Samantha said to Sovekus. Gregory tensed.

“Mom, just say the words.” He said softly.

“You’ll go to that cruiser.” Samantha demanded. “Or else. I’m not as lenient as your loving leader of Daylight.”

“Ok…” Sky said. They arrived at the generator. “Leo, get it up and running.” Sky said, looking down the abyss that were the hallways. Several times she thought she had seen moving shapes, only to be wrong. She was tense, worried.

1 Like

“Sky never cared though.” Kaitlynn commented

1 Like

“I came here to put you to work. Not to hear you argue. Whatever you are currently, go wash the bathrooms on the double.” Samantha ordered.

1 Like

“Wait…you just ordered us to go then CCS and now the bathroom? What’s the plan here?” Blake asked.