Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Athena momentarily stopped and waited. She nodded and opened the door. “I’m sorry for interrupting!” She yelled.
Leo panicked and pulled a blanket over him and Kyanna.

2 Likes

“oh… we were just finished” Kyanna said calmly.

2 Likes

“If he gets hungry… Then what?” Joanna asked. “I can take him…” She said.

“You just fed him…he can last a few hours, till then.”

1 Like

“I’m sorry… I truly am for what has happened for the last few months.” Athena said to both. “I didn’t think I’d make things worse for you Kyanna… I thought Leo was helping but instead all I did was hurt you both…” she said.

1 Like

“O-okay… Bring him to me if gets hungry then, honey.” Joanna said.

“what are you talking about Athena?” Kyanna asked

1 Like

Athena stopped and plugged Kel into herself. “Now what do I say!?”
Leo shrugged.

“Can we speak with you?” Ana asked Scarlett.

1 Like

“i do not know” Kel said “i guess explain why you came in…” he said

1 Like

“I will, go do whatever needs done.” He said cradling Josh in his arms. “So, Just you and me now huh?”

1 Like

Athena nodded. “I cane to apologize… realizing I did harm to both you and Leo over the course of month or more… I thought that sending Leo to help comfort you would help… but it didn’t… Kel told me all it did was make it worse… I hurt you and I hurt Leo…”
Leo sighed. “I want to forget that…”

1 Like

“oh… that” was all Kyanna said, she looked down for a bit and sighed. She kissed Leo on the cheek “i think i want to go to my room” she said

1 Like

“Do I tell her to put on her armor?” Athena asked Kel.

1 Like

Joanna kissed his cheek and ran off to deal with Cat’s arm.

Josh reached up to his father.

“i do not think she will want to” Kel said.

Kyanna got out of the bed and got dressed.

1 Like

Athena nodded. “Please make sure nothing happens to her…” she said to Kel as she put him back into Kyanna’s armor.
Leo looked at the ground. “I’ll see you later…” he said to Kyanna.

1 Like

“you too” Kyanna said as she smiled, she kissed him on the cheek again, picked up her armor, and left for her room.

1 Like

Leo remained quiet as he got dressed and sat on the bed.
“I’m sorry…” Athena said after a minute.
“What made you think that was a good idea?” He asked annoyed. “Coming in to ask that question.”
“I… I was talking to Kel… he mentioned how it didn’t help and I felt it was all my fault.” She answered before stopping. “I was afraid she’d kill herself while you slept… I feared that you’d break down and…”
Leo didn’t know how to answer. He remained silent.

1 Like

Kyanna entered her room and put all of her armor in the corner. Kel projected himself and looked to her “Kyanna” he said

“yes Kel?” Kyanna responded

“were you thinking… of killing yourself tonight?” Kel knew the answer as soon as he asked it, he saw it in her eyes.

Kyanna was silent for a moment as she stared at the floor “yes… i was about to reach for a knife beside me when the both of you walked in.” She said. It filled Kel with dread hearing it.

“Kyanna… please… put your armor on” Kel said. Kyanna remained silent and slowly looked up at him, she turned her head and saw her energy sword, sitting alone on her nightstand. “Kyanna… please” Kyanna still didn’t respond as she stared at the handle. “Kyanna” Kel said again, now seriously worried for her, she turned her body towards it, Kel panicked, unable to read her thoughts, he acted. He sent a message to Athena “Get here now”… He watched Kyanna stand there staring at the hilt for a few seconds before she finally took a step towards it “Kyanna… please… Kyanna” Kel said, if he was capable of crying, his face would be drenched.

1 Like

Leo closed his eyes and began to cry. “I thought I was helping… I thought things would change! I thought she’d change.” He yelled and punched the wall with his metal arm. He shattered it on impact. All that was left was a single jagged piece and the base it was attached to.
Athena stopped. “We have to go Leo… She’s not going to put on her armor. Kel can not stop her if anything happens.”
Leo nodded and took off, Athena followed and passed him. She barged into the room. “Kyanna!”
Leo came running from behind. “D-don’t! Please!”

1 Like