Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Aah. So many voices in my head right now.” Catina said to Hermes after sealing her helmet.

“Easy there Tiger.” Catina said to Aries in their private com. “I won’t even joke about that.”

“Later might be possible.” Catina replied to Kyanna. “Right now I’m more concerned about what we may find on this scouting mission. I have a bad feeling our second trip to a glassed colony will be even less fun than the first.”

Catina unsealed her helmet in time to hear Sky, and she moved with the others towards The Darkstar II. And did I remember my Machete? Yes I did. She thought as she glanced at it and it’s sheath strapped to her waist.

1 Like

Joanna hugged Josh tightly as Mary sat on the bed.

Joanna carefully set Josh down in Mary’s arms. Joanna almost cried as she watched with Sarah. Mary held the baby with care, although he was quite heavy for her.

The Dark Star left the station with Daylight aboard.

1 Like

“Be very careful Mary…” Sarah said to her.

2 Likes

“Do you ever think about where they are now?” Franky asked, a sliver of cheer returning to his voice.

“With our last score, most of them should be alright” Robin answered, a smile finding its way to her face.

“The Captain is probably starving” Franky corrected lightly, causing both of them to giggle.

1 Like

Mary felt Josh’s hand.

The Dark Star entered slipspace booooiiiiiiissss

1 Like

Sarah smiled at her daughter. “She’s happy…” she told Joanna.

Leo went over to Kyanna.

2 Likes

Catina sent 4728 a com. “ETA to Kholo?”

She then turned to Aries. “Mess Deck, then go to our room aboard this ship?”

1 Like

“hey” Kyanna said as Leo approached her

1 Like

“Her Hermes.” Catina said to him inside her helmet. “May I ask what Leo’s and Athena’s message to you was, or is that top secret?”

1 Like

Joanna smiled amd put an arm around Sarah.

Aries nodded.

“Month probably. Get comfortable.” Tom said.

Before anything serious could develop on the Dark Star I’m timeskipping to Kholo.

1 Like

Kyanna approached Catina “hey… are you busy right now?” she asked her. She had waited over a month to have this conversation.

2 Likes

Everyday Sarah would go with Mary to accompany Joanna and Josh. She knocked on the door again.

1 Like

OOC in before timeskip.

“Am I busy? No We have a whole month to get to Kholo, so freetime is plentiful.” Catina replied. “What’s on your mind?” Should I be ready to hit you in the face with the butt of my shotgun?

1 Like

(what you want this conversation to be before the timeskip… welp ok, makes more sense then)

before the timeskip i guess

“look… i… are you okay? how’s your spine doing?” Kyanna asked

2 Likes

“Sarah… Are you worried about Tom?” Joanna asked as she got the door. Mary let herself in to prepare to hold Josh while she listened to their mothers talk.

“Combat squads alpha and bravo to the hangar, you are the primary recovery force. We will translate in system above Kholo within the hour.” Tom said.

As the garrison performed their tasks, Captain Spike looked over the map of what lay in orbit. A creature akin to an angel slowly made its way closer. Spike didn’t take his eyes off it until a member of Fireteam Core entered.

“Ruby says to rouse the troops. She is coming, whatever that means.” He said.

“Get back to Ruby.” Spike ordered. He then pressed his comms device. “All forces, battlestations! Do not allow them into the structure!” Spike shouted. Clad in armor as he was, he rushed to the armory for his weapons.

He tore a machine gun from the wall and ran with his fellow foxtrots down the flat strip of land which was now a lane straight into the structure.

“Take cover!” He shouted as Phaetons streaked overhead, but he had no time. The.group racing out of the armory about 25 meters behind him had been incinerated by a volley of fire from a Phaeton. A glance to those ahead allowed him a glimpse of a second Phaeton butchering the group that made it out before him. The nosegun made short work of his unaugmented men. He lowered his chaingun to his waist, and opened fire.

Orbs of blue light appeared, and quickly deposited more automatons they had fought shortly after the Dark Star’s arrival. His fire cut down the quicker and more nimble soldiers with ease. However, he was surrounded, and Foxtrot by Foxtrot, he was losing men fast. The larger ones closed in as the Promethean Soldiers fell easily to his heavy weapon. The Knights batted his men aside, incinerating and destroying all of them. Eventually surrounded, Spike’s last words became “FOR FOXTROT COMMAND!” Before the red and white captain was finally executed by overwhelming fire.

1 Like

Sarah nodded with tears in her eyes. “I am… I am terrified for him.” She said to Joanna.

Leo readied his weapons.
Athena did a final check on her gear.
Ana held sky’s hand tightly.

2 Likes

Blake and Kaitlynn readied their weapons. “Alright, lets see if one month of preparing for this ■■■■ is gonna pay off.” Kaitlynn said loading a round into her battle rifle.

2 Likes

“Honestly, it was just bruised.” Catina said. “Chemically induced strengthening of my bones was part of the Spartan III augmentations. Otherwise I probably would have really been a mess from either a Wraith’s plasma mortar barely missing me back in '52, or the LR tank that barely missed me, and left a much larger bruise on my back.”

1 Like

“I’m the same for Blake.” Joanna said. She gave Josh to Mary and hugged Sarah

Sky held Ana as well. “It’s alright.”

1 Like

“okay then… look i wanted to say i’m sorry for doing that… i was just so angry at you, and i kept trying and trying different things but nothing worked… and i couldn’t keep it bottled up anymore” Kyanna said.

2 Likes