Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Sarah slowly woke up. “What… oh… Dad will be back later… he has to go on a mission…” She grumbled as she sat up. “I’m staying with you though… so you aren’t alone… maybe we can go meet Joanna and her baby.” She said to Mary.

1 Like

“things changing on daylight… that never happens” Kiana said giggling a bit. “ready when you are tom” She then said.

1 Like

Catina tapped her helmet. “Hermes, wake up.” She said to him.

1 Like

“Yes ma’am. I was just reading a message Athena and Leo had sent me.” Hermes said.

2 Likes

“Hey cat… Will you have a moment to talk later?” Kyanna asked in a private comm

2 Likes

Sarah dressed Mary and got changed. She put some food and water for Melanie and left with Mary to find Joanna and Josh. She grabbed a small breakfast for herself and Mary. She knocked on Joanna’s door.

1 Like

Joanna answered it with a forced smile and crazy hair. “H-hi Sarah… Josh misses his Daddy, as you can tell…” Joanna said.

“I miss mine too.” Mary said. “Hi Josh!” Mary waved, but was disappointed when she got no response.

“Hey! I’m interested in you!” Aries said.

Tom nodded. “Let’s get to the Dark Star.” Tom said.

“Do you mind if we come in?” Sarah asked Joanna.

1 Like

Joanna stepped back. “Come in!” She smiled. She sat on the bed with Josh, and Mary got a good look at the tiny bundle.

“Can he swim?” Mary asked. Joanna was shocked for a second.

“No… He’s too little.” Joanna said.

1 Like

Sarah sat on chair with Mary on her lap. “He’s a little baby… you have to be gentle around him.” She told her. “That means when you have a brother or sister you have to be gentle.”

Leo nodded and followed Tom.

2 Likes

“Oh…” Mary sighed. She frowned now at Josh, and turned to hug her mother.

Joanna frowned too, sad that Mary couldn’t play with him.

“Let’s go.” Sky said to Daylight.

1 Like

“What if I told you that you might have a little brother or sister in a few months?” Sarah told Mary.

2 Likes

Mary shrugged as she held her mother tighter.

Daylight arrived at the Dark Star, and it began to disengage from the station.

1 Like

Josh began to play with the doll, laughing and smiling at it.

2 Likes

“You wouldn’t be excited?” Sarah asked Mary as she turned to look at Josh. “He’s adorable.”

2 Likes

“He can’t play with me…” Mary began to sob.

Joanna felt tears pull at her eyes, and held Josh closer.

1 Like

Sarah comforted Mary. “Shhh it’s okay…” she then turned to Joanna. “Do you think she could hold him for a minute. She can sit on the bed.” She whispered.

2 Likes

“Okay… Just a few seconds though…” Joanna 88nodded.

The Dark Star II finally left.

1 Like

Josh looked up to his mother and reached up to touch her face

2 Likes

Sarah smiled and sat Mary on the bed. She made a circle of pillows around her. “You’re going to hold Josh for a little, Be very careful…”

2 Likes