Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Have you forgotten why I formed this team?” Scarlett answered. She exhaled deeply “This family you speak of is broken. The memebers of your team constantly bicker and fight, and do not want you as a leader. You cling to this idea that you can protect them, but all you are doing is holding them back.”

1 Like

“I won’t give up.” Sky said.

1 Like

Blake waited for Joanna.

1 Like

Sarah smiled and hugged Mary. “You’ll need to meet Blake’s baby when he grows up… you’ll be the oldest kid around here. Unless we count Beth.”

1 Like

“yeah but beth won’t be a kid anymore in three months” Kiana said

1 Like

“You will watch your team tear itself apart more and more. You will watch as the trust a team should have is broken down and destroyed. You will not give up, but things will only become worse.” Scarlett said.

2 Likes

“That may just be your doing. Trying to take this team apart rather than allowing people to discuss their issues with each other and attempt to resolve them.” Ana said.

2 Likes

“I witnessed this decline, and approached Commander Stalvern with this solution. She approved with no push back, and the response from the members of I chose to take was phenomenal.” Scarlett explained “Years of issues compounding upon themselves, and no attempt by the leadership of Fireteam Daylight to repair any of it. If Daylight was able to work a single cohesive unit, all of you have done very little to show me that capacity.”

“You can’t leave. Our ships are limited now, Scarlett.” Sky said.

Mary frowned. “He’s too little?”

“I am not the one who wants me to leave.” Scarlett corrected her.

“Oh, right. So you’ll be on my team then?” Sky asked.

“Have you not listened to anything i have said?”

Sky sighed. “So be it.” Sky said, and left with Ana.

ONE MONTH LATER.

“Daylight, to the war room.” Samantha ordered as her foxtrots zipped about the base. The Dark Star would be making one final expedition before it would remain beside Highland Station.

Sky awoke with Ana at her side.

Tom was with Sarah and Mary.

and all the other assorted bois

1 Like

Blake groaned and lifted his head. “Ugh…the one day I was hoping to sleep in.”

Kailtynn got out of her bed and got dressed making her way to the warroom.

1 Like

Scarlett disappears into the void because Squeaver can’t write himself out of the corner he put himself in

1 Like

Catina awoke Aries, and made her way to the Armory post haste. “Hermes! Has Leo ever finished those schematics yet?” She asked as she armored up and inserted him into her helmet.

For weapons Catina went with Sao Paulo, her M6D. and a newly manufactured Gunfighter Magnum. Then she reported to The Warroom.

1 Like

Spetz arose from the pools surface and propped himself on the edge of it as he breathed heavily “how long Alice?” He said in between breaths.

“Better, but not by much. Though 10 minutes is still pretty good though”
Spetz over heard the announcement as he pulled himself out and stared at Alice

“Let’s get this over with” she said glitching

2 Likes

Beth awoke, put on her armor, and headed for the war room.

Kiana was at the firing range when the announcement went off, she quickly cleaned up after herself and then headed for the war room as instructed.

Kyanna was quietly humming to herself as she put her armor on, for the last month things had been different for her. She had calmed down and her attitude had been slowly changing. A month ago, she had assaulted Catina, sending a single punch into her unarmored back. Since then she had calmed down, and had started interacting with daylight once more. She had also had a haircut some time within the last month, her hair was short and black, she was letting her natural color return and grow. She finished putting her armor on and headed for the war room.

1 Like

Leo smiled at the sight of his room as she walked out. He had 3 crates worth of inventions and gear ready to be sold off, he had been working everymoment he could to make sure that they’d make enough money.
Athena took a picture of it and sent it to Kel. “Show this to Kyanna if you want. Let her know this should pay for it all.” She said to him.
Leo put in his armor and grabbed all his gear. “Let’s go Athena.”
She nodded and grabbed her stuff and followed him to meet with Daylight.

Ana readied her gear and filled her med kit up. She went to meet with Daylight.

1 Like

“Rumour has it there are a couple that need some smuggling” Franky said, taking a sip of coffee. He looked over to his partner “We could get the gang back together.”

The woman chuckled and sipped her tea “And then who would run the library?”

Franky burst out laughing, slapping the table as he did. As he calmed down he looked across at the woman “I love you, Robin.”

1 Like