Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Joanna kissed him. “Come back safe… I’ll keep Josh safe.” Joanna said. She held Josh, who had grown over the past month.

Aries suited up

“Spetz! I’m going to the war room… Can you walk me there?” Grace asked.

“Sarah… What about Mary?” Tom asked.

Sky waited at the war room.

Kel showed Kyanna the image “according to Athena this hopefully will be enough to pay for everything” he said to her.

“now all we need to do is talk to Beth” Kyanna said as she stepped into the war room and cracked her knuckles.

1 Like

“I’m staying behind with her today… I’m not feeling too well…” Sarah said to him.

Ana walked in and waved at Sky.

Leo walked into the room, he held his helmet in his hand. He smiled and waved at kyanna.
Athena followed behind him.

1 Like

Kyanna smiled beneath her helmet and waved back to Leo.

1 Like

Leo nodded as he put on his helmet.
Athena waved at Kyanna, but it was meant for Kel. “Hey Kel.”

1 Like

Catina sent Leo a private com. “Hey Leo. Did you ever finish those schematics?”

And you, master of cowardly attacks. We’re not quite done yet. Catina thought about Kyanna,

2 Likes

“Ya, I did. I forgot to send it to you.” Leo replied quickly.

2 Likes

He smiled. “Remember, I’m not gone techicanlly, if he has that doll.” He said, heading to the armory and preparing his equipment and armor and going to the warroom.

2 Likes

Catina got her Data Pad ready, and waited for a message.

So while we’re away, I’ll have a Huragok build some new armor systems, I already gathered enough Tungsten Carbide to forge the armor plating. Just one more mission with outdated armor.

1 Like

“Be safe, ok? And get better. I’ll miss you.” Tom said.

Sky blew a kiss to Ana

“so what are we doing today?” Kyanna said out loud.

1 Like

Sarah nodded. “Stay safe Tom…” She said to him as she went back to sleep.

Ana smiled.

1 Like

Robin looked down at her tea, she smiled, but was torn inside “We can’t just bring everyone back, who knows where they all are anyway.”

“I know” Franky answered, standing and walking to her side. He gently wrapped his arms around her “I mostly just want to see everyone again”

“If only we could go back…”

1 Like

Catina started tapping her Data Pad with her index finger as she held it. Vaguely hinting she was waiting for those schematics from Leo.

“How late will Aries by this time?” She said quietly, both sincere and to hide the fact she was waiting for a message from Leo. As they planned that armor upgrade behind Kyanna’s back.

1 Like

Leo sent Catina the schematics. He put his data pad away and leaned against a wall.

2 Likes

Catina forwarded the schematics, and directions to her room that the armor plating was in to the original Huragok trio in their workshop. “Would you three be so kind as to build the internal systems and attach the armor plating to it, while I am away for a short while?” Catina asked them.

“Thank you.” Catina then told Leo over a private com. And she waited for Samantha to start the mission brief.

1 Like

Kaitlynn looked to Blake and approached him.

“Did you ever talk to Joanna?” She asked, he nodded his head and tucked his helmet tightly under his left arm.

“Yeah, She said she talked to them, but she was suppose to hear back from them, but they haven’t spoken about it I guess.” She sighed in despair, and scratched her neck.

“Guess that means. ‘No, we don’t want you. Now ■■■■ off’ should of seen that coming if they said no the first time.”

Blake didn’t know what to really say to her. “Sorry they rejected you.” He said awkwardly, thinking he had worded that poorly. She didn’t say anything and put her helmet on, muting it soon after.

1 Like

“I will be, goodbye.” Tom kissed her forehead, and then Mary’s.

Mary awoke an hour later and pestered her mother to wake up. “Mom, where’s Dad?”

Aries arrived.

“Alright, Daylight, today you’re going as heavy support for the Dark Star. The mission is to Kholo, and you are to recover all assets.” Samantha said. “Let’s get it done.”

“Hostile strength?” Sky asked. “If we are heavy support what’s happening out there?”

“We have no way of knowing if they are still out there, but Ruby is one of our most useful assets. If we can still have her in her sunset months, it will ensure great progress.” Samantha explained. “I predict Covenant.”

“Got it.” Sky nodded.

Tom arrived.

“I left Captain Spike in command of the garrison. He’s more than likely tired of waiting and the heat is probably scorching him as we speak. Let’s get going.” Tom said.

1 Like

“Hello my dear.” Catina said to Aries over a private com. “Even though we aren’t headed to Gahlogali, any ideas on making our way out there and tying the knot?”

“And I should mention that inside the SoS base we helped defend. I told a covie I was a same gender Human, and some SoS warriors who heard that gave me dirty looks.” Catina added. “Either they hate that I am, or perhaps at least one of them had a strange crush on me, and they disliked me being double not interested in them? Outlandish I know, but not confirmed either way.”

1 Like

Blake popped his neck. “So, the usual mission for Daylight? Good to know things will never change.” He said.

Kaitlynn looked to Blake as he said that, he soon did the same, and the two know what they were both thinking.

1 Like