Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Anything on your side?” Leo asked Athena.
“Not at all… it seems they were purposely disabled…” she replied.
“You know what that means… we’re in the dark for now.” Leo said as he put his bag back on.
“What exactly are we fighting?” Ana asked.

2 Likes

“I don’t know.” Sky said. Then came a sharp clap of the Atramentar’s boots colliding with the floor. It was far, but Sky didn’t dare move, wanting to know what it was. “You all hear that?”

“Go to the toilets. Now.” Samantha growled.

1 Like

“Yes ma’am.” Scarlett said. She cleared her throat “Sunday, we have our orders.”

2 Likes

“So, this cruiser hasn’t been cleared yet?” Catina asked.She looked in the direction the sound came from with her night vision enabled.

1 Like

Blake and Kaitlynn rolled their eyes and followed Samantha. “Man, this training is so useful.” Blake jokingly said as they left the room.

1 Like

“I’ll lead the group…” Leo said with a bit of fear in his voice as he gave Sky the small box wrapped in a letter. “If I don’t make it out of this I want all of you to be able to… and Sky, I want you to give this to her.” He said as he took out his shield and carbine.

Ana readied her DMR.

Athena readied her AR.

2 Likes

The stomping got closer. “Leo, you aren’t dying on me.” Sky said.

1 Like

“Not good. I know those kind of footsteps.” Catina said as she swapped her Shotgun for her Spartan Laser.

1 Like

Leo readied his carbine.
Athena activated her small arm cannon.
“Give the order and we will shoot.” Ana said over comms.

2 Likes

Fireteam Sunday retrieved cleaning supplies and headed to the nearest bathroom.

1 Like

“This is ■■■■■■■■.” Kailtynn growled. “Were soldiers not high school drop outs.” She said as Blake took offense to that.

1 Like

Aries held her rifle tightly.

Sky stared down the hallway with the others. Slowly, the glowing patterns of lightning shone across the armor of the behemoths. Their dull green dual barrelled assault cannons charged as they slowly strode toward them. “Weapons free!” Sky shouted.

1 Like

Catina peered through the scope of her Splaser, it’s targeting beam scorching one Malekgolo’s upper chest armor, before being flicked up slightly onto it’s neck and scorching one or two of the Lekgolo in it’s colony. Then the Laser itself tore into the worms that made up that Atramentar’s neck.

1 Like

Leo fired his shoulder cannon as Athena shot hers.

Ana sprayed her AR.

2 Likes

Kyanna waited until she was around the corner and away from samantha, when she was out of view she quickly punched and dented another wall, similar to how she did last time. She then moved with sunday.

“do my nails… what do you mean?” Beth asked

1 Like

“Sorry That got ripped from you Red.” Blake said.

“I am sorry to do this to all of you.” Scarlett said.

“Don’t be, it’s not your fault.” He said.

Alice sent Beth a message.
“You are allow to return to your room, keep in mind to be quiet as Spetz will still be sleeping until then. Thank you for letting us borrow your room” the message read
The notification beeped on Beth’s datapad in her room as Alice saw it and facepalmed “of course” she thought to herself as she forwarded the message to Grace instead.
“Grace, please allow your sister to read this message-(Alice’s message from before) @squeaverking

2 Likes

“Well… We paint our nails different colors, it’s fun. Let me do yours.” Grace smiled, attempting to remove her glove.

The shoulder cannons tore holes in the Lekgolo, causing it to shudder backward. The laser burned away those upon the neck, but as the Atramentar marched forward, more took their place. It maintained this slow pace because it felt the sickening need to feed off of the fear of itself.

1 Like